First Prev
of 2
Next Last
brian

Garden City, MI

#1 Mar 19, 2014
So any ideas of what business es are going to occupy all of those units besides subliminal subs (which I'm excited for)??? Wish it would open already
I heard

Millstadt, IL

#2 Mar 19, 2014
Hooters is opening in one. A nail salon, a quick loans and a chop suey restaurant . As well as a pure pleasure mega center!
TIF

Columbia, IL

#3 Mar 21, 2014
So how much money is the person that owns the strip mall getting in TIF funds? Once again diverting taxes from schools to pay for "blighted" areas!
RebelYell

Belleville, IL

#4 Mar 21, 2014
TIF wrote:
So how much money is the person that owns the strip mall getting in TIF funds? Once again diverting taxes from schools to pay for "blighted" areas!
Don't blame the strip mall owner. That was a vacant lot that will can now house small business. Newly formed business means new tax payers.

You can't fault someone for applying and accepting programs the Govt. make available.
If you don't like TIFs. Get the law changed.

Before you go all whacko.... I'm with you. I personally disagree with TIFs. However there are many many more abusive uses of TIF's than in this case.
local

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Mar 21, 2014
The owner is Lee hardware store....nuff said
Don

Kansas City, MO

#6 Mar 26, 2014
I know that Pete's Pizza Pies is opening. My buddy is opening it. He says he thinks there is a place that sells gourmet bottle water going in too

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#7 Apr 11, 2014
I just got a confirmed Mariachis and some sort of sandwhich shop. Woo hoo!!
Cool

Millstadt, IL

#9 Apr 12, 2014
I have heard from multiple sources a pure pleasure megacenter is coming as well as a bi-state bus pick up in the parking lot.
Jim

Kansas City, MO

#10 Apr 12, 2014
Cool wrote:
I have heard from multiple sources a pure pleasure megacenter is coming as well as a bi-state bus pick up in the parking lot.
Too far fetched man. Come up with a more believable gimmick to rile up the locals
gamble

Waterloo, IL

#11 Apr 17, 2014
What is really bad about TIF's is that people like the Eckert family of Eckert's Orchard got TIF's for their new building. Lets face it to start a business in Millstadt is a gamble. Millstadt really doesn't have a lot of residents to support all of these stores. So TIF money would help this community. Now as far as Eckerts that was a crime they have so much money and investments else where that they did not need this money. Then to go and hire non American workers really defeated the purpose of the TIF money. Now you will say that Americans don't want to do that sort of work. Americans want to be paid a fair salary to do that sort of work. Why would Eckerts hire Americans when they can hire others for one quarter of an American salary. American will do this work if they are compensated fairly.
of what

Belleville, IL

#12 Apr 17, 2014
gamble wrote:
American will do this work if they are compensated fairly.
Yea, well it's all in ones definition of "Fair" now, isn't it. I've not heard one instance of anyone being forced to work there.
RebelYell

Belleville, IL

#13 Apr 17, 2014
Why would an American bust their AZZ working 40 when now they can sit home and collect around 30K/yr to do nothing. It's the Obama way.
Jackson

United States

#14 Apr 18, 2014
RebelYell wrote:
Why would an American bust their AZZ working 40 when now they can sit home and collect around 30K/yr to do nothing. It's the Obama way.
Well 30K/yr is nothing
DeadbeatzSuck

Belleville, IL

#15 Apr 18, 2014
Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well 30K/yr is nothing
Really?? 30K free money for doing NOTHING is nothing? I'm guessing you're one of the "Takers"? How many of you blood suckers do we have to supprot?
Jackson

United States

#16 Apr 18, 2014
DeadbeatzSuck wrote:
<quoted text>Really?? 30K free money for doing NOTHING is nothing? I'm guessing you're one of the "Takers"? How many of you blood suckers do we have to supprot?
Ha! I make about about $410,000 a year son.
Fred

Kansas City, MO

#17 Apr 18, 2014
About 410 ???? Your not sure?? Ummm yeah... I gotta go see how the elves are doing in my shop.
Joke!!
I know

Red Bud, IL

#18 Apr 24, 2014
Don wrote:
I know that Pete's Pizza Pies is opening. My buddy is opening it. He says he thinks there is a place that sells gourmet bottle water going in too
GOURMET BOTTLED WATER??!! I've got a bridge to sell you buddy!!!!
Ron

Kansas City, MO

#19 Apr 24, 2014
I know wrote:
<quoted text>GOURMET BOTTLED WATER??!! I've got a bridge to sell you buddy!!!!
Is it over gourmet bottled water? It's true. I also heard that store is going in next to the pizza joint
Well

Millstadt, IL

#20 Apr 27, 2014
I hear the sub sandwich place is out. Still heard Red Lobster and Pure Pleasure are coming as well as a park and ride for bi-state bus!
Where

Columbia, IL

#21 Apr 27, 2014
Where is this all happening?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Millstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1992-93. Looking for a long lost girlfriend 6 hr Millstadt69 5
Booga 6 hr Millstadt69 6
Free chair 11 hr Help 3
Who is he 11 hr LawAndOrder 7
Cross Dressing Coward Mamma Roll eats her 11 hr R Rollo 1
Crime 12 hr LawAndOrder 13
Cross Dressing Cowardly Cuu unt Mamma Roll and ... 13 hr R Rollo 1

Millstadt Jobs

Personal Finance

Millstadt Mortgages