10-Year-Old Shoots Mother | Ohio News...

10-Year-Old Shoots Mother | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 116 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jan 4, 2011, titled 10-Year-Old Shoots Mother | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A 10-year-old Ohio boy has been charged as a juvenile with murder in the fatal shooting of his mother.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
unknown

Delaware, OH

#1 Jan 4, 2011
this why parents if yhur goin to have a gun put it up and people shouldnt have guns they kill people. guns are horrbile man made weapons!!!!!!
caky

Australia

#2 Jan 4, 2011
Why are children allowed guns anyway? guns are for killing and this is what happened
gun

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jan 4, 2011
was the gun locked up? Did the mother take gun safty classes? well even if the gun was not in the house if he wanted to kill her a kitchen knife would do it. The point here is she is not dead beacuse of a gun.

Since: Sep 10

Cleveland, OH

#4 Jan 4, 2011
tragic story
unknown

Columbus, OH

#5 Jan 4, 2011
It doesn't matter how he got the gun,he would have used anything he if was going to do it! Whats important NOW is how the SYSTEM is going to punish him.If they slap him on the wrist because hes only 10,he'll be out in a few years killing someone else!!! Stuff like this is happening to often.
MoreBadNews

Columbus, OH

#6 Jan 4, 2011
My thoughts exactly, Gun. I think I'd rather my kid shoot me in the head and get it over with, rather than stab, choke or poison me.
sensei

Lancaster, OH

#7 Jan 4, 2011
gun wrote:
was the gun locked up? Did the mother take gun safty classes? well even if the gun was not in the house if he wanted to kill her a kitchen knife would do it. The point here is she is not dead beacuse of a gun.
OK, she is dead because a bullet coming from a gun penetrated and perforated her flesh.
sensei

Lancaster, OH

#8 Jan 4, 2011
MoreBadNews wrote:
My thoughts exactly, Gun. I think I'd rather my kid shoot me in the head and get it over with, rather than stab, choke or poison me.
Sounds like you have a death wish.
MoreBadNews

Columbus, OH

#9 Jan 4, 2011
Naw...I would just prefer to go by gunshot if I had to choose. Now and days we never know what is going to come our way. People can pretend like they have a perfect life and everything bad is preventable, but I am realistic.
kev

Columbus, OH

#10 Jan 4, 2011
nobody even knows the whole story and they want to judge. he may have been abused and defending himself! and no matter what you say/think our military/police/government will always have guns and therefor it is unsafe to ban them from the public!
ourright

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#11 Jan 4, 2011
kev wrote:
nobody even knows the whole story and they want to judge. he may have been abused and defending himself! and no matter what you say/think our military/police/government will always have guns and therefor it is unsafe to ban them from the public!
It's our constitutional right to have guns, we will never be banned from owning them.
i smell stupid people

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jan 4, 2011
From all accounts, it sure seems like the mother had it coming to her.
MoreBadNews

Columbus, OH

#13 Jan 4, 2011
Another story said he killed her over an argument they had about him needing to bring in some firewood. Evidently, he has behavioral issues, but nothing that led them to believe he would've done something such as this. Unless you are psychic, you'll never know what the next moment is going to bring.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#14 Jan 4, 2011
caky wrote:
Why are children allowed guns anyway? guns are for killing and this is what happened
You honestly think the gun used was the 10 year olds? Or... Was it his parents and got ahold it? Yeah, that sounds more likely.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#15 Jan 4, 2011
gun wrote:
was the gun locked up? Did the mother take gun safty classes? well even if the gun was not in the house if he wanted to kill her a kitchen knife would do it. The point here is she is not dead beacuse of a gun.
was the gun locked up?- Apparently, not. Or it was and not done securely enough.

Did the mother take gun safty classes?- Why is that relevant? She didn't shoot herself.

Now you're offering suggestions on how to kill without a gun, great.

The point is - she's dead; because she was shot... WITH A GUN!
MoreBadNews

Columbus, OH

#16 Jan 4, 2011
errrrduhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
You honestly think the gun used was the 10 year olds? Or... Was it his parents and got ahold it? Yeah, that sounds more likely.
It is not unheard of for a ten year old to have a gun. Guns are everywhere...one reason why I love my CCW permit, I legally carry my weapon.

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#17 Jan 4, 2011
ourright wrote:
<quoted text>It's our constitutional right to have guns, we will never be banned from owning them.
Ha. That's what YOU think. Can't you see our freedoms being stripped from us ALREADY?!?!
MoreBadNews

Columbus, OH

#18 Jan 4, 2011
errrrduhhh...I doubt that any suggestions have to be made to our common killers.
mike

Delaware, OH

#19 Jan 4, 2011
thats what hapens when kids see stuff in movies or hear about that stuff happening in the streets!!!!!!!!!!11

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#20 Jan 4, 2011
unknown wrote:
It doesn't matter how he got the gun,he would have used anything he if was going to do it! Whats important NOW is how the SYSTEM is going to punish him.If they slap him on the wrist because hes only 10,he'll be out in a few years killing someone else!!! Stuff like this is happening to often.
I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Millersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
eskimo spitz puppies (Jun '17) Nov 30 pet momma 2
Trump's Scorched Earth... (Oct '16) Nov 26 Deborah 2
News Ecstasy showing up in Holmes County (Sep '13) Nov 26 Deborah 2
News Amish Communities Deal With Meth Problem | Ohio... (Aug '11) Nov 26 Deborah 7
Puppy Mills (Oct '06) Sep '17 Nolegirl 28
English man wants a life change (Jan '17) Jan '17 Qwiktim 2
News Millersburg, Ohio is backdrop to new movie (May '15) May '15 Ex Holmes Countian 1

Millersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Millersburg Mortgages