Lucky's Coffee House, Milltown Mail S...

Lucky's Coffee House, Milltown Mail Street

Posted in the Milltown Forum

GrantG

East Brunswick, NJ

#1 Jan 23, 2010
So.. here I am sitting in this coffee house for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon... The place is really good looking inside - a nice combination of banquette, cafe table, easy chair and dark wood bench seating, antique white tiles.. warm colors... The coffee is good - good basic stuff and great expresso... good cookies and brownies... there's free wifi, games, good music and an interesting selection of films....

Over the time, a dozen or so people - maybe fifteen - drift in, order coffee, sit and relax, chat to one another and the Owner. Most people seem to know him and appear to be regulars. It's relaxed and friendly - there's adults, couples, people with kids...

But the place is on the verge of closing and I don't understand why - why isn't it more popular? Over the eighteen months or so it's been open they've served variously great soup, chilli, sandwiches, cakes; they've had Jazz Saturday's, Open Mic nights and a range of functions. Is it really that people in Milltown and East and North Brunswick simply don't like the place or have no time to relax and chat?

This place should be busy for breakfast and lunch, after school and in the evenings. It is one of the few places that caters equally for adults, parents and kids and teens who want to hang out online. It's in a great spot close to the school, the banks and houses.

It'll be a real loss to the area if it closes or reinvents itself as another generic sandwich shop. So - if you haven't been, check it out.
MillBilly

East Meadow, NY

#2 Mar 23, 2010
I'll tell you why it's probably on the verge of closing because your LUCKY if it's ever open.

Great place, but it's a shame you can never count on the place being open any specif day or times - thats a sure fire way to go out of business.

Shame too - I really like the place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milltown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Teens Jersey Shore Area meetup/hookup Wed Jwassup60 3
News AG criticizes ICE arrests of immigrants as kids... May 13 Heywood Feinstein 3
What is the DEAL With Verizon FIOS? When will t... (Apr '09) Apr '18 FED UP WITH COMCAST 29
Any Bisexual/Gay Teens Near South River NJ? (Nov '16) Apr '18 HELPING Hand 8
News Adorna-Quabeck Engagement (Sep '08) Apr '18 HELPING 3
Zarephath Christian Church (Sep '13) Mar '18 NWaff 44
Milltown WWI Doughboy Statue (Nov '17) Nov '17 Doughboy Searcher 2

Milltown Jobs

Personal Finance

Milltown Mortgages