The Columbus Dispatch

The Columbus Dispatch

There are 1 comment on the Columbus Dispatch story from Nov 14, 2010, titled The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Wood from this dismantled barn near Stoutsville will end up at Schlabach Woodworks in Millersburg for treating and milling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Barns reborn

Wooster, OH

#1 Nov 14, 2010
Forgive the duplicate post; I also posted this on Alan Miller's article before I saw this story...

Barns are being "repurposed" all over the country, including up here in northeast Ohio.

Mt. Hope Planing, in Mt. Hope, OH has started a separate division (MHP Flooring) that makes flooring, wainscoting and trim from new and reclaimed wood; the reclaimed wood being sourced almost exclusively from barns. Contact info is: 7621 Twp Rd 652 Millersburg, OH 44654 -(888) 549-2524

An extremely gifted artisan (Todd caldwell) began making furniture in Wayne County from reclaimed barn wood a year or so ago. Mr. Caldwell has since relocated to Tennessee, but his website is still up: www.barnwoodfurniturecreations.com . Todd's designs will blow you away, and must be seen in person to be appreciated.

The only drawback with reclaiming barn wood is, it has to be disassembled, transported, de-nailed, dried and re-sawn. All of this drives the cost up, sometimes significantly. But the end result is absolutely magnificent!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Millersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puppy Mills (Oct '06) Jan 13 Jshanebrook 29
Trump's Scorched Earth... (Oct '16) Dec '17 Gee 9 4
eskimo spitz puppies (Jun '17) Nov '17 pet momma 2
News Ecstasy showing up in Holmes County (Sep '13) Nov '17 Deborah 2
News Amish Communities Deal With Meth Problem | Ohio... (Aug '11) Nov '17 Deborah 7
English man wants a life change (Jan '17) Jan '17 Qwiktim 2
News Millersburg, Ohio is backdrop to new movie (May '15) May '15 Ex Holmes Countian 1

Millersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Millersburg Mortgages