Ga. teen rebounds from arrest, heads ...

Ga. teen rebounds from arrest, heads to college

There are 6 comments on the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer story from Sep 25, 2008, titled Ga. teen rebounds from arrest, heads to college. In it, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reports that:

After he was arrested for armed robbery, Jeremy Lee knew it was time to wake up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.

Tory One

Atlanta, GA

#1 Sep 26, 2008
another place taken from a law abiding hard working student by a low life, gun tooting gansta wanna be robber, absolutely sickening

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#2 Sep 27, 2008
What the hell is wrong with you?! The kid got a perfect score on the essay part of the SAT! So he committed a crime in his life, his turn around is an example of how our penal system should work. Now he will hopefully be a productive member of our society. Hell he was 14 when he committed the crime, what the hell do you think should happen? Should a crime committed by a kid doom them to receive no education for the rest of tier lives? Yea that would work out great, force him to stay a criminal huh.

This way he wont be a criminal when he's an adult.

Maybe that "law abiding hard working student" should have gotten a better SAT score and grades. Apparently they didn't work as hard as you thought. Or maybe the " low life, gun tooting gansta wanna be robber" just worked harder.
Tory One

United States

#3 Sep 27, 2008
If I had been the judge he would have had been locked away for 50 years, he is in my view just a little better than pond scum.

Hios criminal record will follow him all his life.

I would employ a GPA 3.0 before I employed a filthy gun tooting wanna be gansta no matter what his GPA was

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#4 Sep 27, 2008
Tory One wrote:
If I had been the judge he would have had been locked away for 50 years, he is in my view just a little better than pond scum.
Hios criminal record will follow him all his life.
I would employ a GPA 3.0 before I employed a filthy gun tooting wanna be gansta no matter what his GPA was
First off your making a lot, and I mean A LOT of assumptions, from this one article. No where does it say he was the one with a gun. I'm not saying he didn't have one, but you have no basis to make that assumption, although I doubt you care. And actually since he was a juvenile his criminal record will not follow him all his life. But the fact that this kid has turned his life around, and looks to have a great potential to help society (he wants to be a neurosurgeon), something very beneficial to us all. But you would throw that all out, for what, the idea of harsh punishment. Well this kid is proof himself that that is not always a good thing. But continue to grandstand with your no mercy position, I hope this kid has to work on you sometime.

Perhaps you would like to carry all children up to the cliff right after birth and decide which ones you feel would be criminals and just toss the over right there. You ned to learn that their is such a thing as a "grey area" in life, and not all things black and white, and not all people only good or evil.
Tory One

United States

#5 Sep 27, 2008
Jeremy Lee may not even have had a gun but the charge Jeremy Lee was charged with was armed robbery.

As for aninonimity and closed records, good lick on that one his name will come up on every decent HR check, just like our company checks "facebook" and othe social sights and the web for "stuff"

Morehouse dissapoints me there must be 100's of children,(not kids ... kids are uoing goats) with the same scores who cannot afford their rates.
Tory One

United States

#6 Sep 27, 2008
His criminal record may be closed but sany HR person worth their salt will find Jeremy Lee online under the heading armed robber, might =have been a knife or gun but it was armed robber, do you think the victims were traumatized by the robbery?

Moorhouse dissapoints me there are many children (not kids ... kids are young goats0 who kept a clean sheet, worked hard and did not get a free ride though college.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milledgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: LDI Landscape Aug 15 Tonya E 9
Is Warner Robins a good place to live? (Sep '08) Jul 29 WarnerRobinsRealtor 93
sex offender rodney rumph (Dec '12) May '17 Justme573 7
News Students banned from graduation after 'dangerou... May '17 Not My Sweet Baby 1
Emergency Management (Jan '17) May '17 Wayne 6
Cheating Husband Expose!! May '17 Kelvin W 2
hey (Jun '07) May '17 Mary W 2

Milledgeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milledgeville Mortgages