State Executes John Hightower

State Executes John Hightower

There are 39 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Jun 26, 2007, titled State Executes John Hightower. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

A man convicted of killing his wife and two stepdaughters 20 years ago in Milledgeville was executed on Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rocketman123

Albany, OR

#24 Jun 27, 2007
he killed a laywer ? he should have been set free
Mike

Nashville, TN

#25 Jun 27, 2007
This man deserved to die, killing 3 others like an animal. What if it were your family. Even if it only deters a small portion of potential killers out there, it works.
Alexsmom wrote:
How can anyone support the most pre-meditated murder, the Death Penalty. What is it supposed to teach?? That murder is intolerable?? Yes murder under ANY circumstances is intolerable!! How sad that in this day in age we still have a death penalty. It only makes us all murderers!
Roy_Hauer

United States

#26 Jun 27, 2007
Makes my heart pitter patter to hear states are executing the scum bag that desire to cut short others lives. This dude was clearly scum.
Tristan_Saint_Jo hn

United States

#27 Jun 27, 2007
Payback is hell, huh?:-)
Now we need to drag the balance of deathrow inhabitants out and have free cocktails for all.....

Too bad american ways are not like Iraqi ways......within 30 days of sentencing the sentence is carried out. No telling how much $$$$$ this scum bag hightower used up to defend his sorry backside......and others in need go unaided.Hope he rots and burns in hell, along with his supporters.
Trucker

Dahlonega, GA

#28 Jun 27, 2007
I hope the Capital Punishment law in Georgia is NEVER overturned. I just wish they would just use it more often. "LONG LIVE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT"
chealsea freeman

Mableton, GA

#30 Jun 27, 2007
I dont think that was nessary because he already served his time in jail for his awful mistake and i also think people can change in jail so that was very evil but I think that he should have served 2 life sentences instead of the death penalty at least he could have woked up every morning and rememered what a evil thing he had done.
Mentonegrl

Lucerne Valley, CA

#31 Jun 27, 2007
Wish California would start up again! Justice has been served - who's next in line?
KAREN

Columbia, MD

#32 Jun 27, 2007
WELL HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED THE ONLY THING IS THAT IT SHOULD HAVE COME SOONER THE STATE OF GEORGIA SHOULD NOT WAIT FOR 20/30/ OR EVEN 40 YEARS OR MORE TO EXECUTE THESE PEOPLE THAT COMMIT THESE CRIMES THIS IS ONLY COSTING THE TAX PAYERS BILLIONS OF DOLLARS THAT COULD BE USED IN OTHERS WAYS SUCH AS FIXING ROADS & TAKING CARE OF THE CHILDERS & ELDERLY
SANDRA

Valley, AL

#33 Jun 27, 2007
MR. HIGHTOWER HAS A JUDGE, THAT IS MUCH HIGHER THEN ANY OF US. WILL NEVER KNOW. WE AS A WHOLE ARE NOT THIS MAN JUDGE, HE WILL GIVE IN ACCOUNT FOR HIS WRONG DOING. THIS WILL NOT BRING HIS LOVE ONE BACK TO THEIR FAMILIES. "THOU SHALL NOT KILL". IS IS NOT LIKE MR. HIGHTOWER DID NOT KNOW THIS, SO HE KNOW WHAT IS TO BE EXPECTED IF HE DID NOT MAKE PEACE WITH GOD. IT IS SAD TO KNOW THAT WE ARE BORN TO DIE, BUT MUCH SADIER TO KNOW WHEN AND HOW. MAY GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL.
SeaDog0824

Richmond Hill, GA

#35 Jun 27, 2007
Everyone says the criminal has rights, but all too often the rights of the victims are long forgotten. Clemency wasn't an option for the people he killed. He was convicted by a jury of his peers and found guilty, he didn't deny he killed them. We really need to clean our prison systems out and quit feeling sorry for the criminal. Cruel and unusual punishment....hogwash, they get what they deserve, a bullet behind the ear! Bring back public hangings and firing squads, make it a public spectacle and forget about cruel and unusual punishment. Remember the victims in your prayers and Heaven have mercy on his soul.
blaqkat2000

Madison, GA

#36 Jun 28, 2007
I understand your point in the pre-meditated murder from the U.S. but you have to understand 2 things 1. what if it were your child that was murdered by a soulless person. How would you feel then. I don't think you would care about anything but making sure he/she dies too. 2. If we let every convicted murderer just go to jail and we have to foot the bills for them (ie..food, shelter, clothes, health etc.)what makes you think that there wouldn't be more murders, especially since they know they would have someone (US) taking care of them for the rest of their misarable lives (FOR FREE)
Alexsmom wrote:
How can anyone support the most pre-meditated murder, the Death Penalty. What is it supposed to teach?? That murder is intolerable?? Yes murder under ANY circumstances is intolerable!! How sad that in this day in age we still have a death penalty. It only makes us all murderers!
Steve

AOL

#37 Jun 28, 2007
As others have said, What took the State of Georgia so long to execute this murderer. He was convicted in 1987, and the taxpayers have fed and clothed him for all these years. Whats wrong with this picture? People who need help do not get it, but we can care for a murderer? Makes no sense to me at all.
TANYA C

Orlando, FL

#38 Jun 29, 2007
ONE DOWN, THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS TO GO!! 20 YRS....HOW MUCH FREAKIN $$ DID THAT COST US. THEY NEED TO BE EXECUTED WITHIN 24 HOURS OF BEING FOUND GUILTY WHEN PROPER DNA/WITTNESS/OMISSION HAS BEEN SET FORTH.
joan

Rome, GA

#39 Jun 30, 2007
If you take pleasure in this killing/execution, by the state of Georgia,
then you are just as guilty as John Hightower is.
aaa

Marietta, GA

#40 Jul 1, 2007
He murdered his wie and stepchildren. What was he expecting?
Terry

Washington, DC

#43 Jul 5, 2007
It is really sad that those of you who purport to "value" life are all for extiniguishing it a human being, however deplorable his actions. If people commit crimes we should hold them accountable and lock them up and remove them from society. I don't want murder by the state done in my name. Much of the rest of the world has gotten rid of the death penalty - we have really good company on this issue - Iran, China, and Saudi Arabia, Iraq - Is that what the great US of A is all about?
Anna

Powder Springs, GA

#45 Jul 8, 2007
Dr Peter Venkman wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, Terry, the death penalty is NOT murder.
I am sorry I dont agree with you, I believe Death Penalty is a Murder!!
Tom M

Southport, UK

#46 Jul 9, 2007
However heinous the crime; we should try to show mercy. Life in prison is a just punishment. Remember, we will need a merciful judgement when we are called to account for our time on earth.
justice for the innocent

Texarkana, TX

#48 Jul 16, 2007
funny the bible states
an eye for an eye
go figure
yet here we are allowing these people to eat, smoke, live and breath among peers, albiet not as free but then again
they made a choice
the person they tortured in any manner be it death, rape, assault, robbery whatever crime had NO CHOICE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milledgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kara cannon Jun 4 Just interested 4
looking for a good church (Dec '11) Jun 2 Yep 12
Does anybody Know Brooks Nesmith? Jun 2 RANDYrandy 3
Review: Jomic Home Restorations (Jun '11) May 30 Boo Hooey 70
McWhorter Homeplace May '16 T-Mac 3
Russell Parkway and Tharpe Rd accident yesterday Apr '16 Justme109 1
sex offender rodney rumph (Dec '12) Apr '16 ImJusSayin 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milledgeville Mortgages