... And grocery shoppers will help to...

... And grocery shoppers will help to pay them -- themorningcal...

There are 7 comments on the The Morning Call story from Aug 13, 2007, titled ... And grocery shoppers will help to pay them -- themorningcal.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

In June, while Gov. Ed Rendell and the Legislature were in the midst of contentious budget negotiations that would result in temporary lay-offs for thousands of state employees, a proposal to toll Interstate 80 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Attitude-Dude

United States

#1 Aug 13, 2007
I agree, This governor is wacked out of his mind. Why dont they stop giving out 500 a month in food stamps to every lazy a$$ person that has an "issue!" SPEND SPEND SPEND!!!!!!! Fast Eddy is a horrible person! He should be ashamed!
Realistic Thinker

Allentown, PA

#2 Aug 13, 2007
Ok, this proposal did not materialize out of no where, if you follow the news it was there before the major budget cruch. besides NJ's short stretch we are the only state that no longer has tolls on I-80 other states realized years ago that in order to keep taxes lower and a road like I-80 in shape there is a need to have tolls.
I think we need to stop blaming 50 cent to 1 dollar tolls for the prices at a certain grocery store being over priced especially for the quality
chief

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Aug 13, 2007
How about passing a bill that forces mass transit to be solvent without any tax money?

Since: Jul 07

Macungie, PA

#4 Aug 13, 2007
How about increasing the overweight truck fines to $100,000.

That will help the roads and bridges (Heavy trucks being the main reason roads and bridges fail) as well as get the revenue to the state to pay for the repairs.
Mouse Pad

Nazareth, PA

#5 Aug 13, 2007
How about our federal gov stops wasting billions of our money on Iraq's infrastructure and put that money into America's infrastructure?

If PA got the right amount of $ and spent it wisely, we wouldn't have to have any tolls on our roadways.
DSotM

United States

#6 Aug 14, 2007
I-80 IS a toll road throughout almost all of Ohio and is one of the best maintained roads that i have driven on. In PA the condition of I-80 ia awful, thanks in large part to the thousands of trucks that tear it up every day.

About the suggestion that mass transit be self sufficien, obviously, that comment is from someone who does not use mass transit. ALL of the GREAT industrialized societies fund, or subsidize mass transit. The US chooses to subsidize the oil companies with "tax incentives"
Amanda

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Aug 14, 2007
Realistic Thinker wrote:
Ok, this proposal did not materialize out of no where, if you follow the news it was there before the major budget cruch. besides NJ's short stretch we are the only state that no longer has tolls on I-80 other states realized years ago that in order to keep taxes lower and a road like I-80 in shape there is a need to have tolls.
I think we need to stop blaming 50 cent to 1 dollar tolls for the prices at a certain grocery store being over priced especially for the quality
Well that certain grocery store you mention is no more expensive then the other area stores. What is on sale at Weis this week will be on sale at Giant the next so it all balances out. I shop all over and they are about the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greg Drollinger Gets Patrolman of the year? (Feb '09) Jul '16 Amos Chipotle 3
News 52 Year Old Rev. Jose Rosa Missing Since (May '09) Jun '16 PastorJoesDaughter 9
Looking for a Zika Pinhead wife. (Feb '16) Apr '16 Zeke the Pinhead 2
Nikita Bastian (Oct '15) Apr '16 Karma 4
a question (May '09) Apr '16 Craig 10
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Mar '16 Drums leprechaun 54
ACF to lay off 300 (Dec '15) Dec '15 Pogo 1

Milton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milton Mortgages