NJ teens sue over 'God Bless America'...

NJ teens sue over 'God Bless America' ejection

There are 27 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Sep 14, 2009, titled NJ teens sue over 'God Bless America' ejection. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Three teenagers who say they were tossed from a New Jersey ballpark for sitting through the song "God Bless America" are suing the minor league Newark Bears.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

#21 Sep 14, 2009
celebrate subversity wrote:
<quoted text>
...based on the fact that probably? What does that mean?
Never mind, I don't want to hear your convoluted answer.
too bad, you gotta hear it anyway. gee did you read the article??? the last names were what??? Patel and..what??? Mohammad hmmmm. gee what do you want to bet that the other kid was olive skinned too. hmmmm
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

#22 Sep 14, 2009
Notsofast wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is a free country. And, I would be free to award them NOTHING!
i am not a fan of lawsuits, and i do not believe that frivolous lawsuits do anything for america, im actually for tort reform. but i do believe that something happened at the ball park, of course anything i am saying is just a guess, im sure we will hear more about it. there had to have been witnesses to the incident. i still feel that the boys did not have to stand unless they felt like it. i probably would have stood myself, but i stand(no pun intended) by the boys rights to sit that one out if they so choose, this is america...the beautiful....land of freedom.
Bruce

Azusa, CA

#23 Sep 14, 2009
Adolphs Great Grand Son wrote:
Why can't I be a CZAR with the federal government in these matters. I would simply station ONE DOZEN sharp shooters in and about the stadium. Anyone that move/refuses to sing, would be automatically dispatched. Problem solved. Yes, I know, most of your are losing hundreds of your right in this God awful country of our.
Son of Sam got out of prison?
Bruce

Azusa, CA

#24 Sep 14, 2009
Adolphs Great Grand Son wrote:
Why can't I be a CZAR with the federal government in these matters. I would simply station ONE DOZEN sharp shooters in and about the stadium. Anyone that move/refuses to sing, would be automatically dispatched. Problem solved. Yes, I know, most of your are losing hundreds of your right in this God awful country of our.
I'm singing right now, I'm singing.."eff you Nazi scumbag..."
Bruce

Azusa, CA

#25 Sep 14, 2009
the word was scum-bag
celebrate subversity

Gig Harbor, WA

#26 Sep 14, 2009
loweroceanlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
too bad, you gotta hear it anyway. gee did you read the article??? the last names were what??? Patel and..what??? Mohammad hmmmm. gee what do you want to bet that the other kid was olive skinned too. hmmmm
LOL! No, not that. I asked what does "based on the fact that probably" mean?

In other words, if it's something based on fact, then it's a fact and there's no degree of probability to consider. If it is a probability, then it is an assumption based on a probable outcome and not an established fact. Can't be both.
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

#27 Sep 14, 2009
celebrate subversity wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! No, not that. I asked what does "based on the fact that probably" mean?
In other words, if it's something based on fact, then it's a fact and there's no degree of probability to consider. If it is a probability, then it is an assumption based on a probable outcome and not an established fact. Can't be both.
ok here is an example of fact influencing probability. the FACT is it gets very cold in alaska.....if you go there unprepared you will PROBABLY freeze.
the fact is cobras are poisonous, if one bites you you will probably die.

the fact is, there is a huge anti arab, anti muslim bias in this country in the post 9-11 environment.
due to the fact that at least two out of three of the boys was of middle eastern descent, it is highly probable that the owner's anger was at least in part racially motivated, when you consider that they were playing GOD bless america, a tradition that started in the wake of 9-11. a passionate new yorker would probably be very upset about this. it does not take thought to see how this thing could have unfolded.
i hope i have helped you understand how fact and probability are linked together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Millburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Longhorn Steakhouse is HIRING! Oct 10 TC LeFever 2
Seeking Jack Fiorenza, Jr. (Dec '06) Oct 4 Npeters 3
Baseball Lessons and Training Sep 20 jvilicich 1
Frankie Valli Tribute Show - Heritage Middle Sc... Sep '17 fwilliamson 1
Prayers for the people of Florida Sep '17 Pray 1
Sending prayers for the people of Houston Aug '17 Pray 1
Jeanine tighe (Jan '14) Aug '17 Greg martino 6

Millburn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance