Horseshoe crab sting

Jun 3, 2007 Full story: Newsday.com 73

Each spring during the high tides of the new and full moons, horseshoe crabs line local shores to spawn. via Newsday.com

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Andrew Lundstrom

New York, NY

#62 Jul 27, 2013
well yea all that is true but to be fair this forum is titled horseshoe crab sting so while those things you did say are true and valid, those topics do that fit into this specific discuss so they would come up lol. but yes ppl are more interested In THE ROYAL baby and the kardasians(idk nor care how to spell there name) the and stars doing good stupid shit and make headlines in news but soldiers who die protecting those idiots freedom or soldiers who are awarded medals of distinguish don't even make it in the top 5 pages of the news. people don't have morals any more
I give up

Lincolnton, NC

#63 Jul 27, 2013
Andrew Lundstrom wrote:
well yea all that is true but to be fair this forum is titled horseshoe crab sting so while those things you did say are true and valid, those topics do that fit into this specific discuss so they would come up lol. but yes ppl are more interested In THE ROYAL baby and the kardasians(idk nor care how to spell there name) the and stars doing good stupid shit and make headlines in news but soldiers who die protecting those idiots freedom or soldiers who are awarded medals of distinguish don't even make it in the top 5 pages of the news. people don't have morals any more
you are correct, but frustration comes out when there is all this banter over a crab.
Andrew Lundstrom

Danielson, CT

#64 Jul 29, 2013
Lol I saw all the stupidity coming from the forum and had to give some insight. but really when any organisms population is being threatened they should be helped recover if possible an especially with how important they are to our medical field
Smokin Joe

Hicksville, NY

#65 Jul 29, 2013
jessica cotton wrote:
how bad are horseshoe crab stings???
Not as bad as the crabs in your shorts.
Abby

Hershey, PA

#66 Aug 21, 2013
So I was at the beach an something kept hitting my leg. I felt around in the water and the waters green so you cant really see. So I tried to pick it up and when I did it was a horseshoe crap. I picked it up by the tail by mistake. But I don't really now anything about them and I was wondering if they had like toxins in it that would make my face swell??
Dr Ray

Lindenhurst, NY

#67 Aug 22, 2013
Abby wrote:
So I was at the beach an something kept hitting my leg. I felt around in the water and the waters green so you cant really see. So I tried to pick it up and when I did it was a horseshoe crap. I picked it up by the tail by mistake. But I don't really now anything about them and I was wondering if they had like toxins in it that would make my face swell??
Takes 24-48 hours for a reaction.
Jimmy

Spring Lake, NC

#69 Jun 16, 2014
Actually they can hurt u i step on one yesterday and i have a hole in my heel so yes they can
hoodo

Shirley, NY

#70 Jun 17, 2014
Well jimmy you must have some mighty mean & ornery horseshoe crabs down south. Or some good moon shine and you stepped on a piece of glass. Jimbo, next time you go to town.And you get a chance see if you can steal your self a pair of shoes.We all have um up north it's the latest thing. I think Jimmy is full of whale crap.
Operadog108

United States

#71 Jul 13, 2014
You Are a tard wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you somthing you are retarded and you have never seen anybody step on one. That pointy spine is for feeling around its not sharp to a point and will break before it puntures skin. And before you argue I am a marine biology major. I have picked horshoe craps and put them live on my head like a helmet as a joke. They pose absolutly no threat to humans except to maybe startke you girlfreind. There are plenty bigger things to worry about in the water.
my cousin got cut by something in the water do u know what it was she said it was sharp I thought a horseshoe crabs tail going past her
bub

Charlotte, NC

#72 Sep 6, 2014
Tiffany Lynn wrote:
My boyfriend is fishing in the flats by Port Charlotte, FL. Toward the Gulf side and when I just called him, he said he steeped on a horse shoe crab and his foot is burning really bad. He does not care and is staying to fish the rest of the day. I am trying to figure out if this is serious or not.
Any punture wound could be serious if not cared for. Unlike a laceration a puncture normally does not bleed very much to wash out the bacteria.
hoodo

Shirley, NY

#73 Sep 9, 2014
Hey bub did you suffer a puncture wound in the head,No wonder you net wits lost the war none of you in the south got a lick of smarts.Oh don't step on a Rattle snake it might bite you dumb ass.Do you have schools down there?
Maniac

San Anselmo, CA

#74 Friday Oct 10
Ed Burke wrote:
You clowns have been defecating and polluting the water the poor Horseshoe crab has to live in for decades. If he can sting a few of you, it's little enough payback for your decades of human filth. At least when you eat the local seafood you get some of the fecal matter back that you dropped on him.
What are you a dung beetle or something? You talk about 'Humans' as if you're a different species...what a douchebag misanthrope...LOL

Since: Sep 14

Location hidden

#75 Friday Oct 10
thanks!
---
Signature:
Play flash games friv4school online: http://friv4schoolonline.net

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miller Place Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 118,653
Public School 74 (Feb '14) Oct 16 Jayar 3
Road project at intersection of routes 112 and ... Oct 14 Superman 2
Selden man hit by car in lake ronkonkama Oct 10 Sad heart08 1
Straub's Market 1941 (Nov '11) Oct 10 Willy Straub 4
Les Jardins, Coram NY (Feb '10) Oct 9 Coram Sux 10
Police raid Napper Tandy's pub in Miller Place (Jun '07) Jul '14 sals little sister 129

Miller Place News Video

Miller Place Dating
Find my Match

Miller Place Jobs

Miller Place People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Miller Place News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Miller Place

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]