Bankrupt Salander Pleads ...

Bankrupt Salander Pleads ...

There are 1 comment on the BusinessWeek story from Mar 18, 2010, titled Bankrupt Salander Pleads .... In it, BusinessWeek reports that:

Lawrence B. Salander, a former New York art dealer, pleaded guilty today to stealing about $120 million from customers and investors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BusinessWeek.

Port Chester, NY

#1 Mar 19, 2010
Well, too bad for Salander ... I guess. But really "too bad" for Millbrook. As a former business owner in Millbrook, I can see how The Phoenix Gallery is going to close down and there's another empty property in Town. The place is big and the rent is going to be way too high for any type of "local" business. Expect to see yet another real estate, architect, or similar "professional" business going in there ... no way a local business like a restaurant, clothing store, gift shop, or consumer product business afford the rent. Nothing targeted to the lcoal community. Likewise for the other corner property formerly known as "Loopey's" ...$2,900 monthly rent plus utilities, insurance, normal operating expenses ... how the heck is a restaurant going to survive in a town where the leadership does nothing to encourage visitor traffic, caters to the few old-money power brokers, and prefers to keep a bubble over this dimly lit, uninspiring, once-there-was-a-heartbeat town. Phil MacTaggart's a smart man ... hopefully, he'll sub-divide the gallery and get something in there that supports the local community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Millbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 4 min NEMO 15,797
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 10 min NEMO 7,024
Rats in New York 12 min ProtectTheSouth 2
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min June VanDerMark 333,862
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 1 hr THrilLa 2,459
Another Republican Bites the Dust!! (Dec '11) 1 hr THrilLa 1,385
We VS We (Nov '09) 1 hr THrilLa 2,821

Millbrook Jobs

Personal Finance

Millbrook Mortgages