Town OKs rezoning for Farmingville center

Dec 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday

Brookhaven Town officials have approved the rezoning application for a proposed 110,000-square-foot commercial center in Farmingville, despite what officials described as unexpected opposition from residents.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Farming Villager

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

Councilwoman Connie Kepert, who represents the community and voted for the measure, said during the meeting that she was surprised by the opposition because she had canvassed the community. Well there is no fool like an old fool.
Farming Villager

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

If you let them continue and don't stand up for your community they will destroy your beautiful town.
ExLIer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

It's already destroyed. Suffolk has become just like Nassau- an over-crowded sea of parking lots and houses that make you feel more like you're living in Queens than in suburbia.

With the taxes youse pay to liv in that stye, the streets should be paved with gold. Instead, they're littered with crap and traffic, and the pols get rich on your money while using it to destroy your quality of life.

Yes...just what LI needs...ass half the strip-malls, stores, factories and warehouses sit empty.

I remember Farmingville, when Horseblock was still a 2-lane road, when I was a kid. It was quiet and beautiful- a nice town nestled in woods and hills. Now, it's just another non-discript place in which to house the labor force.

WEhat a crime, what they've done to that whole island- which was once such a beautiful and unique place.

I left 12 yars ago. Never been back since. Let the waves of immigrants from Brooklyn have it....nothing there for 1st-world people anymore.
Albert

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Fight to protect Farmingville!!!
4 votes

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Democrat Connie Kepert returned to her Brookhaven Town Council office Friday after Suffolk election officials said she won the seat by four votes following more than two months of recounts and court challenges.
4 votes

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

Get yourself elected to local office and work your way up and don't sell out along the way. Study how elections work. Learn to play your cards like a poker player: don't blurt out what you want to say, say what you need to say. It's a game. Play and level up, but keep your principles along the way. Bring friends and like-minded people with you as you rise. The pay is good, but don't get greedy. Pick an office you want to go for and study the people who got elected to it before. Study their election strategy. In most elected positions in America you will soon see the people who got elected were no better than you, no smarter. Pick an office and go for it. Get smart friends to help you. Realize that it is a long haul. That first little election to hodunck city council or school board is just the first of many, many steps. Be patient. Serve the people, solidify friendships and move ever up the ladder.

Realize any attempt to topple or upset the government will be met with violence, but any attempt to become the government will be met with many supporters and an opponent who uses the same tools as you do and is therefore a fair fight.

Pick an office and go for it. If you are willing to lay down your life, you can lay down all your spare time to get elected. But also realize, this is a long-term proposition. It's a life-long journey. Start small, build up.

If and when you get to higher office, you will need to learn how to bullshit, lie and placate the moneyed-interests and make them either happy to support you or afraid to not support you, all the while trying to serve the interests of the people and move the ball a few feet forward for the average person. Like any game, you will learn while you play, so don't worry about these things so much now.

You understand the problem, working 12 hours a day not getting ahead. Use that knowledge and pain to get supporters. But don't set yourself up as anti-business. Your job is to bring the unemployed and underemployed and the employers together at the negotiating table to work toward solutions. Don't promise jobs you can't deliver, get the employers to promise things they can deliver: training, internships, etc.

Most of what I've said is years away from now. The point is just get started. If you need help I will help.
4 votes

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

Start by joining the Green Party and run for office, it is your best choice to get elected.

http://www.gp.org/index.php/10-key-values.htm...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Miller Place News Video

•••
•••

Miller Place Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Miller Place People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••