State Executes John Hightower

State Executes John Hightower

There are 39 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Jun 26, 2007, titled State Executes John Hightower. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

A man convicted of killing his wife and two stepdaughters 20 years ago in Milledgeville was executed on Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fred

Acworth, GA

#1 Jun 26, 2007
May God have mercy on his soul
Tyrone

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2007
3 men were killed today by the USA
suzi

Greensboro, NC

#3 Jun 26, 2007
Every convictwants clemency at the last minute, what about those poor souls that died and had no chance to ask for clemency?
If we excuted them one week after their trial this world would see a lot less crime.
SweetPea

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2007
suzi wrote:
Every convictwants clemency at the last minute, what about those poor souls that died and had no chance to ask for clemency?
If we excuted them one week after their trial this world would see a lot less crime.
I agree that they don't deserve clemency (especially at the last minute, how pathetic). However, I am not a fan of the death penalty either. I believe that if you are found beyond a shadow of a doubt to be guilty, then you should suffer in prison. Torture for molesters/rapists/murderers and no TV, smokes, fun, etc. for all of prisoners. That should deter a crime-free life. I know, I'm cruel, but it's just my 2 cents...
whatonearth

Lawrenceville, GA

#5 Jun 26, 2007
After reading about the young girl who survived his brutal attack in the AJC, how can we feel sorry??

I hope he asked for forgiveness and in the afterlife the will of GOD will provide him some sort of peace.

WE ARE ALL HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR OUR ACTIONS!
FRANMAN

Locust Grove, GA

#6 Jun 26, 2007
No Tyrone, Hightower killed three people 20 years ago--way too long for justice to prevail!! What goes around comes around..
will

Dallas, TX

#7 Jun 26, 2007
hey Tyrone where were you in 1987 trying to help his wife and step kids before he slaughtered them like pigs?
AK in the ATL

Atlanta, GA

#10 Jun 26, 2007
In this case justice was not swift, but it was sure. This man was given plenty of time to make things right with his creator. I hope he took advantage of it.
Alan

Thurman, OH

#11 Jun 26, 2007
Justice was finally served today. I too am not a big fan of the death penalty, but as long as there are people out there who do not value life we will need this form of punishment.
Jim

Atlanta, GA

#12 Jun 26, 2007
I have an idea - let's execute ALL of the inmates on death row! Traffic on 285 at 5PM moves faster than "death row". After the conviction and the appeal, let's get on with it. Justice should be swift AND sure. God bless the executioners!
Wayne

Milledgeville, GA

#13 Jun 26, 2007
Hey Hightower, try to get up at 3:00 a.m. and kill three other people...Can't???, well then the death penalty works just fine, just too damn slowly
joe

Cumming, GA

#14 Jun 26, 2007
This should have happened 15 years ago.I hope he burns in hell !
Charmaine

United States

#15 Jun 26, 2007
I do not support the death penalty, however, we must live obey the law of the land and if individuals disrespect the law, then they will be punished by the law.

Since: May 07

Cumming, GA

#16 Jun 26, 2007
In a case such as his, where there are multiple murders the death penalty was appropriate. The only travesty here was it took twenty years and gobs of taxpayer money to do it.
big daddy

Atlanta, GA

#17 Jun 27, 2007
This was long over due, this man should have died many years ago. I hope that the young girl that he did not kill can go on and live a productive life....Rot in hell Mr Hightower
Dawg 79

Buford, GA

#18 Jun 27, 2007
For all of you out there that believe in the death penalty, you need to realize that NO ONE has the right to take a life. I mean NO ONE! The old saying that "two wrongs do not make a right" is very true in this situation. It's sad that our society has come to this!!!!! Very sad, no matter what your belief may be.
James

Lisle, IL

#20 Jun 27, 2007
Bye-bye.

Next!!
Alexsmom

Fitchburg, MA

#21 Jun 27, 2007
How can anyone support the most pre-meditated murder, the Death Penalty. What is it supposed to teach?? That murder is intolerable?? Yes murder under ANY circumstances is intolerable!! How sad that in this day in age we still have a death penalty. It only makes us all murderers!
De-valuing life

Atlanta, GA

#22 Jun 27, 2007
quote above "Justice was finally served today. I too am not a big fan of the death penalty, but as long as there are people out there who do not value life we will need this form of punishment."
If you see any news at all today, people are valuing human life. Everyday someone takes a life over nothing. I think we need the death penalty more than ever but in a more swift manner so that it will deter the behaviors. How many spouses are killing each other, how many children are in prison for killing, our society is just losing its morals and values especially humankindness. Drugs and money are the main targets for this behavior. Some can blame the media on some aspects becuase they sensationalize the horror stories and have the be the first to give the gory details. this gives fuel to the fire for those who want their five minutes of fame no matter how to get it, especially those copy cat crimes.
De-valuing life

Atlanta, GA

#23 Jun 27, 2007
Oops made a big blunder in my previous post. "If you see any news at all today, people are valuing human life." This should have read, If you see any news at all today, people are de-valuing human life"
Major difference in sentence, sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milledgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any working girls? Aug 22 RANDYrandy 2
dr sachy (Sep '12) Jul '16 RexHEX 3
News Shaheen pushes for Warner Robins spokesman posi... (Jan '12) Jul '16 yellowbox 4
News Psychiatric patients are vulnerable when state ... (Jun '07) Jul '16 Shasta Eubanks 16
Kara cannon Jun '16 Just interested 4
looking for a good church (Dec '11) Jun '16 Yep 12
Does anybody Know Brooks Nesmith? Jun '16 RANDYrandy 3

Milledgeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milledgeville Mortgages