Milltown Ol Timer

Springfield, PA

#1 Aug 31, 2011
I'm fine dealing with no power for 2 days. But more than that is insane especially knowing that Milltown is willing to spend 6M on a new firehouse instead of a new substation out of a flood zone. To all Milltown residents, if you don't want to spend another 4 days of more in the dark, write to your council members. We'll all going to be dealing with this again in the future if we don't act now. Spend the money on where it's needed. Stop politicking! I don't know what these local politicians are going to get on a 6M firehouse. We are a small town, we already have a firehouse that's working. when we get fire other stations from other towns (east Brunswick, North Brunswick)come in for help. New firehouse will also increase our taxes.
Another Oldtimer

AOL

#2 Sep 7, 2011
Milltown Ol Timer wrote:
I'm fine dealing with no power for 2 days. But more than that is insane especially knowing that Milltown is willing to spend 6M on a new firehouse instead of a new substation out of a flood zone. To all Milltown residents, if you don't want to spend another 4 days of more in the dark, write to your council members. We'll all going to be dealing with this again in the future if we don't act now. Spend the money on where it's needed. Stop politicking! I don't know what these local politicians are going to get on a 6M firehouse. We are a small town, we already have a firehouse that's working. when we get fire other stations from other towns (east Brunswick, North Brunswick)come in for help. New firehouse will also increase our taxes.
I offer this response to the oldtimer above.
Apparently you are one oldtimer who has never been involved in doing anything except whining. When was the last time you set foot in the door of the firehouse ? Probably NEVER ! A firehouse is much more that just an old garage. Yes it does provide protection for the Millions of dollars worth of equipment that the taxpayers have purchased over the years but it is still more.
Where were you during the hurricane ? Home with your loved ones? Firemen were not allowed that luxury. They had your home and property as well as everyone elses to protect. They stay at the firehouse during disasters like this so that they can respond as quickly as possible to whatever may arise and hopefully the emergency isn't at their home and does't involve their families. Because they are not there. They are out protecting YOU. Fires and flooding and downed wires etc, Thats what they are involved in and you just sit on your rear complaining. They put their lives on the line for the taxpayers every day and people such as yourself who do nothing worthwhile for the community you live in just sit back and gripe about things you know nothing about. You should be ashamed of yourself for your uninformed mindset.
I suggest that you go spend a few days at the firehouse during the next disaster or severe weather incident to give yourself an idea of what the firefighters must go through to be there when the townspeople need them.
I heartily applaud all emergency personell who gave their time and energy to your protection. They all deserve much more than someone like you will ever know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milltown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: N & K Trading Inc (Feb '13) Mon Linda K Carlisle 116
New Brunswick man sentenced to prison for distr... Oct 8 mellz 1
Shame on you South River Police Department (May '06) Oct 7 INFIDEL 54
reply to comment Oct 7 Anonymous 1
Edison's police chief: $200,000 in renovations,... Sep 29 taxpayer 4
Crazy weather traced to Arctic's impact on jet ... Sep 27 Dominic DeFrank 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Francis Sheer 24

Milltown News Video

Milltown Dating
Find my Match

Milltown Jobs

Milltown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Milltown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Milltown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]