Execution date set for man who killed...

Execution date set for man who killed a Millington woman and he...

There are 101 comments on the WREC-AM Memphis story from Sep 20, 2006, titled Execution date set for man who killed a Millington woman and he.... In it, WREC-AM Memphis reports that:

Pervis T. Payne was convicted in Shelby County of killing Charisse Christopher and her daughter, Lacie Jo, in what prosecutors described as a drug-induced frenzy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREC-AM Memphis.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
cile

Brandon, MS

#1 Sep 24, 2006
This is a inside Police setup there the evidence your transcrip is very shady and would never stand up in a real court. I don't know what court and attorney allowed to send this man to death row but it is crazy
Dana

Portsmouth, VA

#2 Sep 25, 2006
The man is guilty beyond a doubt. You must not have sat in court and listened to the evidence. I hope he spends eternity in hell for what he did to those precious victims.
Evil

Alexandria, VA

#3 Nov 17, 2006
I hope they skip the first drug in his 3 drug cocktail. This way he will be fully awake but unable to move while he slowly suffocates from the 2nd drug. He will only be able to scream in his simple mind while remaining fully aware of what is happening to him! Then, he will suffer intolerable PAIN when the 3rd drug hits and slowly stops what passes for his heart. Even this is not as bad as what he did to his victims.
Linda

New Orleans, LA

#4 Dec 15, 2006
What make you think Payne is guilty? It is confusing to me.
Linda

New Orleans, LA

#5 Dec 15, 2006
Ooo, for you to feel like you do, you are EVIL!
David

United States

#6 Dec 16, 2006
Well from what I have read about this case it was a very cruel and terrible death for the mother and daughter and ruining of anothers young life..Just imagine if he did those horrible things to your loved ones! They say he was out of his mind on drugs when he muredered these people. So you like drugs do you Mr.Payne Lets see how you like the next dose of drugs your gonna get brother on 4-11-2007.........
tab

Memphis, TN

#7 Dec 29, 2006
What was his motive? If she was raped, where is the DNA proof?
Allorio

Littleriver, CA

#8 Jan 3, 2007
Of course the guy is guilty. He was seen running from the house when the police got there, fingerprints and ball cap were all over the place, and his conviction has been upheld by every court with legal jurisdiction in this country. He killed a single mother and her two year old daugther and attempted to kill her three year old son,he almost did. That poor boy grew up without his mother or his sister and witnessed their deaths. This man does not however desreve to die by letal injection. He should be burned alive. I'm sick of these animals getting all the rights. What about the rights of Charisse and Laccie Christopher. They lost their rights.
Cousin of Pervis Payne

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Jan 16, 2007
My cousin, Pervis Payne, said he did not do this, and it was a set up. Yes, he admit he was on drugs, but he did not kill the family. The case was racially motivated. Pervis said he saw another black man passed him as he was walking toward the apartment door. We believe that was the killer. Pervis came in after the murder was complete, seeing her there in pain, he tried to remove the knife from the mother and that's how his fingerprints were found. Now, let's address the rape incident. There was NEVER a DNA TEST to match Pervis seimen with Charisse Christopher. Why was that NOT DONE? It was a set up. Pray for my cousin, our family and the Chistopher family. We need God to heal this situation and reveal the truth. Thank you.
Cousin of Pervis Payne

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Jan 16, 2007
Allorio wrote:
Of course the guy is guilty. He was seen running from the house when the police got there, fingerprints and ball cap were all over the place, and his conviction has been upheld by every court with legal jurisdiction in this country. He killed a single mother and her two year old daugther and attempted to kill her three year old son,he almost did. That poor boy grew up without his mother or his sister and witnessed their deaths. This man does not however desreve to die by letal injection. He should be burned alive. I'm sick of these animals getting all the rights. What about the rights of Charisse and Laccie Christopher. They lost their rights.
My cousin, Pervis Payne, said he did not do this, and it was a set up. Yes, he admit he was on drugs, but he did not kill the family. The case was racially motivated. Pervis said he saw another black man passed him as he was walking toward the apartment door. We believe that was the killer. Pervis came in after the murder was complete, seeing her there in pain, he tried to remove the knife from the mother and that's how his fingerprints were found. Now, let's address the rape incident. There was NEVER a DNA TEST to match Pervis seimen with Charisse Christopher. Why was that NOT DONE? It was a set up. Pray for my cousin, our family and the Chistopher family. We need God to heal this situation and reveal the truth. Thank you.
Execute him

Portsmouth, VA

#11 Jan 18, 2007
If he didn't do it, how did his hat get stuck on Lacie's arm???
The end is near

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Jan 18, 2007
I'm so tired of hearing "racially motivated". I guess he was a racist by killing people of a different race. Regardless, murder is murder. Read the court transcripts and see how he testified on his own behalf and fumbled around with his story. GUILTY
Cousin of Pervis Payne

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Jan 21, 2007
So you believe it was not racially motivated? I do. What about the Black man he saw in passing? Do all black men look alike? No they do not. We believe the police convicted the wrong person. Only God knows what really happened.

