Blaming Israel for carnage

Blaming Israel for carnage

There are 121874 comments on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Jul 22, 2006, titled Blaming Israel for carnage. In it, Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that:

Most media outlets aren't providing news of Israel's barbaric air raids on Lebanon with fairness and integrity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#116086 Feb 10, 2014
Israel haters wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if they agree with me or not, It is whether they are talking Bull.
You called it Jewish propaganda not Israeli propaganda so your clearly by your own words have a problem with Jews and not just Israel.
If you could distinguish between facts and fiction you would not have made the claim that Arabs can't buy land, join in the army etc.
Nope wrong again. I take the word of Israeli historians such as Shlomo Sand who teaches in Tel Aviv in Israel along with other Israeli historians and rabbis who also agree that Israel is a stain on the Jewish people. Yet it is the Zionists themselves who play the historic right of Jews to the land and you are now saying that most Jewish are secular. Why would Jesw disagree amongst each other re the existence of Israel?

More to the point is you talking bull. Why is it that in Israel Jewish couples can only be married by a rabbi if most Jews as you claim are secular. Why do they need a rabbi?

Israeli bureaucrat decides who can marry in the Jewish state.

JERUSALEM (JTA)— To be married in Israel, immigrants must prove their Jewish ancestry to the country’s Chief Rabbinate.

Couples can solicit a letter from their hometown rabbis or present their parents’ Jewish marriage contracts. Sometimes they even bring a Yiddish-speaking grandmother before a rabbinical court.
In the end, every claim has to pass through one man: a midlevel bureaucrat named Itamar Tubul.

35-year-old Itamar Tubul must review every claim of Jewish ancestry, a post that’s placed him at the center of a brewing religious crisis

JERUSALEM (JTA)— To be married in Israel, immigrants must prove their Jewish ancestry to the country’s Chief Rabbinate. 2014
Couples can solicit a letter from their hometown rabbis or present their parents’ Jewish marriage contracts. Sometimes they even bring a Yiddish-speaking grandmother before a rabbinical court.
In the end, every claim has to pass through one man: a midlevel bureaucrat named Itamar Tubul.

You seem to want it both ways. LOL

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-bureaucr...
danetoo

London, UK

#116087 Feb 10, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>Nope wrong again. I take the word of Israeli historians such as Shlomo Sand who teaches in Tel Aviv in Israel along with other Israeli historians and rabbis who also agree that Israel is a stain on the Jewish people. Yet it is the Zionists themselves who play the historic right of Jews to the land and you are now saying that most Jewish are secular. Why would Jesw disagree amongst each other re the existence of Israel?

More to the point is you talking bull. Why is it that in Israel Jewish couples can only be married by a rabbi if most Jews as you claim are secular. Why do they need a rabbi?

Israeli bureaucrat decides who can marry in the Jewish state.

JERUSALEM (JTA)— To be married in Israel, immigrants must prove their Jewish ancestry to the country’s Chief Rabbinate.

Couples can solicit a letter from their hometown rabbis or present their parents’ Jewish marriage contracts. Sometimes they even bring a Yiddish-speaking grandmother before a rabbinical court.
In the end, every claim has to pass through one man: a midlevel bureaucrat named Itamar Tubul.

35-year-old Itamar Tubul must review every claim of Jewish ancestry, a post that’s placed him at the center of a brewing religious crisis

JERUSALEM (JTA)— To be married in Israel, immigrants must prove their Jewish ancestry to the country’s Chief Rabbinate. 2014
Couples can solicit a letter from their hometown rabbis or present their parents’ Jewish marriage contracts. Sometimes they even bring a Yiddish-speaking grandmother before a rabbinical court.
In the end, every claim has to pass through one man: a midlevel bureaucrat named Itamar Tubul.

You seem to want it both ways. LOL

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-bureaucr...
Why would Jews disagree with each other ???

That is sooo funny - obviously completely unintentionally as you don't have that all important sense of humour - except when you laugh at others' misfortunes

Jews always disagree with each other - it's almost part of the religion - they are not "automatons" like Muslims ... You take 2 Jews - and you get 3 opinions ... And discussions and debate are a way of life

And I was married to my late husband in Israel - a non religious wedding as I'm not Jewish - you don't know anything
-
danetoo

London, UK

#116088 Feb 10, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>Nope wrong again. I take the word of Israeli historians such as Shlomo Sand who teaches in Tel Aviv in Israel along with other Israeli historians and rabbis who also agree that Israel is a stain on the Jewish people. Yet it is the Zionists themselves who play the historic right of Jews to the land and you are now saying that most Jewish are secular. Why would Jesw disagree amongst each other re the existence of Israel?

More to the point is you talking bull. Why is it that in Israel Jewish couples can only be married by a rabbi if most Jews as you claim are secular. Why do they need a rabbi?

Israeli bureaucrat decides who can marry in the Jewish state.

JERUSALEM (JTA)— To be married in Israel, immigrants must prove their Jewish ancestry to the country’s Chief Rabbinate.

Couples can solicit a letter from their hometown rabbis or present their parents’ Jewish marriage contracts. Sometimes they even bring a Yiddish-speaking grandmother before a rabbinical court.
In the end, every claim has to pass through one man: a midlevel bureaucrat named Itamar Tubul.

35-year-old Itamar Tubul must review every claim of Jewish ancestry, a post that’s placed him at the center of a brewing religious crisis

JERUSALEM (JTA)— To be married in Israel, immigrants must prove their Jewish ancestry to the country’s Chief Rabbinate. 2014
Couples can solicit a letter from their hometown rabbis or present their parents’ Jewish marriage contracts. Sometimes they even bring a Yiddish-speaking grandmother before a rabbinical court.
In the end, every claim has to pass through one man: a midlevel bureaucrat named Itamar Tubul.

You seem to want it both ways. LOL

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-bureaucr...
Shlomo sand believes Israel is a stain on Jews - and you say he teaches at tel aviv university which means he presumably lives in Israel .... Among stained Jews ...

How does that work??

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#116089 Feb 10, 2014
Israel haters wrote:
<quoted text>
yes the British had no right to give it away to immigrating Arabs as they did, as the Mandate clearly states settlement of Jews on public and unused land which was the majority of the land at the time.
I believe the court in Israel has too much power and is clearly on the extreme left in most of its political judgements. Yes there is are problems between the Gov and Courts.
While the JNF used to only sell land to Jews this has changed in the past decade, asthe land was purchased using money donated by Jews this is a problem. I never denied some discrimination but it works both ways. Any Jews moving to Arab areas is usually attacked until they leave. Arabs move into Jewish areas and harass the women, attack the men. A prime example is next to Hebrew University in Jerusalem. Jews can't visit and pray at their holiest site because of Muslim sensibilities. Jews are regularly attacked in various parts of the country with no protection from the police.
It is sad when Arabs can enter Jewish areas without fearing for their life, while Jews can't enter Arab areas in case they never leave.
The courts are put there for a reason and now you are trying to make more excuses by saying they have too much power. Rather they have the power than the idiots underneath them who haven't a clue

Britain and America had no right to give away any of the land end of story. Palestine was a class Class A mandate, and all that the Balfour Declaration RECOMMENDED WAS A HOME NOT A STATE, for the Jews. The word STATE WAS SPECIFICALLY NOT INCLUDED IN THE TERMINOLOGY. The Jews of eastern Europe who couldn't even speak Hebrew when they arrived in Palestine had no claim to the land. Yhe Zionists were the ones who put the historical claim spin on the matter. You have stated that their was not Palestine which is also incorrect. Why are its people and the land documented in so many works including the writings of Josephus

Herodotus wrote of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" in The Histories, the first historical work clearly defining the region, which included the Judean mountains and the Jordan Rift Valley. Approximately a century later, Aristotle used a similar definition in Meteorology, writing "Again if, as is fabled, there is a lake in Palestine, such that if you bind a man or beast and throw it in it floats and does not sink, this would bear out what we have said. They say that this lake is so bitter and salt that no fish live in it and that if you soak clothes in it and shake them it cleans them," understood by scholars to be a reference to the Dead Sea. Later writers such as Polemon and Pausanias also used the term to refer to the same region. This same usage was followed by Roman writers such as Ovid, Tibullus, Pomponius Mela, Pliny the Elder, Dio Chrysostom, Statius, Plutarch as well as Roman Judean writers Philo of Alexandria and Josephus.

You saying that the land of Palestine never existed is a lot of hog wash
George

Red Deer, Canada

#116090 Feb 10, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope wrong again. I take the word of Israeli historians such as Shlomo Sand who teaches in Tel Aviv in Israel along with other Israeli historians and rabbis who also agree that Israel is a stain on the Jewish people. Yet it is the Zionists themselves who play the historic right of Jews to the land and you are now saying that most Jewish are secular. Why would Jesw disagree amongst each other re the existence of Israel?
More to the point is you talking bull. Why is it that in Israel Jewish couples can only be married by a rabbi if most Jews as you claim are secular. Why do they need a rabbi?
Israeli bureaucrat decides who can marry in the Jewish state.
JERUSALEM (JTA)— To be married in Israel, immigrants must prove their Jewish ancestry to the country’s Chief Rabbinate.
Couples can solicit a letter from their hometown rabbis or present their parents’ Jewish marriage contracts. Sometimes they even bring a Yiddish-speaking grandmother before a rabbinical court.
In the end, every claim has to pass through one man: a midlevel bureaucrat named Itamar Tubul.
35-year-old Itamar Tubul must review every claim of Jewish ancestry, a post that’s placed him at the center of a brewing religious crisis
JERUSALEM (JTA)— To be married in Israel, immigrants must prove their Jewish ancestry to the country’s Chief Rabbinate. 2014
Couples can solicit a letter from their hometown rabbis or present their parents’ Jewish marriage contracts. Sometimes they even bring a Yiddish-speaking grandmother before a rabbinical court.
In the end, every claim has to pass through one man: a midlevel bureaucrat named Itamar Tubul.
You seem to want it both ways. LOL
http://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-bureaucr...
Most countries must appove a marriage in their country, that is part of the license process and as in Cuba it is not recognized in most countries so couples must reregister when they get home. You article you referred to left out a minor point and that is if you want to get married into the "Jewish faith" not just Israel you must prove Jewism and Catholic is the same and if you are not you must earn entry, this is not a big deal and proves sincerity to the faith which I respect. For example Arabs living in Israel or Christians do not apply to the 35year old gentleman.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#116091 Feb 10, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Jews disagree with each other ???
That is sooo funny - obviously completely unintentionally as you don't have that all important sense of humour - except when you laugh at others' misfortunes
Jews always disagree with each other - it's almost part of the religion - they are not "automatons" like Muslims ... You take 2 Jews - and you get 3 opinions ... And discussions and debate are a way of life
And I was married to my late husband in Israel - a non religious wedding as I'm not Jewish - you don't know anything
-

You didn't get it Danetoo did you, you big dummy? I posted on Jewish couples of which you were not one. Read the post before you open that big mouth of yours.It was dealing with two JEWISH PEOPLE not one Jewish and one non Jewish. They wouldn't have give a frig about you.It's always about you you and you!!!!!!

It was a figure of speech concerning very important issues that Jewish brought up as Jews disagree with concerning the Jewish state of Israel and its racism and segregation even in the schools

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#116092 Feb 10, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Most countries must appove a marriage in their country, that is part of the license process and as in Cuba it is not recognized in most countries so couples must reregister when they get home. You article you referred to left out a minor point and that is if you want to get married into the "Jewish faith" not just Israel you must prove Jewism and Catholic is the same and if you are not you must earn entry, this is not a big deal and proves sincerity to the faith which I respect. For example Arabs living in Israel or Christians do not apply to the 35year old gentleman.
Yes George but it doesn't HAVE TO BE A RELIGIOUS PERSON in other countries. I'm not disputing any of that so what is your point? There is the option to marry in a church or in a secular service. The point that was being made was that in Israel even a secular Jew who marries another secular Jew has to be married by a rabbie\!!!!!!!!! The person was stating that most Jews were secular!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#116093 Feb 10, 2014
have to go dinner is calling
danetoo

London, UK

#116094 Feb 10, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>Most countries must appove a marriage in their country, that is part of the license process and as in Cuba it is not recognized in most countries so couples must reregister when they get home. You article you referred to left out a minor point and that is if you want to get married into the "Jewish faith" not just Israel you must prove Jewism and Catholic is the same and if you are not you must earn entry, this is not a big deal and proves sincerity to the faith which I respect. For example Arabs living in Israel or Christians do not apply to the 35year old gentleman.
I don't know what the requirements are to become a catholic or a Christian - but takes years of hard work, total change of lifestyle and hard studying to become a Jew - it has to be a real commitment - a Danish friend of mine married in Israel (also) and then subsequently wanted to become a Jew

There are marriages held and accepted in Israel under any faith ... Of course

But if I'd wanted a Jewish wedding in Israel at the time I was married to my late husband - religious - I could not have that as I'm not Jewish - which seems fair to me - so we had a priest marry us - lol - he didn't mind my husband being Jewish - and my husband didn't care as he was not religious anyway ... But was great!!!

A
danetoo

London, UK

#116095 Feb 11, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
have to go dinner is calling
So your partner is doing the home chores while you're "working" on
Topix - you're always saying that "got to go lunch is ready" "dinner is calling" ...

Does he think you have a full time job on the computer somehow - I know my man would be terribly upset with me - and was on a couple occasions - if I were to spend this much time on the computer in his presence ... It's like - what's going ON on that screen that's more important than what we do together -- and he's absolutely right - and I'm rarely here when he's around now - except when he's working himself

But you being retired now and travelling together - I'm just surprised how much time you have to spend here and do "research" and read books - only interrupted by meal times - presumably shopping - and sleeping ...
danetoo

London, UK

#116096 Feb 11, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't get it Danetoo did you, you big dummy? I posted on Jewish couples of which you were not one. Read the post before you open that big mouth of yours.It was dealing with two JEWISH PEOPLE not one Jewish and one non Jewish. They wouldn't have give a frig about you.It's always about you you and you!!!!!!

It was a figure of speech concerning very important issues that Jewish brought up as Jews disagree with concerning the Jewish state of Israel and its racism and segregation even in the schools
It was not clear - you used a very general term that "if you were to get married in Israel"
danetoo

London, UK

#116097 Feb 11, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>Yes George but it doesn't HAVE TO BE A RELIGIOUS PERSON in other countries. I'm not disputing any of that so what is your point? There is the option to marry in a church or in a secular service. The point that was being made was that in Israel even a secular Jew who marries another secular Jew has to be married by a rabbie\!!!!!!!!! The person was stating that most Jews were secular!!!!!!!!!!
Shouting - multiple exclamation marks

Hope you don't get heartburn with all this emotion before dinner
ocxz

Reunion

#116098 Feb 11, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
The courts are put there for a reason and now you are trying to make more excuses by saying they have too much power. Rather they have the power than the idiots underneath them who haven't a clue
Britain and America had no right to give away any of the land end of story. Palestine was a class Class A mandate, and all that the Balfour Declaration RECOMMENDED WAS A HOME NOT A STATE, for the Jews. The word STATE WAS SPECIFICALLY NOT INCLUDED IN THE TERMINOLOGY. The Jews of eastern Europe who couldn't even speak Hebrew when they arrived in Palestine had no claim to the land. Yhe Zionists were the ones who put the historical claim spin on the matter. You have stated that their was not Palestine which is also incorrect. Why are its people and the land documented in so many works including the writings of Josephus
Herodotus wrote of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" in The Histories, the first historical work clearly defining the region, which included the Judean mountains and the Jordan Rift Valley. Approximately a century later, Aristotle used a similar definition in Meteorology, writing "Again if, as is fabled, there is a lake in Palestine, such that if you bind a man or beast and throw it in it floats and does not sink, this would bear out what we have said. They say that this lake is so bitter and salt that no fish live in it and that if you soak clothes in it and shake them it cleans them," understood by scholars to be a reference to the Dead Sea. Later writers such as Polemon and Pausanias also used the term to refer to the same region. This same usage was followed by Roman writers such as Ovid, Tibullus, Pomponius Mela, Pliny the Elder, Dio Chrysostom, Statius, Plutarch as well as Roman Judean writers Philo of Alexandria and Josephus.
You saying that the land of Palestine never existed is a lot of hog wash
beautiful
keep them coming
ocxz

