10-Year-Old Shoots Mother | Ohio News...

10-Year-Old Shoots Mother | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 116 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jan 4, 2011, titled 10-Year-Old Shoots Mother | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A 10-year-old Ohio boy has been charged as a juvenile with murder in the fatal shooting of his mother.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Ray ray

Christchurch, New Zealand

#104 Jan 8, 2011
thats soo good im soo proud of him sheprobly deserved it lol
Russ

New Port Richey, FL

#105 Jan 10, 2011
As ye sow, so shall ye reap. Or, stupid is as stupid does
greenupcountian

Broken Arrow, OK

#106 Jan 10, 2011
why no one on here speaks of punishment of the adults who provided the child with the weapon?
Antagonist

Newark, OH

#107 Jan 10, 2011
greenupcountian wrote:
why no one on here speaks of punishment of the adults who provided the child with the weapon?
Because there is no law against it.
MoreBadNews

Columbus, OH

#108 Jan 10, 2011
greenupcountian wrote:
why no one on here speaks of punishment of the adults who provided the child with the weapon?
I think that most on here feel that the child was going to kill had his father given him that gun our not.

I am just thankful that he did what he did now, rather than take out an entire family later on down the line. I do hope his mother rests in peace though.
sensei

Groveport, OH

#109 Jan 10, 2011
Antagonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there is no law against it.
child endangerment
MoreBadNews

Columbus, OH

#110 Jan 10, 2011
sensei wrote:
<quoted text>
child endangerment
More like mother endangerment...I wonder if the father coaxed the boy as well...
sensei

Groveport, OH

#111 Jan 10, 2011
MoreBadNews wrote:
<quoted text>
More like mother endangerment...I wonder if the father coaxed the boy as well...
I just wonder how the boy did at school (socializing)...
Well, there will be no answer for that, because they won't report about it.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#112 Jan 10, 2011
sensei wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wonder how the boy did at school (socializing)...
Well, there will be no answer for that, because they won't report about it.
They did report on it.He tried to beat up the principal and his bus driver.The kid has real anger issues it seems.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#113 Jan 10, 2011
sensei wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wonder how the boy did at school (socializing)...
Well, there will be no answer for that, because they won't report about it.
I think it was reported that he was in a special school for students with emotional issues. Dad fought Mom tooth and nail to make sure the boy could keep those guns. The father should be held responsible too. He knew his son had problems.
greenupcountian

Broken Arrow, OK

#114 Jan 10, 2011
Yes the father of the child should be held responsible! Maybe the father is why the child is the way he is? What father hands over not only the weapon but the ammo as well to an emotionally distraught child?

Where is the outcry concerning that fact on this issue?

Ummm i wonder.....Today you hear a lot of strange things around this sad earth. They said the parents had just separated about two weeks before this tragedy. Has anyone considered that maybe the father coerced this child to perform such an act? Just a thought!
sensei

Groveport, OH

#115 Jan 10, 2011
Thanks for the update 'Catman' and 'Legally', it helped a little bit to answer my question.

Since: Nov 10

Not here!

#116 Jan 11, 2011
LegallyGray wrote:
<quoted text> I think it was reported that he was in a special school for students with emotional issues. Dad fought Mom tooth and nail to make sure the boy could keep those guns. The father should be held responsible too. He knew his son had problems.
That's very disturbing.

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#117 Jan 11, 2011
SooperFunky wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very disturbing.
I agree. He's already in a school that probably won't even allow him to have scissors, but his wacktard father gives -- GIVES!!-- him guns!! WITH AMMO!! And INSISTS he has them, even though the poor Mother didn't want him to have them. I won't be a bit surprised if we find out that the father was abusive towards the Mother.

Since: Nov 10

Not here!

#118 Jan 11, 2011
7th Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. He's already in a school that probably won't even allow him to have scissors, but his wacktard father gives -- GIVES!!-- him guns!! WITH AMMO!! And INSISTS he has them, even though the poor Mother didn't want him to have them. I won't be a bit surprised if we find out that the father was abusive towards the Mother.
You are very correct. I wonder if they'll even look into the father like that, as much as this boy killed ruthlessly, the father shares culpability. I believe anyone who provides weapons to mentally disturbed person, let alone a child, need to pay when tragedy strikes. It does sound like an all around cycle of abuse to me.
greenupcountian

Broken Arrow, OK

#119 Jan 11, 2011
7th Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. He's already in a school that probably won't even allow him to have scissors, but his wacktard father gives -- GIVES!!-- him guns!! WITH AMMO!! And INSISTS he has them, even though the poor Mother didn't want him to have them. I won't be a bit surprised if we find out that the father was abusive towards the Mother.
Finally, we have input as to what may have brought such a young mind to act in such a horrible way! Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Millersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fatherhood initiative Pool Paty August 12th, 2015 Jul 29 edd 1
News Millersburg, Ohio is backdrop to new movie May '15 Ex Holmes Countian 1
Does any one know Donnie or Monnie Johnson (Jul '10) May '15 Fern Johnson 2
looking 4 old friend May '15 joseph sidlow 4
Joe Gossett May '15 carl 2
Darrell Gossett May '15 toby 2
swimming spot around millersburg May '15 justaperson 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Millersburg Mortgages