Two Victims Shot With Assault Rifle i...

Two Victims Shot With Assault Rifle in Milton: Suspect in Custody

There are 2 comments on the Northwest Florida Daily News story from Jan 26, 2009, titled Two Victims Shot With Assault Rifle in Milton: Suspect in Custody. In it, Northwest Florida Daily News reports that:

Two men were hospitalized after a double shooting in East Milton early Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northwest Florida Daily News.

Pastorjdh

Pensacola, FL

#1 Jan 31, 2009
Why does it say two victims? The story looks an awful lot like the three men went to this man's house to harm him and were met with a surprise. This is what the castle doctrine is all about. If this man felt his life was threatened then he had a right to act to protect himself from the three thugs who came to do the dirty work. He easily could have chased them down and killed them if that was his intent. These men did not even call the police! this whole story is a mess and reported terribly.
Vin

United States

#2 Feb 1, 2009
Pastorjdh wrote:
Why does it say two victims? The story looks an awful lot like the three men went to this man's house to harm him and were met with a surprise. This is what the castle doctrine is all about. If this man felt his life was threatened then he had a right to act to protect himself from the three thugs who came to do the dirty work. He easily could have chased them down and killed them if that was his intent. These men did not even call the police! this whole story is a mess and reported terribly.
Well, when 2 people were shot, they became "Victims". There was a 3rd person, and according to the story, he wasn't shot. Yeah yeah, they made a bad judgement call on not calling the cops, but this wasn't a home invasion robbery by three men, they were confronting a young punk crack dealer who sold crack to one of their family members. I doubt the "Castle Doctrine" applies to crack houses..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Handyman Sep 8 Karen 1
News Pace students pray in spite of graduation contr... (Jun '09) Aug 25 Chazezra 2
"Clowns to the Left of Me, Jokers to the Right..." (Mar '17) Aug '17 ThomasA 2
Cantonment Music Thread Jun '17 Musikologist 1
Sinkhole fixed by 'Closer to the Heart' Aquifer... (Mar '13) Apr '17 Patent 11
I'd love to meet my soul mate. That's why I' m ... Apr '17 captain nope 2
Who Died and Left YOU in Charge? Mar '17 Random Rim Shot 1

Milton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milton Mortgages