Sound Beach Bluffs
Inquirer

Stony Brook, NY

#1 Jun 8, 2014
Does anyone know (with legal certainty) who is the actual owner of the Sound Beach bluffs? If you give an answer, please provide an explanation as to how you know that answer and how it may be positively verified. A friend indicated that the Sound Beach Property Owners Association is apparently resorting to door to door threats of removing homeowners stairs from the bluffs to prevent beach access (which was previously granted by legal easement) if owners do not maintain their beach membership. Also, does anyone know the process, legal justification by which the owner would be able to reverse the easement? Also, if the stairs are dismantled by a third party, would the third party be responsible for fair compensation of the homeowner, ie. approx $90k? Thank you very much. I would suspect if you are responding, you are a real estate lawyer....
anonymous

Eastport, NY

#2 Jun 8, 2014
They sound like a bunch of thugs. That will bring property values down when that word gets out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miller Place Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Town of Islip OKs bonds for animal shelter, air... 18 hr USS LIBERTY 4
SUNY-EMPIRE College Road Tue SmokinJoe 1
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Oct 14 SmokinJoe 12
SCCC Natures Garden (Dec '12) Oct 12 SmokinJoe 9
Marie Oct 12 Don 1
News Conflict holds up tax breaks for $5M Bay Shore ... Oct 10 rehab land 1
News Phil Boyle drops out of Suffolk sheriff's race Oct 10 cesspool 1

Miller Place Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance