Excesssive Crime Rate in Magnolia Lakes Estates (Cantonment)
Posted in the Milton Forum
#1 Feb 8, 2013
How many other Topix readers live in (or near) the Cantonment neighborhood called "Magnolia Lakes Estates" at the corner of Chenstrand Road and Kingsfield Road? My family and I have rented a very nice home in that neighborhood for almost three years now...and in that time, we have encountered the following crazy criminal activity:
- A drugged-out, crazed male teenager trying to beat / kick-in my front door to gain access to the house at 4:00PM (for whatever reason?)
- My younger son was skateboarding and was hit by a speeding Chevy Silverado pickup truck, and was badly injured, bruised, and road-rashed.
- My SUV and my younger son's car have both been vandalized and my son's car has been egged and had Bologna thrown all over it.
- My house has been egged 4 times.
- 6 months ago, someone jumped over our privacy fence and gained access to the rear of our LOCKED house while we were all asleep. They stole all of the cash from my wife's purse and nothing else! WTF? We realized we had been robbed the next morning, after doing our own CSI work on the property. Good thing we watch a lot of CSI and NCIS, because the ECSD is basically worthless. No fingerprints were taken and nothing was solved.
- My wife NICELY asked some teenage boys down the street to please stop speeding up and down the road late at night blaring their music--they responded by pacing back and forth in front of our home with baseball bats to intimidate her (I was at work at the time). ECSD was called but NEVER CAME OUT!
- And now, just 2 days ago, my younger son comes home at 10:40AM (in broad daylight on a sunny day) to find our front and back doors wide-open! Someone jumped the fence (again), broke-in through the rear of the LOCKED house (again) but took nothing this time. It appears they had gone through our Master Bathroom cabinets; apparently looking for something to get high on. ECSD responded to the call, but took no fingerprints from the sliding glass door, front door knob or deadbolt switch. They said they would not fingerprint the doors because "nothing appeared to be missing". The only "Intel" we have on THIS break-in is that apparently a White first-generation Chevrolet Tahoe (like 1997-2002?) was parked in front of my house around 8:45AM the morning we got broken-into. We don't know anything else.
Watch your backs, people! These criminals have been casing the neighborhood, watching what times people go to bed, work, etc. This was the only time on months that no cars were parked in front of my house, so I guess they thought they'd help themselves.
- My wife attended a neighborhood watch meeting about 6 months ago, and no one wanted to stand-up and be the president of the watch for fear of teenage retalliation. Huh?- A teenage girl was raped 3 streets over from ours (in the same neighborhood) 2 summers ago.
- There have been 3 or 4 home invasions in the last year or so--some while old people were home, and all were in broad daylight!
- Several vehicles in the neighborhood have had windows smashed and stereos, etc. stolen.
IS ANYONE ELSE IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD DEALING WITH THIS SAME CRAP? AREN'T YOU ALL GETTING TIRED OF IT? WHY LIVE IN FEAR?
Personally, I am sick and tired of looking out my windows every time I hear a bunch of noise outsode. The crime in this neighborhood (and in Cantonment in general) has gotten out of hand. These criminals are becoming more and more brazen, because they know (most) people won't do anything and neither will the Escambia County Sheriff's Department.
Okay... <End Rant> If you have any similar issues, please post them so we all have a better picture of what's going on in our neighborhood!
#2 Feb 12, 2013
WTF - over. Pack t up and move, already. Damn
#3 Jul 10, 2013
We bought a house FAR across town. Thank God we're out of Cuntonment!
Since: Oct 16
#4 Oct 17, 2016
I am buying a home in this neighborhood; while I was there (after I signed a contract) I saw several police on the street, Red Fern Rd. I asked what the problem was & was told that this is a good neighborhood that has very little crime except that there is a juvenile delinquent who lives on that street & that police are called out there at least once a week due to this teen and his delinquent friends. I was also told that this should end soon, as the young man was turning 18 in 2 weeks; police have been limited as to what they could do, particularly because the mother enables him to to terrorize the neighborhood by maintaining he is innocent. The police stated that once he becomes an adult, they will be able to lock him up. I sure hope so, but we will put alarms/burglar bars on the home we are buying. If you lived on Red Fern, can you message me what your house # was so I can make sure it's not the house we just bought?
Add your comments below
|(.Per.Cs,Zans and others Bulk!!)b.l.ack||Mar 14||Milton man||1|
|Is seffner a good place to live. (Aug '09)||Feb 23||Margaret||64|
|Adele velasquez||Jan '18||Ur stupid cuz u suck||1|
|dont get fooled by trump (Nov '16)||Dec '17||Trumpet||5|
|Handyman (Sep '17)||Dec '17||Ur stupid cuz u suck||2|
|Christmas 2017 miracle||Dec '17||Ur stupid cuz u suck||2|
Find what you want!
Search Milton Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC