Henny's in Stone Harbor bids farewell

Aug 29, 2008 Full story: CourierPostOnline 8

It's the last hurrah for Henny's Restaurant and Seafood Takeout in Stone Harbor.

Full Story
Betty Doron

Sterling, VA

#1 Sep 10, 2008
If you were looking for a great summer job and were willing to work hard Henny's was the place to apply. Privledged to have known Pop Blum and the entire Blum family,it saddens me to hear that Henny's is closing. They are wonderful people with big hearts. I wish them all the best.
Patty B - Harrisburg

Vineland, NJ

#2 Sep 10, 2008
It saddens me that Henny's is closing. I went there as a kid in the sixties with my parents. We used to go down to Stone Harbor the first two weeks of Austust every year along with my aunt and uncle (and their kids)on both my mom and dad's sides of the family. There were also many other friends that came down those same two weeks. I remember going to Henny's and being served my first "shirley temple," I thought I was hot stuff!! Oh, the good times my parents and their friends had at Hennys (and Hahn's, not sure of the spelling, that was across the street). And the many good times I have had since then.

I will miss the place. I am going down next week specifically to take some pictures and have one last martini and deviled crab.
Farewell, old friend!

Debbie

Kingston, PA

#3 Jul 2, 2009
I am saddened along with all my family that Henny's is closed. We've been going there for 20+ years. Kareoke with Johnny was a classic. It was a family place that you can go for a drink, sing and laugh without the loud, obnoxious music from other bars. What will families do for wholesome fun? Thanks for the memories!
Frankie

Sea Isle City, NJ

#4 Jul 11, 2009
I'll never forget my first visit, when the bartender, (Buddy M) began a show behind the bar, and sang Yankee Doodle Dandy. It then would blossom into a full show around the bar. It was one of the nicest shock's in my life. And I want to thank Debbie for taking me there. Debbie, if your reading this, give me a buzz.
Duane Fournier Moore

Morristown, TN

#5 Jul 23, 2009
Started going in 1944 to dinner and blossomed whole summers spent in Stone Harbor, grew to enjoy my Friday night singalong with all my friends and family. Everything has changed for those of a different generation. Remember Shelter Haven was another great dining experience. Treaty Joes does it come any beter? God, we miss it!!!!!
Sal

Bayonne, NJ

#6 Aug 5, 2009
I just found out recently that Henneys had closed!!! How sad! I'm 71 and have been going to Henneys since I was 17. My inlaws had been going there for many years before that. I have 2 sons and we went to Stone Harbor every year and our vacation would have not be complete without dinner at Henneys!
Two years ago, our whole family and my two beautiful granddaughters all had dinner there when we all went to Stone Harbor for a family vacation. So that's four generations of wonderful memories. Stone Harbor will never be the same without Henneys!
Thanks for the memories Henneys!!!
natalie

Laurel, MD

#7 Feb 11, 2010
I have been going to hennys since I was born and my family before me. I grew up hearing the stories of my grandfather taking his family there after drinks at the american legion. My favorite dish was the broiled flounder with mashed potatoes and apple sauce and my mother was always the last to order but always got the seafood platter. It was my favorite resturant on the island and I will never forget it. I will also never forget the Hennys last call night where my parents and I enjoyed our last night at hennys and listening to the Sea Billies live featuring our close friends the 0rzech boys. It seemed like I knew everyone there even tho they where all strangers because I knew we were all there for the same reason WE LOVE HENNYS!!!!!!
Elaine Naples Bernier

Stockbridge, GA

#8 Jan 25, 2013
Duane Fournier Moore wrote:
Started going in 1944 to dinner and blossomed whole summers spent in Stone Harbor, grew to enjoy my Friday night singalong with all my friends and family. Everything has changed for those of a different generation. Remember Shelter Haven was another great dining experience. Treaty Joes does it come any beter? God, we miss it!!!!!
Duane, So sad to hear of Henny's closing,too. What idylic times we had . My brother Jimmy was there last Aug. for SHBP reunion said it's not the same anymore.:( "God I miss it too!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milmay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Sep 25 Josh 43
Jane & Ed Gay Aug '14 Yankee girl 1
Hammonton resident Jacobus needs to grow up; Se... (Aug '13) Aug '14 Jack Dunham 7
Review: Turk's Pressure Wash Services Jul '14 john 1
Do you approve of Frank LoBiondo as Representat... (Jan '14) Jun '14 Larry Musetti 2
Judge blocks city from action on recall effort May '14 Sammy b 1
jan.5th (? year) (Sep '13) Sep '13 Lois DeRosa Kotova 1

Milmay News Video

Milmay Jobs

Milmay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Milmay News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Milmay

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]