Toddle saved from pool in Waynesboro

Full story: Public Opinion

A small child is in stable condition at 9 a.m. today in Milton S. Hershey Medical Center after falling into a swimming pool at 422 Chestnut Street on Sunday, according to Waynesboro Police Department.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jun 21, 2010
Holly

Mercersburg, PA

#1 Jun 21, 2010
Glad the poor thing is ok.
Honey

Camp Dennison, OH

#4 Jun 21, 2010
ok, this morning on the radio they said the baby died, people really need to get there storey's straight, i am so glad to hear the child is ok..
Well

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Jun 21, 2010
Hope the child has a speedy and full recovery
I Feel Your Pain

Landisburg, PA

#9 Jun 21, 2010
Hooray for the quick CPR administration! Glad the little one will likely be OK.
Amy

Jacksonville, NC

#10 Jun 21, 2010
And the article title says "toddle"... interesting.
nsearch4u

Chambersburg, PA

#11 Jun 21, 2010
know the family... The little girl is going to be okay.

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#12 Jun 21, 2010
Remember folks Miracles happen everyday.
ship resident

Greencastle, PA

#13 Jun 21, 2010
Accidents happen and I'm glad the child will be ok. BRAVO to the person (or persons) who reacted quickly and probably saved this childs life !!!
RightSaidFred

Newville, PA

#14 Jun 21, 2010
GenPatton wrote:
Remember folks Miracles happen everyday.
Prove it.
otus

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Jun 21, 2010
RightSaidFred wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
your still breathing

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#16 Jun 21, 2010
RightSaidFred wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Amen

lol
stupid

Chambersburg, PA

#17 Jun 21, 2010
What is it with not watching small children near swimming pools? Recently, there was a drowning in St. Thomas, where the child's mom just got finished helping the grandmother and her boyfriend open their pool at their new house. 3 adults at this household, what is wrong with watching the children. I understand accidents happen and the children are quick. But grow up and accept the responsiblity. Thank goodness the child is okay, but grandma needs to accept responsibility that she left this happen and stop blaming everyone else. I pray this child is okay also.
what

Chambersburg, PA

#18 Jun 21, 2010
Where is Medic 3 from? Last I checked there was no Medic 3 in Franklin County.
Thankful

Chambersburg, PA

#19 Jun 21, 2010
I am glad the child is doing ok. I had the same thing happen to my child, when it happen to my child it was a wake up call to me that small kids need to enroll in a Red Cross swimming course. Even if you are watching your child, they are so active that you get distracted for one minute and they can be at the bottom of the pool. It happens so easy, I know I have experienced it. It is summer time, everyone that reads this, if you have a small child enroll them in a Red Cross swimming course this summer. I am in no way faulting the parents of this child, as I stated I did the same thing, and was lucky that my child did not drown. Again I am glad that people are reporting that the child is ok.
rural resident

Chambersburg, PA

#20 Jun 21, 2010
Honey wrote:
ok, this morning on the radio they said the baby died, people really need to get there storey's straight, i am so glad to hear the child is ok..
so am i. try some spell check and pronunciation check.
rural resident

Chambersburg, PA

#21 Jun 21, 2010
Thankful wrote:
I am glad the child is doing ok. I had the same thing happen to my child, when it happen to my child it was a wake up call to me that small kids need to enroll in a Red Cross swimming course. Even if you are watching your child, they are so active that you get distracted for one minute and they can be at the bottom of the pool. It happens so easy, I know I have experienced it. It is summer time, everyone that reads this, if you have a small child enroll them in a Red Cross swimming course this summer. I am in no way faulting the parents of this child, as I stated I did the same thing, and was lucky that my child did not drown. Again I am glad that people are reporting that the child is ok.
make them get out of the pool and stay with you if the phone rings/the doorbell rings/etc. dont let a distraction take you away from the most important job of watching your pool/your child.

you can always make a call back to the person who called, etc. remember the emergency is not the phone call.

a RC course is a very good idea and should always be taken but never should it be used as a life saver. a child in a supervised pool will react very differently than when they fall into the pool and panic.
rural resident

Chambersburg, PA

#22 Jun 21, 2010
what wrote:
Where is Medic 3 from? Last I checked there was no Medic 3 in Franklin County.
so who really cares??
rural resident

Chambersburg, PA

#23 Jun 21, 2010
stupid wrote:
What is it with not watching small children near swimming pools? Recently, there was a drowning in St. Thomas, where the child's mom just got finished helping the grandmother and her boyfriend open their pool at their new house. 3 adults at this household, what is wrong with watching the children. I understand accidents happen and the children are quick. But grow up and accept the responsiblity. Thank goodness the child is okay, but grandma needs to accept responsibility that she left this happen and stop blaming everyone else. I pray this child is okay also.
i agree. three adults. one should have had full time supervision of the child.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 15 min Confused 3,935
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Obamas Pretend Pr... 51,314
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 19 hr EDDIE SWINDELL 161
Review: Animal Care Hospital - Jennifer Hopkins... (Jul '10) Jul '14 they do not care 19
Jen Dennis Jul '14 Skips 1
Review: Rainbow Massage & Spa (Jul '09) Jul '14 Anonymous 15
Debate: Obama-Economy - Lewisburg, PA (Feb '12) Jun '14 czpo9 4
•••
•••
Milton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Milton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000