Ghost-hunting team tackles Wrightsville restaurant

Full story: York Dispatch

Katrina Pierce was writing the daily specials on her menu board as she had done every day since Feb.
Comments
1 - 20 of 43 Comments Last updated Nov 4, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
No Ghosts

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

1

You people really need to get out of the 17th century.
commonsense

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

they have rodents in the attic I can see them sitting in the window
taxpayer

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

if the brothers want that picture on the ledge instead of the hook, then take a hint & leave it there
Casper

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OMG, they spotted me.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

She's trying to create more business by luring people into a "haunted" area... desperate times call for desperate measures. The SyFy freaks will go ga-ga for this!
the one that got away

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

shhhhhhhhhh did you hear that? Maybe Katrina did.
speechless in Windsor

Wrightsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

Hope that by advertising it, a bunch of curious on-lookers don't show up and contaminate your evidence. Best of luck to ya,some presences are comforting at times.
Melissa

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I believe and can't wait to visit!! All you skeptics that post on here know nothing of what you're talking about unless you experience it firsthand. I have not only felt but have seen a ghost in the apartment I'm living in plus caught my great grandfather talking to me on a voice recorder right before my great grandmother died. People do have an afterlife beyond this life an sometimes they wait for their loved ones to pass over to be with them forever. Don't judge the believers just because you haven't been in the right place and right time...
the one that got away

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Melissa wrote:
I believe and can't wait to visit!! All you skeptics that post on here know nothing of what you're talking about unless you experience it firsthand. I have not only felt but have seen a ghost in the apartment I'm living in plus caught my great grandfather talking to me on a voice recorder right before my great grandmother died. People do have an afterlife beyond this life an sometimes they wait for their loved ones to pass over to be with them forever. Don't judge the believers just because you haven't been in the right place and right time...
Hey, are you related to, Katrina...( it shows )
oldandintheway

Newmanstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

The lady has reason to believe that she and others have seen and heard possible paranormal activity. Let the ghost hunters come in and check it out. don't acuse the lady of being insane or addicted to drugs, when you don't know your head from the hole in your ---....
Also, it never ceases to amaze me how some of the people from this area that post on this forum always feel the need to show their racism even with something like this. I have lived in York County all my life and sometimes it reminds me of parts of the South in the 1920's....
Melissa

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

the one that got away wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, are you related to, Katrina...( it shows )
Wow you're such a funny one! Lol! This is a topic that many people believe in. It's been proven many times that ghosts exist. If you don't believe in this, you're pretty much saying places like Gettysburg aren't haunted either. This is a topic that's considered on the same platform as religion. People don't slander it as they should not this. At least I had the nerve to use my real name. I have nothing to be ashamed of because its what I believe. You just make fun of it, because you're afraid to believe the truth. People like you don't deserve to comment on here...
Ghostbuster

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

You believers crack me up. All your paranormal experiences are IN YOUR HEADS.
Cookie

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 24, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

The closed minds of so many people in York County dismay me. I don't know if there are ghosts or not, but anyone here who can say that they know for a fact that there aren't such things is either arrogant or ignorant. Unless you've been dead yourself and come back, or God has taken you into his confidence, how do you KNOW? A closed mind is a sad thing to have. It not only closes out those things one is already biased against, it prevent enlightenment from getting in. Prejudice, fear, etc., have as their roots minds unable and/or unwilling to think beyond their own little worlds. These are the minds that think they know it all, that there is nothing possible in the world if they themselves can't conceive of it.

The negative comments here are frightening, to say the least. If you don't believe that some spirits walk among us, fine. Just say so, and say why. Don't ridicule those who allow for the possibility.

And, btw, I had a science professor in school--a brilliant mind (clearly far brighter than many of those who posted here) who believed in ghosts. He was also a very religious man. He said that the body has electrical energy coursing through it (which is true, unless you don't believe in science, either) and that when the physical body dies, that energy still exists. The question becomes in what form. Personally, this sounds like a perfectly logical explanation of the sorts of phenomena people who believe in ghosts have experienced.

I suggest the people here who disparage such things actually read a few books or do some research online so you know what you're talking about. Before you can make an INFORMED opinion about the subject. As I said, I don't know the answer, but I would be stupid to dismiss this woman's experience out of hand simply because I don't know more about the subject, or have some ingrained "knowledge" (like parents or a priest/pastor just telling me that ghosts don't exist--like that is absolute truth) that makes me certain.
Ghost Hunters Inc

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 24, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

3

My name is Scott Wise and I am one of the investigators that will be going into investigate the premises this evening. I think its nice to have a COMMENT section for news articles for people to voice their opinion, we all believe in different things. But I believe there should be no room for the ones who are making nasty and racial comments about people they dont even know. What fun would our field be without our skeptics.... NONE. I could talk for hours to these people about all the things that I have witnessed that could not be explained. And no I do not take drugs. The reason I joined a group is because I have always been interested in the paranormal, and wanted to take it a step further. We have a lot fun and its like a hobby for us, we don't charge any money for it and there could be many times we would be able to capture anything. So to all you skeptics and non-believers, I invite you to visit "The Ghost Hunters Incorporated Case Files" website to check out some of the evidence we have captured and feel free to post a comment, but all racial or any kinda people bashing will be removed immediately. I am very interested in what other people think and if you post your opinion and it is not offensive to anyone I will keep it in the COMMENTS section. Thanks for reading and HAPPY HAUNTING.
http://ghicasefiles.ucoz.net
Tom

Etters, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jul 24, 2010
 
oldandintheway wrote:
The lady has reason to believe that she and others have seen and heard possible paranormal activity. Let the ghost hunters come in and check it out. don't acuse the lady of being insane or addicted to drugs, when you don't know your head from the hole in your ---....
Also, it never ceases to amaze me how some of the people from this area that post on this forum always feel the need to show their racism even with something like this. I have lived in York County all my life and sometimes it reminds me of parts of the South in the 1920's....
Where do you see a racist remark?
Tom

Etters, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jul 24, 2010
 
Ghost Hunters Inc wrote:
My name is Scott Wise and I am one of the investigators that will be going into investigate the premises this evening. I think its nice to have a COMMENT section for news articles for people to voice their opinion, we all believe in different things. But I believe there should be no room for the ones who are making nasty and racial comments about people they dont even know. What fun would our field be without our skeptics.... NONE. I could talk for hours to these people about all the things that I have witnessed that could not be explained. And no I do not take drugs. The reason I joined a group is because I have always been interested in the paranormal, and wanted to take it a step further. We have a lot fun and its like a hobby for us, we don't charge any money for it and there could be many times we would be able to capture anything. So to all you skeptics and non-believers, I invite you to visit "The Ghost Hunters Incorporated Case Files" website to check out some of the evidence we have captured and feel free to post a comment, but all racial or any kinda people bashing will be removed immediately. I am very interested in what other people think and if you post your opinion and it is not offensive to anyone I will keep it in the COMMENTS section. Thanks for reading and HAPPY HAUNTING.
http://ghicasefiles.ucoz.net
I agree with everything you say here, except for one thing. Where do you see a racist remark?
Science

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jul 24, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

I find it amazing how superstitious and ignorant people are. The argument is always brought forth about some 'educated' person who believes in ghosts or does research into so-called paranormal activity. Looking into the person's background almost always reveals some religious influence. Then, there are those who bring in scientific instruments and use erratic readings as 'proof' that 'something is going on'. Life on earth has existed for some 3 billion years. Humans are such a small part of the entire picture that they are almost insignificant. Mathematical odds would suggest that there would be far more dinosaur ghosts. You never hear of those. All you hear about are relatively modern subjects. Virtually no one with a solid scientific background gives even a shred of credibility to this garbage. People with this level of thinking are the same type responsible for the Salem witch trials.
mark

Pottsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jul 24, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why not believe in ghosts? Look how many Americans believe that tax cuts for the rich will improve our economy. It's funny how some people can be true believers in things for which scientific evidence is totally lacking (such as ghosts, water witching, and visitors from outer space) yet consider themselves serious skeptics when it comes to important issues having real impact, such as biological evolution or the scientific consensus that humans are largely responsible for the global warming experienced during the past century.
local

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jul 24, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

oldandintheway wrote:
The lady has reason to believe that she and others have seen and heard possible paranormal activity. Let the ghost hunters come in and check it out. don't acuse the lady of being insane or addicted to drugs, when you don't know your head from the hole in your ---....
Also, it never ceases to amaze me how some of the people from this area that post on this forum always feel the need to show their racism even with something like this. I have lived in York County all my life and sometimes it reminds me of parts of the South in the 1920's....
1920's.......?

Boy, you are really old.
Tom

Etters, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jul 24, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

mark wrote:
Why not believe in ghosts? Look how many Americans believe that tax cuts for the rich will improve our economy. It's funny how some people can be true believers in things for which scientific evidence is totally lacking (such as ghosts, water witching, and visitors from outer space) yet consider themselves serious skeptics when it comes to important issues having real impact, such as biological evolution or the scientific consensus that humans are largely responsible for the global warming experienced during the past century.
Wow! Spoken like a true filthy sidewalk sissie Liberal!.....Need I say more

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr Think it through 3,908
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr Eddie Swindell 51,298
Review: Animal Care Hospital - Jennifer Hopkins... (Jul '10) Jul '14 they do not care 19
Jen Dennis Jul '14 Skips 1
Review: Rainbow Massage & Spa (Jul '09) Jul '14 Anonymous 15
Debate: Obama-Economy - Lewisburg, PA (Feb '12) Jun '14 czpo9 4
Two waitresses steal $27,000, police say (Dec '09) May '14 longshot 138
•••
•••
•••

Milton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Milton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Milton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Milton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••