Drivers May Face Homicide Charges

Full story: WXIA Atlanta 20
Two teenage drivers who crashed their cars on Sugarloaf Parkway Sunday evening, killing the 16-year-old passenger in one of the cars, may face charges of vehicular homicide. Full Story
Peeved Cerise Hombre

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Nov 5, 2007
It's not the government that wants the low age in getting a drivers license; it's the PARENTS. They are tired of driving their whiny whelps all over and want to get rid of them. Occasionally they succeed beyond what they intended. Teens and geriatric blue-hairs are the biggest menaces on the road. Teen-agers cannot drive! The worst thing is when they kill an innocent motorist who happens to get caught up in their reckless incompetence. Finally, that stretch of Sugarloaf parkway is totally out of control. Drivers routinely blast by you on either side in excess of 60 mph. The Gwinnett cops have completely abandoned any attempt to enforce the 45 mph speed limit. so, you get what we had here last Sunday.
batsibf

United States

#3 Nov 6, 2007
teens my not know how to drive but you have to teach them and if you don't your have adults who cann't drive then you are in the same boat... their has to be something done about the speed here in GA. no one obeys the traffic laws and the teens are following their PARENTS examples
PlayfulAtHeart

Atlanta, GA

#4 Nov 6, 2007
batsibf wrote:
teens my not know how to drive but you have to teach them and if you don't your have adults who cann't drive then you are in the same boat... their has to be something done about the speed here in GA. no one obeys the traffic laws and the teens are following their PARENTS examples
While I agree about the traffic, are you trying to say that these teenagers did not know what they were doing was wrong? That they did not know that by speeding(and potentially racing) that they were endangering others?

Yep, parents have an obligation to, as you say, set a good example, but if a parent jumps off the bridge, do you? Get real.... people were killed, not because of the bad example of parents, but because the drivers of those cars CHOSE to act in a manner that endangered themselves and others....

My condolences to the victims and families of the victims...
Gail

Lawrenceville, GA

#6 Nov 6, 2007
The kids memorialize their friend by writing his name on their hands. That way they can see his name as they are drag racing or speeding on the highways. It does not seem that any of these deaths have caused the still living to actually reflect on what has happened. They still believe they are invincible. Maybe the powers that be should consider putting some of those wrecked cars in very visible locations so they can be a reminder.
Zohaibs Friend

Lawrenceville, GA

#7 Nov 6, 2007
HipyChic, you must not of known him. Him did the reight thing all the time and It looks like they were not racing. One behind the other is not racing in my book. He was a good person and the driver was tring to save then by doging the other cars collision. If you were in the same situation, you would have done the same.
Concerned Parent

Atlanta, GA

#8 Nov 6, 2007
This is what happens when parents don't give a flip about their children, buy them cars at such a young age, then let them run wild. I am waiting for the day this happens to one of the teens in our neighborhood. Get with it parents and be parents.
mother of 3

Pembroke, GA

#9 Nov 6, 2007
this is what scares me!!!! i have a 14 yr old son. he will be driving soon also!! I HAVE TRIED TO TEACH HIM RIGHT FROM WRONG , AND I HOPE HE WILL LISTEN TO ME WHEN I AM NOT AROUND!! what THEY DO IS NOT ALWAYS A REFLECTION OF THE PARENTS! MAY GOD BE WITH THEM ALL AT THIER TIME OF NEED AND DESPARE!!
Fayetteville Georgia

Marietta, GA

#10 Nov 6, 2007
Again, another senseless death.

These kids have no idea just how precious life really is....forever young.
batsibf

Lawrenceville, GA

#11 Nov 6, 2007
PlayfulAtHeart wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree about the traffic, are you trying to say that these teenagers did not know what they were doing was wrong? That they did not know that by speeding(and potentially racing) that they were endangering others?
Yep, parents have an obligation to, as you say, set a good example, but if a parent jumps off the bridge, do you? Get real.... people were killed, not because of the bad example of parents, but because the drivers of those cars CHOSE to act in a manner that endangered themselves and others....
My condolences to the victims and families of the victims...
I agree they should have known better, they were 17 and 18. but kids learn by example, and I would bet this is not the first time they were caught speeding even if it was not caught by the police.
sharon

United States

#15 Nov 6, 2007
Concerned Parent wrote:
This is what happens when parents don't give a flip about their children, buy them cars at such a young age, then let them run wild. I am waiting for the day this happens to one of the teens in our neighborhood. Get with it parents and be parents.
These parents are going threw a lot of pain,how can you judge and not have all the facts or know them?Run wild?Well I read that they were going to there place of worship at 6:30 in the evening.You can't blame parents for everything young people do.By the way have you driven in the Atlanta area lately?Almost everyone drives to fast.Take a good look at yourself.Yes they were wrong if they were speeding,but don't judge others you just may be the one judged someday!It is very sad,but you want change things with your harsh remarks when you don't have the facts.
FYI

Atlanta, GA

#19 Nov 6, 2007
Wasnt Zohab a passenger in the veh ? he was not legally liable for anything. As a passenger you can not control the vehicle.

Rest in peace.
sharon

United States

#20 Nov 6, 2007
Angry parent wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to judge the parents at fault, because in most situations it is. Parents and society in general are way to easy on our children. This all started when the shrinks came out in the 70's and said it's wrong to punish your child, you should use positive reinforcement. What a crock..... Parents need to take control of your kids. Teach them right from wrong and place your foot up their but when needed. Too many parents try to be best friends with their kids. Your first responsibility is to be a parent. Teach them that their decisions will have consequences and they must live with those. Maybe then kids will start getting more in line. I have a young son who knows when I say NO it means NO. He does not argue with myself or any other adult. If he does, then he knows he will be punished. It's really easy to do this, just start acting like the responsible parents you should be.
I think your right I am a parent of grown children and I was never a friend when they were growing up,I was a mother.However this still could happen to anyone.Please have some kindness in your heart you don't know these family's,all I say is don't judge.You sound like a wise parent working to do the right thing for your child,however you never know what may happen along the way in life.I think they have so much to deal with now that people should just not use this to slam them,they are already down.
zohaibs classmate

United States

#23 Nov 6, 2007
Honestly, most of you guys in this forum should feel horrible about yourselves. Here you guys are criticizing a person you guys don't even know. Zohaib was a person of good deeds. He was a hard worker and a great friend. He had dreams of becoming an engineer and I can't stand that he was not given that chance. He was the life of our class and I dearly miss you Zobob, but I know you're in a better place now!

Since: Jul 07

Atlanta (Peachtree City)

#24 Nov 6, 2007
Why blame the parents when it's the state that tested them and said they were fit to be licensed to drive on GA roads.

If it was up to parents some kids would be driving at 13 or 14 as some do on private farms and some would never drive. An 18 year old has the right to get licensed without a parent and to also enter into a contract to purchase a car.
zohaibs classmate

United States

#25 Nov 6, 2007
Would everyone please stop pointing fingers. None of us here were in the car with Zohaib and we truthfully don't know what happened. However what's happened is in the past and all we can do is await for tomorrow, a new day with new beginnings. For the people in this forum that have such strong opinions, I encourage you to practice what you preach for actions speak louder than words!
Zohaibs Friend

Fayetteville, GA

#26 Nov 6, 2007
STOP IT U GUYS DON'T KNOW HIM
and stop having discussions on this it happened so it did don't do this whole commenting thing because it hurts to read things like this imagine how many people are hurt out there because of this and you immature people are just hurting them more your hurting me and other friends and family just stop saying crap don't say anything if it isn't good at all

“losers nit pick on topix”

Since: Jul 07

Earth

#27 Nov 6, 2007
Zohaibs Friend wrote:
STOP IT U GUYS DON'T KNOW HIM
and stop having discussions on this it happened so it did don't do this whole commenting thing because it hurts to read things like this imagine how many people are hurt out there because of this and you immature people are just hurting them more your hurting me and other friends and family just stop saying crap don't say anything if it isn't good at all
hmm, this is an open forum. that's what people do, make comments. we know your friend will be missed, but the reality is too many people are loosing their life over reckless, careless drivers who have nothing more to do than race each other. if the comments hurt you so bad, maybe you shouldn't read them.
Emily

Valdosta, GA

#28 Nov 6, 2007
you are right, too many people lose their life over the reckless drivers; am i reading the article wrong or was he the PASSENGER? It seems that many are condemning him as a reckless driver but he was not the one driving. It is extremely unfortunate as to what happened, and I think it is pathetic that people are looking at it as anything less than it is; a young man was killed in a car accident and it was NOT his fault. Whether they were racing or not has nothing to do with him and should not be a factor at how he is looked at and talked about on these forums.

I understand that this is an open forum, but it's not like a sports vent; we are dealing with someone's life, and arguements should not involve put-downs. I just ask that everyone takes that into consideration and for everyone to express even the slightest bit of compassion for those in mourning.
Sherry

Atlanta, GA

#29 Nov 7, 2007
He may not have been driving, but IF they were racing, he knew the risks.

May God bless his family and friends.

“losers nit pick on topix”

Since: Jul 07

Earth

#30 Nov 7, 2007
Emily wrote:
you are right, too many people lose their life over the reckless drivers; am i reading the article wrong or was he the PASSENGER? It seems that many are condemning him as a reckless driver but he was not the one driving. It is extremely unfortunate as to what happened, and I think it is pathetic that people are looking at it as anything less than it is; a young man was killed in a car accident and it was NOT his fault. Whether they were racing or not has nothing to do with him and should not be a factor at how he is looked at and talked about on these forums.
I understand that this is an open forum, but it's not like a sports vent; we are dealing with someone's life, and arguements should not involve put-downs. I just ask that everyone takes that into consideration and for everyone to express even the slightest bit of compassion for those in mourning.
there is compassion for the fact that the person died due to a careless and reckless driver. passenger or not, these teens now days get such a high off of speeding and it's costly each and everytime.

by the way, no matter where you go on this site, there will always be someone to say something that hurts another persons feelings. it's unfortunate that some people may not have sympathy, but remember, the driver didn't seem to have any sympathy for his passenger and it cost him his life. i don't think people are being harsh towards the person that died, it's the driver who is being critized.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milledgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anxiety :( Dec 17 Skittles9404 1
Bad neighbors (May '07) Nov 26 barnhater 13
Is Warner Robins a good place to live? (Sep '08) Nov 24 Geoff 81
Paul Mangiaracina is to be burn in Milledegevil... (May '07) Oct '14 rrmangiaracina 51
stupid southerners (May '12) Oct '14 GCproudalum 37
Review: Jomic Home Restorations (Jun '11) Sep '14 jkchd07- Honest C... 64
government Sep '14 barnhater 2

Milledgeville News Video

Milledgeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Milledgeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Milledgeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Milledgeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:21 pm PST

NBC Sports12:21PM
Falcons hoping for 0-0 fresh start in playoffs - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Steven Jackson undergoing further testing on quad
NBC Sports 1:27 PM
Another strong December has Panthers on playoff doorstep - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:58 PM
Mistakes costly for Saints in missing playoffs - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:17 PM
Rex Grossman turns down return to Browns in favor of family