What about the DNA test? Why was that not done.

I agree, murder is murder, but execution is not the resolution to this case. Finding the real killer is.
The end is near

Virginia Beach, VA

#14 Jan 23, 2007
What about his fingerprints at the crime scene? What about his beer cans at the crime scene? What about his hat on Lacie's arm?

No, not all black men look alike but a man covered in blood and leaving evidence behind speaks the truth.

What kind of DNA test do you expect to be done? He had Charisse and Lacie's blood all over his body!! Should we do a DNA test to confirm his hat on Lacie's arm? You are grasping for anything to save the convicted! The real killer will pay the ultimate price on 4/11/07!!!
disgusted

United States

#15 Feb 2, 2007
wow I'm searching the internet for something else and ran across this.Okay cousin of Pervis Payne, everybody who knew Pervis Knew he was getting in deep long before this happened.When we we were all at Ellis jr. high he earned (by his own actions) the name Pervert Payne.Everyone knew it was a matter of time.You know he BRUTALLY killed Charisse and her daughter and what about that poor little boy he left behind.The evidence was so strong and what he did was so horrifying how many lawyer's turned him down no matter how much money was offered.What he has put his own family through is horrible.There was not a another man and none of my money should be wasted for his appeals.I don't condone the death penalty but I know if I go out and kill someone what the consequences are.He truly dont feel remorse or he'd shut up trying to play the victim.
Linda

New Orleans, LA

#16 Feb 11, 2007
Interesting comments. So, you all must think OJ killed his wife and Ron? Mill Spring, you speak as though you knew Payne or went to school with him or something? As for race, that is always a factor when you have a white woman and a black man. I strongly feel this is the case with Payne. As you read the transcript, this is where I am puzzled. If he in fact killed these people and attempted to kill the son, why was his clothes not drenched in blood? For a crime that severe, he should have then showered in blood. However, the transcript reads, he had a blood stain on this Knee (where he kneeled down to help the mother, a blood stain on his shirt (where she touched him begging him not to leave) and 2 drips of blood on this shoes. This is something that makes me go ummm? As for the drugs, he was never tested for drugs. At least you can not find evidence of that in the transcripts. To me a lot of unanswered questions. I watch forensic files and other criminal shows and there have been cases where the evidence points to the accuser and years down the road there is a big break in the case indicating the accusers innocence. If you read the transcript, there was never any DNA done on the clothing, hat or anything else. Southaven, MS, rape was a motive that the prosecution believed led to the killings. However, no DNA was ever done on that! So, to me that says the police dept did not thoroughly investigate this case. They saw him and said, there's our man! No matter what the evidence says, the truth will be revealed and all who think Payne is guilty will be amazed to find out he has been innocent from the start. Norfolk, VA, the hat was left there by the actual killer not Payne. As you read the transcript, Payne's story has never changed. This is rare for most cases that has gone on for many, many years. Most of the time the accuser gives up and says, I did it, but not Payne. He never said he was not there, but as he was on his way to his girlfriends apartment, saw a man jumping down the steps as he was walking up, heard crying, saw the door ajar and peeped in to see what was going (I hear Ms. Christopher lived a dangerous life in front of her children)on and saw the horrible crime that had been committed. He came to help her and her children not the hurt them. Many men on death row are not all guilty. If this case can reveal that, we need to look in to our system and ask, what is justice really? I think race is a big issue here.
The end is near

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 Feb 13, 2007
So now you are implying Charisse was an unfit mother? You know he's guilty, that's why you are shifting the blame to the victim. He was covered in blood and caught as he was leaving. I hope the bastard rots in hell!!

And yes, I believe OJ killed his wife. You need to wake up lady!!
The end is near

Moyock, NC

#18 Feb 13, 2007
Once again you are playing the race card. People like you are what makes our society the way it is today.
Linda

United States

#20 Feb 14, 2007
The end is near wrote:
So now you are implying Charisse was an unfit mother? You know he's guilty, that's why you are shifting the blame to the victim. He was covered in blood and caught as he was leaving. I hope the bastard rots in hell!!
And yes, I believe OJ killed his wife. You need to wake up lady!!
If Payne is a Christian, Hell is one place he will not spend eternity for he will be better off than you or me. Since you believe in Hell, you make sure your soul is right with Christ so you wont end up there!
Linda

United States

#21 Feb 14, 2007
The end is near wrote:
Once again you are playing the race card. People like you are what makes our society the way it is today.
People like me are the ones who keeps it real. Racism is very prevelant in our country. Look at the news and it will speak for itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Millington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panhandler Carlos Aug 19 Anon 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Lol 308
Marriage and boundaries (Mar '10) Aug 17 Traveler 17
News Last Word: Using the ACT, Murmuration and We Grow Aug 3 Bob 4
News Millington pharmacy employee charged with drug ... (Mar '06) Jul '16 Max 39
Memphis Motor Sports Park (Jul '12) Jun '16 shane swayze 4
Big Creek Drainage Canal? (Jan '13) May '16 justb 4

Millington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Millington Mortgages