Online Extra! Letter to Baldwin Count...

Online Extra! Letter to Baldwin County residents from County Commission plus Convenience Center h...

There are 4 comments on the Union-Recorder story from Aug 6, 2009, titled Online Extra! Letter to Baldwin County residents from County Commission plus Convenience Center h.... In it, Union-Recorder reports that:

Baldwin County Commissioners issued a letter to Baldwin County residents explaining the garbage collection and disposal procedures.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Union-Recorder.

Knox Elder

Milledgeville, GA

#1 Aug 7, 2009
I find the added taxation of garbage collection, already a part of annual taxes, to be intrusive, expecially at a time when many people are having trouble with budgets no to mention those on unemployemnt. Raise our taxes a few dollars to add to the tax we already pay but do not add an unwanted service. If I wanted a garbage service, I'd call one. The county should not push us into services we do not have a chance to have a referendum on; washington is doing enough of this. I will cerntainly not vote for those responsible for this intrusion and added tax.
Viv

Vilonia, AR

#2 Aug 12, 2009
I love your 1st name!
Tracker

United States

#3 Aug 17, 2009
There should a two tier scheme for this garbage issue. One charge for those who opt for curbside collection and a lower charge for those who opt out and deliver their own garbage to the convenience center. At any rate, the $13.50 is too much. It should be a lot lower.
How do I find out who in Milledgeville is responsible for this shoving it down our throats who live outside of Milledgeville without a public hearing or refernedum? I'm gonna remember them come the next election.
Gerald

Milledgeville, GA

#4 Oct 12, 2009
They are not entitled to any more of our money. I am paying almost 2200 a year in property taxes, don't get county water, have a paid fire department, or any kids in school. On top of that, no one even mows the right of way anymore.

Vote them all out of office

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milledgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pain clinc 4 hr Lady D 1
Review: Jomic Home Restorations (Jun '11) Dec '16 TerryJ99 71
Krystal Dec '16 Catapult 1
Respirtory Therapist Jeremy Sisk Dec '16 LISA 1
Rick Perez Nov '16 Jessie 1
bus driver at Georgia Military College Nov '16 justagirl 1
Grandmother Oct '16 Allan Melvin 4

Milledgeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance