Burial for unnamed baby found in woods

The tiny casket of "Baby Milton" brought dozens of people to the National Cremation and Burial Society Tuesday. Full Story
Maddie

Warner Robins, GA

#1 Jan 21, 2009
I am glad to see this community getting together to mourn this poor child. Chances are the mother is a young woman, or teenage girl. She needs to be found and she needs to be checked to make sure she doesnt have any problems due to the birth. I wish her luck, and I will pray for her.
CEEJ

Youngsville, NC

#2 Jan 21, 2009
What in the world? Help the mother? Hopes she has no problems?

While we can pray for all in this tragedy, the mother has a special place reserved for her now!

The real question is whether she will repent or not.

Christine

Austin, TX

#3 Jan 21, 2009
I would like to know if the mother lives in the area. It has to be a young mother. I've rarely read about mothers getting rid of their babies by throwing them in the trash or in the woods. I feel for the people whom buried the unknown baby. It has to hurt.
Christine

Austin, TX

#4 Jan 21, 2009
Opps....I meant that I never read about mothers that are old throwing their babies away, like trash.
outspoken

Osage Beach, MO

#5 Jan 21, 2009
No offense but I think our population has been knocked down enough in the last couple of years! Not with just disease but others wrong doing!!! How can any one live with themselves after that!! If I could have 10 more kids I would but I made the mistake of getting a tubal done and regret it! What are wrong with people? No matter what its still a beautiful world its just the people that are messed up!!!
Dennis -Lewis Center Oh

New York, NY

#6 Jan 21, 2009
God bless this community for showing compassion and respect for this child. It certainly appears that the mother could do neither. This sends chills down my spine.
Tom

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jan 21, 2009
You know I was going to post something about how angry I am with the mother of this little boy but that wont do any good. I think the better thing to do here is say Thank You to those who showed up at this little boys funeral. Thank you for the compassion for a little boy that you did not know. Hopefully he is in a better place where he is getting plenty of hugs and kisses and when I get homoe tonight I will hug and kiss my young children just a little bit longer.
Reese

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Jan 21, 2009
As the mother of a 6 month old baby girl, it is so
very sad to hear this story. I love nothing more than spending time with my child, it hurts to think that someone in this world would have jumped at the chance to give that baby a home and more love than he could have ever imagined. I hope the reality of what the mother has done will eventually settle in, and yes i hope that she feels shame for what she has done. In the world that we live in today, there is no reason for things like this to happen, it has to do with all the spoiled teenagers or selfish adults that we coddle all their life- i think everyone needs to grow up and have some regard for human life.
Barb

Buffalo, NY

#9 Jan 21, 2009

Whoever left this baby is far from being a mother, & even farther from being a parent.

Probably just another piece of welfare scum, no education, no money & of course no father in the picture.

Typical & it's happening EVERYWHERE!! It does not take a village to raise a child, only two people, the mother & father, IF YOU CAN FIND THEM.
pearidgerunner

Navarre, FL

#10 Jan 21, 2009
I know what it's like to be discarded. My parents just took ten years to do it. I hope they are found and imprisoned for life.
mommaof3

Edgemont, SD

#11 Jan 21, 2009
Have one comment for Barb not to get into an agruement but just because a parent don't have an education or money or a father... I am a mother of 3 beautiful children my highest grade is 11th ... I work full time at a motel earning min. wage and my soon to be ex left us. And I will be the first to say yes I am on welfare for food nothing else but I think I have that right to be on it since I work my butt off to care for my children. Now another note I agree on most of you how can a mother do this to their children its saddens me to think a parent can just drown or throw their lil one out like that. Remembering when my three were born was the happiest time in my life.
neanea

Adolphus, KY

#12 Jan 21, 2009
Mommaof3, do not allow people who don't understand get you down. Sometimes people who haven't needed help don't know what it's like. There's nothing to be ashamed of if you need help. You're doing a great job! Stay strong! Work hard and love your babies! We don't know the situation of baby Milton. No it's not right by any means to have a baby and dump it the way this mother did. What if he was the result of rape or incest? The mother may have been emotionally unstable and not realized what she was doing. Pray for this woman that she will be found and when the truth is known then everyone can make remarks about her.
Katie