Reunion

#116099 Feb 11, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what the requirements are to become a catholic or a Christian - but takes years of hard work, total change of lifestyle and hard studying to become a Jew - it has to be a real commitment - a Danish friend of mine married in Israel (also) and then subsequently wanted to become a Jew
There are marriages held and accepted in Israel under any faith ... Of course
But if I'd wanted a Jewish wedding in Israel at the time I was married to my late husband - religious - I could not have that as I'm not Jewish - which seems fair to me - so we had a priest marry us - lol - he didn't mind my husband being Jewish - and my husband didn't care as he was not religious anyway ... But was great!!!
A
who cares, hasbarat, you espoused the zionist cause and that's all there is to know about you.
as long as people are aware of that, they ignore the drivel you spam us with , as they know you as a hasbarat are here to disrupt the conversation, in this case your pathetic marital status which no one gives a hoot about.
back to topic and Blame that zionist oppressor murderer and genocidal state you have so much admiration for.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#116100 Feb 11, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
So your partner is doing the home chores while you're "working" on
Topix - you're always saying that "got to go lunch is ready" "dinner is calling" ...
Does he think you have a full time job on the computer somehow - I know my man would be terribly upset with me - and was on a couple occasions - if I were to spend this much time on the computer in his presence ... It's like - what's going ON on that screen that's more important than what we do together -- and he's absolutely right - and I'm rarely here when he's around now - except when he's working himself
But you being retired now and travelling together - I'm just surprised how much time you have to spend here and do "research" and read books - only interrupted by meal times - presumably shopping - and sleeping ...
No dummy I made the zucchini fritters and the salad earlier, all Victor was doing was cooking the fritters. I'm not old enough to retire unlike you who I believe is 68. BTW I also made homemade blueberry muffins for dessert. Jelous much?? LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#116101 Feb 11, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouting - multiple exclamation marks
Hope you don't get heartburn with all this emotion before dinner
I have to because you never get it the first time around. What emotion? I don't get emotional posting to dummies like you.LMAO

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#116102 Feb 11, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not clear - you used a very general term that "if you were to get married in Israel"
Oh it was clear alright you are just stupid and can't read

My post stated ...."More to the point is you talking bull. Why is it that in Israeli Jewish couples can only be married by a rabbi if most Jews as you claim are secular. Why do they need a rabbi?"
See what I mean dummy????

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#116103 Feb 11, 2014
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
beautiful
keep them coming
Thank you Ocxy I appreciate your posts as well

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#116104 Feb 11, 2014
* Ocxz

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#116105 Feb 11, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Shlomo sand believes Israel is a stain on Jews - and you say he teaches at tel aviv university which means he presumably lives in Israel .... Among stained Jews ...
How does that work??

He is a Jew, he is an Israeli and he does work in Israel sl what is your problem? He is trying to educate the Jews in Israel re Israel. Something that you just can't seem to get your head around

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miller Place Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) 1 hr Watchman 209
News 3rd suspect in murder of 2 men found dismembered (Aug '08) 18 hr Dindu Nuffin 181
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) 21 hr 11951Ratdog 86
GD Designs Rochdale 22 hr pantaskan20 1
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) Tue boycott 23
SCCC Destruction of Nature (Dec '12) Aug 20 Rick the custodian 17
upton days 2016 Aug 14 Resident 5

Miller Place Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Miller Place Mortgages