They've taken 'life' out of life sent...

They've taken 'life' out of life sentences

There are 12 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jan 3, 2011, titled They've taken 'life' out of life sentences. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The fact that the Massachusetts Parole Board voted unanimously in 2007 to release Domenic Cinelli from prison, and a sentence of three concurrent life sentences, says enough about the system's corruptive influences to call for its abolishment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Iron Mike

Acton, MA

#1 Jan 3, 2011
People who call themselves 'liberal', and who vote for 'liberals' need to look in the mirror EVERT time a paroled thug commits another act of violence upon our citizens.

"...the board's makeup isn't exactly a tough-on-crime crowd"

Ya' think? These are the ooey-gooeyist bunch of cookie-baking den mothers you could possibly find.

http://www.mass.gov/...

The basic problem is that they think that by virtue of their appointment to the Board, they are SUPPOSED to grant paroles. They've already suckered themselves BEFORE they look at a goon's record.

NOBODY should be serving on a parole board who has not been the victim of a violent crime. Let's get rid of the fairy godmothers!
Tyngsborough

Merrimack, NH

#2 Jan 3, 2011
When the police, prosecutors, courts and jury do their jobs and put a criminal away for three life sentences, why is a politically appointed parole board allowed to undo those efforts?
Ken

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Jan 3, 2011
There was a time when a life sentence was just that but liberal idiots have corrupted the criminal justice system. The shooter from the party in Lowell will be out in 15 years. He will be walking funny by then having been man plowed for several years.
Ted

Burlington, MA

#4 Jan 3, 2011
3 concurent life sentences means that he should have to at least serve one life sentence.
What about his former victims? What about his current victim?
They do not get a second chance.
That piece of crap should have died in jail and not be free to commit more mayhem as he had in the past.
Who are the morons that let him out of jail? Their names and photos should be in the paper so we know who they are.
If the Parole boards families were the victims they would mot have let him out.
shocking

East Hampton, CT

#5 Jan 3, 2011
Two appointees to the parole board are Romney's .

It's shocking to see so many members of the board in law enforcement and related fields make such stupid decisions.

On the other hand, the public hates paying room and board for its' prisoners.
chicken little

Lowell, MA

#6 Jan 3, 2011
The sky is falling!!!!! Liberals did it! What a joke. I don't know why people think "liberals" want criminals to go free. I've never hung out with my friends disgussing how we could undermine the justice system. If anything, it's neocon tax cutting movement that is placing pressure on every imaginable sector of public service, including prisons and prosecutors. Look to yourselves for the answers. You think everything comes for free.

It's not just freedom that isn't free. But nothing else fits nicely on a bumper sticker for you simpletons. Prisons aren't free either. neither are good investigation teams or prosecutorial attorneys. But you can't see beyond your own personal gain to understand this.
Tyngsborough

Merrimack, NH

#7 Jan 3, 2011
Ted wrote:
3 concurent life sentences means that he should have to at least serve one life sentence.
What about his former victims? What about his current victim?
They do not get a second chance.
That piece of crap should have died in jail and not be free to commit more mayhem as he had in the past.
Who are the morons that let him out of jail? Their names and photos should be in the paper so we know who they are.
If the Parole boards families were the victims they would mot have let him out.
Here's the link to the Parole Board with photos and biographies of each member:
http://www.mass.gov/...

The decision to release the inmate serving three life terms was unanimous.
Fed up

Westford, MA

#8 Jan 3, 2011
shocking wrote:
Two appointees to the parole board are Romney's .
It's shocking to see so many members of the board in law enforcement and related fields make such stupid decisions.
On the other hand, the public hates paying room and board for its' prisoners.
The electric chair,or lethal drug injection would cure that problem.
Iron Mike

Acton, MA

#10 Jan 3, 2011
chicken little wrote:
The sky is falling!!!!! Liberals did it!...it's neocon tax cutting ...placing pressure on every imaginable sector of public service, including prisons...you can't see beyond your own personal gain...
>> But nothing else fits nicely on a bumper sticker for you simpletons

So you've boiled down the problem to "conservatives cut taxes [for personal profit] and the cash-starved Parole Board HAD to let them go"?

