Waterbury one of the best places to r...

Waterbury one of the best places to raise a family

There are 199 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Jul 18, 2008, titled Waterbury one of the best places to raise a family. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

Waterbury _ Best Life Magazine has ranked Waterbury as one of the best places to raise a family and the Brass City celebrated that accomplishment this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Mom-Glastonbury

Webster, MA

#1 Jul 18, 2008
Are you kidding me? Waterbury? I don't think I will be moving there anytime soon.
Law and order

Meriden, CT

#2 Jul 18, 2008
HA HA HA - Oh I needed a good laugh today!!- but it's apparent that magazine was paid off - LOL Waterbury!- Maybe next year it will be Bridgeport or New Haven!- maybe it's Waterbury in a different state.
waterbury is a dumP

New Haven, CT

#3 Jul 18, 2008
LMAO

April Fools in July.
Ruby

Groton, CT

#4 Jul 18, 2008
Perhaps the magazine was not aware that Waterbury has the dubious distinction of having the highest percentage per person and in actual real numbers of incidences of Domestic Violence than anywhere in the State of CT, far surpassing Hartford, New Haven or Bridgeport. The official number of incidents for all age groups exceeds all other cities combined. Starting with infant and child abuse, to school bullying, to spousal, to elderly - Waterbury is the winner. It is also the epicenter of human traffic-ing in CT - mostly females 15 and under.
Al Dente

United States

#5 Jul 18, 2008
HAHAHA I also neede a good laugh, who wrote this article ? I bet it was those aliens everyone is seeing.
Dave

Brookfield, CT

#6 Jul 18, 2008
What, were they high when they printed this article? I lived in Waterbury and it is the armpit of Connecticut I am so glad I moved out.
Shole

Ivoryton, CT

#7 Jul 18, 2008
Ahh here it is. I was waiting for us to be able to post on this one. What the h311 was best life thinking. I guess they've never hear the nickname Dirtybury or Dirtywater. This can't be true. I can name a million other places to raise a famiily over the Dirtywater. Like how about the North Pole.
TMJ

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2008
Who ever wrote this article must have been high on all the weed that was found in Greenwich....
Gen

Spencer, MA

#9 Jul 18, 2008
Seriously?? Are you kidding??? I don't even like working in Waterbury, nevermind raising a family......
Crotchrot

Milwaukee, WI

#10 Jul 18, 2008
Hey I want some of whatever the people at that magazine are smokin!!!!

Waterbury is the Crotchrot of CT.

Since: May 08

Milford, currently New Haven

#11 Jul 18, 2008
"One of the best places to raise a family"?

Yeah, maybe if your idea of good family-raising is selling your underage daughters' "favors" to the mayor....
Rodney

Rutland, VT

#12 Jul 18, 2008
We all need a good laugh once and a while.
sbl

Morristown, NJ

#13 Jul 18, 2008
Gen wrote:
Seriously?? Are you kidding??? I don't even like working in Waterbury, nevermind raising a family......
I don't even like DRIVING through that dump of a city.
bobbi

Falls Church, VA

#14 Jul 18, 2008
you have got to be kidding!! What were the idiots at Best Life Magazine smoking??
Major Damage

United States

#15 Jul 18, 2008
Guess the aliens are looking to raise a family and had read the article - maybe the Coneheads.
bobbi

Falls Church, VA

#16 Jul 18, 2008
Crotchrot wrote:
Hey I want some of whatever the people at that magazine are smokin!!!!
Waterbury is the Crotchrot of CT.
and i wrote my comment before i read yours!^5
JSI

Newington, CT

#17 Jul 18, 2008
I live in Watebury and the article said good schools!????????
Hello, where?
IMO

New Milford, CT

#18 Jul 18, 2008
I guess it depends what kind of family you want to raise. If its a family of gang-bangers, crack-heads and prostitutes then by all means move right in. If its real family values then I'd opt to live elsewhere.
why

United States

#19 Jul 18, 2008
I will never take one of these lists for real again. Waterbury, who are we kidding. I just hope someone doesn't come here on vacation because of this and gets mugged or worse.
JSI

Newington, CT

#21 Jul 18, 2008
okay, Waterbury is not the best but walking down the street will not get you mugged in most neighborhoods. are these families on vacation hanging out on Willow street.
Get mugged, ha!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milldale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Waterbury, CT (Sep '10) Jul 17 RONALD KAPO 38
Review: Ricci's Home Improvement Co (May '14) Jul 15 Anon 7
Meriden's Beauty Jul 14 Laneybus 1
Election Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Jul 11 Jake-O- Al 820
Steve Joseph Of Cheshire, CT Sanofi harassment ... (Feb '13) Jul 8 morganright 15
whats up with all the.. Jul 7 friskydingo 2
News Bridgeport school arrests, suspensions down Jul 4 BPT 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milldale Mortgages