Kingston, Canada

#13 Jan 21, 2009
Let's be fair before condemning this women. Yes, we all at first read think that the parents are horrible people but do we know!? You just jump to the conclusion of welfare scum, no education et....don't judge, pray for the young boy who is now in a better place as well as for his parents, wherever they may be and hope they do the right thing. We all want to protect the children from harm but if you saw a mother or father spanking their children, would you step forward and say STOP! The judging of others needs to stop, we need to find compassion for those less fortunate or those just needing a shoulder to cry on or an ear to vent to. Peace and laughter is what the world needs to become a better place, not hatred and condemnation.
Barb wrote:
Whoever left this baby is far from being a mother, & even farther from being a parent.
Probably just another piece of welfare scum, no education, no money & of course no father in the picture.
Typical & it's happening EVERYWHERE!! It does not take a village to raise a child, only two people, the mother & father, IF YOU CAN FIND THEM.
GaGirl

Macon, GA

#14 Jan 21, 2009
There is no right for this. Parents now are so hard on kids to not have sex and to not do anything wrong and they think that their kids are just nice little angels but I think that they need to step back and take a little time out to actually befriend these kids. This is coming from a teenage mother. I am now 24 but this is the way society is. Parents need to pay more attention to their kids and actually talk to them instead of not listening to them and this might not have happened. I hope that the mother gets what she deserves and she needs to step up and face the consequences no child should die like this.
mommaof3

Edgemont, SD

#15 Jan 21, 2009
i do agree on praying for the mother but there is alot of families out there that could have taken this poor lil innocent child into their home and sheltered him and loved him. isn't that why there is the safe havens for the abandon children at the hospitals ... how did this mother know if this lil boy could have been the next president of the United States ... or found the cure of any type of cancer ...even if this lil boy milton was a rape child don't mean he would have been raised like one ... i believe the way our children is now adays is because how their raised in the home and what the learn from school and what the watch and play on the computer t.v. and video games. maybe i'm wrong about all of this and if i am i will apologize and admit it.
Rachel

Warner Robins, GA

#16 Jan 21, 2009
I agree- there won't be a sense of closure until the Mom gets the help she needs- which would be a life sentence in prison for murder!!!!!!!11
Rachel

Warner Robins, GA

#17 Jan 21, 2009
And furthermore there is ALWAYS a right and wrong. WHy does this nation persistently act as if murdering a baby isn't just as serious as murdering an adult? Death due to abandonment is MURDER. Abandonment of an infant that is already dead is just a sign of the times that the childs gestation, birth and soul was of no value to someone. If it was a youth who did it out of fear of her pregnancy being "discovered" then thats even worse because it's selfishness and a good thing God has the baby now!
DAG

Essen, Germany

#18 Jan 21, 2009
We should all look into the mirror and ask ourselves, have WE done enough to prevent such a tragedy. Did we notice the sorrow of our neighbor, did we show empathy, did we listen to the unspoken sorrows of the people around us. We are all guilty in this tragedy and we should never through the first stone, never condem the mother. The baby is now with God with his angels, but the mother iss in hell. We should all pray for her. (please excuse my grammar, I am writing from overseas)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Car accident off hwy 189 in baker? 14 hr Loralyn1202 1
Complaints bring Magic Jack an 'F' from Better ... (Aug '08) Wed hologram warnings 267
Review: Bill Lewis Construction Feb 24 Bud 2
Debate: Marijuana - Milton, FL (Sep '10) Feb 14 Mary Jackson 18
Hillsborough schools: Student discipline is tre... Feb 8 Robert 1
Prosecutor David Rimmer is appointed circuit judge (Dec '09) Jan 31 JMH 8
Tornado shelter Jan '15 Ex Vermont 1
Milton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Milton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]