Your prose Mister Little is unworthy!
bulimia

East Hampton, CT

#11 Jan 3, 2011
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
The electric chair,or lethal drug injection would cure that problem.
Massachusetts is fortunate in that the Klu Klux Klan mentality that so often appears on the Lowell Sun Topix isn't running the state.
WTF

Chelmsford, MA

#12 Jan 3, 2011
Liberals are not the problem, society is the problem! As has been pointed out in previous posts a life sentence should be at or very close to a Life sentence! Multiply that by three and there should be virtually no chance to be re-introduced to society. It's not and issue of liberals, it's an issue of idiots! What part of that does the Parole Board not understand? That scum-bag who killed Woburn Police Officer Maguire never should have seen the light of day again. He got his three strikes and he was OUT! Now we have these young gun-toting punks in Lowell that everyone is being careful not to call gang related go in and shootout a New Years Eve get-together. I do not think Rodney King is the most upstanding American citizen but I would like to invoke his most famous quote “Why can’t we all just get along”? I love Lowell and I hang around there and have a lot of friends from there. I’m not even crazy about the corrupt cops there in Lowell but I agree with the current message… Enough is enough! That section of Westford Street between Cupples Square and 7-11 +/- 0.2 mi. has seen a totally unacceptable murder rate in this century. Obviously the only acceptable murder rate is 0 but I had to put this disclaimer there to hopefully silence the critics of symantics. Just learn how to work yourself through a cooling off period! Ask yourself "How stupid are these actions going to be"? "What are the consequences?"
chicken little wrote:
The sky is falling!!!!! Liberals did it! What a joke. I don't know why people think "liberals" want criminals to go free. I've never hung out with my friends disgussing how we could undermine the justice system. If anything, it's neocon tax cutting movement that is placing pressure on every imaginable sector of public service, including prisons and prosecutors. Look to yourselves for the answers. You think everything comes for free.
It's not just freedom that isn't free. But nothing else fits nicely on a bumper sticker for you simpletons. Prisons aren't free either. neither are good investigation teams or prosecutorial attorneys. But you can't see beyond your own personal gain to understand this.
Old Sparky

Acton, MA

#13 Jan 3, 2011
bulimia wrote:
<quoted text>
Massachusetts is fortunate in that the Klu Klux Klan mentality that so often appears on the Lowell Sun Topix isn't running the state.
There is nothing 'Klu Klux Klan' about the Death Penalty.

There are crimes evil enough to warrant it, and while there are ~ some ~ cases where evidence is not clear, that cannot be said for such animals as Michale McDermott, Salvatore Sicari, Charles Jaynes, Richard Sharpe, Neil Entwistle and John Odgren. In EACH of these cases the evidence is absolutely clear. Each is a premedidated cold-blooded and remorseless killer.

And on the night of December 26th, the actions of Dominic Cinelli in conducting an ARMED ROBERY - including agrivated battery on customers and employees - and shooting Officer Maguire 4 times - was cold-blooded and premedidated. He shot a security guard in 1984 while robbing a jewelry store WHILE HE WAS AN ESCAPEE.

Had he survived the shootout, would you be for giving him yet a fourth 'life' sentence? Or you be willing to give him a ride in Old Sparky?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thank you ma voters god bless america (Jan '10) 8 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 4
Sex in weymouth (Jun '14) Apr 25 Jackolanternx 2
News Norwood Man Charged with Selling Cocaine Apr 25 Clown by Proxy 1
News Boston man charged with disturbing the peace Apr 23 Just Wondering 1
News Craig F. Walker/Globe Staff Could Boston have a... Apr 22 Jazz 1
News Prince's Boston shows proved just what a talent... Apr 22 Tony Curtz 2
News Milton Catholic school loses gay bias case Dec '15 Bryan Fischer s H... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milton Mortgages