Church pastor: - We need help'

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: Union-Recorder

Several members of the congregation of Victory Baptist Church attended the commission meeting where Pastor Ken Walker asked for the county's help in allowing the congregation to use their new facility that has been completed and empty for a year.

Full Story
jimhatcher

Gordon, GA

#1 Aug 5, 2010
Why should the Church have to pay for the turning lanes? The County should have known the laws and told them at the time permit to build was approved. Why was the storage buildings next to the church allowed to build and they have no acceleration lanes? why dont the recycling center have acceleration lanes is it because it belongs to County of Baldwin? Maybe the commisioners not of this relegion. The County should pay for these lanes being put in or atleast 75% of it since it was their fault the church wasn't aware until they were ready to move in. The County should have atleast told them about it when they started construction but they refused or were trying to keep the Church from opening. This is why during election time all County Commissioners need to be voted out they never do the job they say they will so replace them at election time. And No i do not go to this Church but do know they are good people and Love the Lord.
work with gov daily

Milledgeville, GA

#2 Aug 7, 2010
Baldwin Co. gov. is so broken. Both City and County gov. offices are held by incompetant money sponges. I work with both. Ralph McMullen and Merv Graham are stealing your tax dollars. Let's do something positive and start replacing people like this.
Upset taxpayer

Milledgeville, GA

#3 Aug 10, 2010
Wake up--so you want to replace the incompetant people--with what, more incompetant people. What is the point? Victory Baptist should pay all costs concerning the turn lanes, if the church will benefit, they should pay. What should the taxpayer pay for this, very dumb idea. Poor planning is the cause of this problem, I would blame the church planning committee for their lack of knowledge. Seems like everyone wants somebody else to pay for their mistakes these days.
work with gov daily wrote:
Baldwin Co. gov. is so broken. Both City and County gov. offices are held by incompetant money sponges. I work with both. Ralph McMullen and Merv Graham are stealing your tax dollars. Let's do something positive and start replacing people like this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milledgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad neighbors (May '07) Oct 26 Closed 12
Paul Mangiaracina is to be burn in Milledegevil... (May '07) Oct 24 rrmangiaracina 51
Is Warner Robins a good place to live? (Sep '08) Oct 20 NotDaveThatsForSure 79
stupid southerners (May '12) Oct 9 GCproudalum 37
Review: Jomic Home Restorations (Jun '11) Sep '14 jkchd07- Honest C... 64
government Sep '14 barnhater 2
Radio 'Hams' handle emergency communications Sep '14 HAM 12345 2

Milledgeville News Video

Milledgeville Dating
Find my Match

Milledgeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Milledgeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Milledgeville