IRS Dealings Became a 'Horror Story'

IRS Dealings Became a 'Horror Story'

There are 13 comments on the Real Clear Politics story from May 17, 2013, titled IRS Dealings Became a 'Horror Story'. In it, Real Clear Politics reports that:

The Common Sense Campaign, a self-described constitutionalist group based in Montgomery, Ala., aspired to be a smaller version of the National Rifle Association - powerful and influential, without having to pay federal income taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Real Clear Politics.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 May 17, 2013
IRS is the most hated govt entity. If enough Americans stopped paying federal taxes, the
FBI, Marshall, ATF, NSA, CIA, and Federal Protective Service would be forced to permanently layoff thousands of employees.

Obama was wrong for firing the current IRS chief.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2 May 17, 2013
Tory II wrote:
IRS is the most hated govt entity. If enough Americans stopped paying federal taxes, the
FBI, Marshall, ATF, NSA, CIA, and Federal Protective Service would be forced to permanently layoff thousands of employees.
Obama was wrong for firing the current IRS chief.
Tory , the IRS did not create itself.

The same people in Congress who are complaining have the power to pass a simplified tax code which would eliminate these problems but our elected representatives would rather point fingers then get to work.
Roice

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 May 17, 2013
I've never understood why they don't adopt a flat tax or fair tax system. The only reasonable answer is that it would end the IRS or deminish its power OR that it limits government "wiggle" room on generating income. Neither of these options serve the American people and if we all just paid the same rate it would seem fair to me. The clearly corrupt element in this is that the IRS targeted "End The Federal Reserve" types. It looks as if they were scared people might say......"hey, why do we need the Fed anyway, we we 150 years about without them? Hmmmm."

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#4 May 18, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
Tory , the IRS did not create itself.
The same people in Congress who are complaining have the power to pass a simplified tax code which would eliminate these problems but our elected representatives would rather point fingers then get to work.
TeaParty political organizations were trying to acquire tax exempt status.

Many of the tax laws were created by the Left. Tax laws are designed to encourage or discourage specific types of social or economic conduct. Some of the laws are complex.

Why don't you grow a brain and re-think your comment about the IRS not creating itself.?

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#5 May 18, 2013
Roice wrote:
I've never understood why they don't adopt a flat tax or fair tax system.."
A flat or fair tax system will become complex.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#6 May 18, 2013
The nice thing about Obama care is that because it is simply a taxed thing, regulated through the treasury department, an individual's medical records would merely be fodder for the IRS to use in anyway they sought fit. George Orwell must be laughing his ass off!
Roice

Tampa, FL

#7 May 18, 2013
Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>A flat or fair tax system will become complex.
okay perhaps you're right..... But compared to the current system (supported by this giant government agency) could it possibly become worse than this?

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#8 May 19, 2013
A different tax method will evolve into the present system. And that includes Mike Huckabee's 'fair tax' scheme (which is already complex).

I admit tax law is complex and should be simplified.

The IRS needs to lump complex income and LOSS issues into one group and then tax them under a flat rate.
Roice

Tampa, FL

#9 May 19, 2013
Tory.... Your saying it will inevitably become like the current mess we have. That's like saying, "Why overthrow the British? The new government will be the same." No. Not if you rewrite the rules and enforce them ( as America did after winning independence). Simply write into law that there's a 10% consumption tax for every purchase, large or small. End of story. How could big gov fudge that? They couldn't. It would be transparent and equal for all. Or have your income tax if that seems better but fix it at 12%(or whatever). Make 15,000 a year....you pay 12%. Make 1,500,000 a year..... you pay 12%. Equality, transparency, and no one pays for a bloated, unconstitutional, bureaucracy that never served the people anyway.

Don't Tread On Me

#10 May 19, 2013
Roice wrote:
Tory.... Your saying it will inevitably become like the current mess we have. That's like saying, "Why overthrow the British? The new government will be the same." No. Not if you rewrite the rules and enforce them ( as America did after winning independence). Simply write into law that there's a 10% consumption tax for every purchase, large or small. End of story. How could big gov fudge that? They couldn't. It would be transparent and equal for all. Or have your income tax if that seems better but fix it at 12%(or whatever). Make 15,000 a year....you pay 12%. Make 1,500,000 a year..... you pay 12%. Equality, transparency, and no one pays for a bloated, unconstitutional, bureaucracy that never served the people anyway.
Tory would give a proton a negative charge.
Roice

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 May 19, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Tory would give a proton a negative charge.
I must just be smarter than everyone else. Say, what's a proton?

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#12 May 19, 2013
The 'fair tax' will be complex.

The current tax code is fair and complex.

Don't Tread On Me

#13 May 19, 2013
Tory II wrote:
The 'fair tax' will be complex.
The current tax code is fair and complex.
How is the tax code fair when billons of dollars in illegal drug profits go untaxed ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Millbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump promises Alabama Sen. Strange will 'drain... 15 hr Ex Senator Santpo... 1
News US Senate contender has history of provocative ... Fri Roscoe 5
News Trump to dive into Senate runoff in Alabama Fri ThomasA 2
Montgomery Narc Sep 19 CRF 3
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... Sep 18 Paul 17
Why were they packin' ? Sep 16 ThomasA 2
Depression, pain n anxiety treatment ; Aug 28 Adderalls 1

Millbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Millbrook Mortgages