Stanhope Elmore custodian arrested on...

Stanhope Elmore custodian arrested on extortion charges

There are 6 comments on the Prattville Progress story from May 7, 2009, titled Stanhope Elmore custodian arrested on extortion charges. In it, Prattville Progress reports that:

A custodial worker at Stanhope Elmore High School was arrested Wednesday by Millbrook police on charges that she extorted money from at least one SEHS student in exchange for returning a confiscated cell phone instead of reporting the confiscation to school administrators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Prattville Progress.

Crazy SEHS

AOL

#1 May 7, 2009
Now they SEHS always think that they are the cops, never investigate anything, just assume, at least she took the dang on phone. SEHS get a grip. Oh by the way there are teachers that have cell phones at school why arent they suspended? Quite sure the principal, and everyone else has a cell phone in their possession.
PRN

United States

#2 May 7, 2009
So she took a phone that was not supposed to be there in the first place and charged these little darlings a fee for getting it back?
Now if she would have given it to the administrators do you think that they would have felt it more than having to cough up some hard cash?
I think that the taxpayers paid more than the phone violators with the amount of policework that went into this!
Give me a break = > A Felony?

Since: Sep 08

United States

#3 May 17, 2009
Y'all are missing the point. If this woman knew that a student had an illegal item on campus, it was not her job to take the item. It was her job to report it to the principal- whose duties include dealing with contraband.

Yes, this woman did commit a crime. She confiscated items and committed the crime of extortion upon the students. Also, the value of the items she took determines whether it's a petty crime or a felony.

If she had any intention of doing the right thing, she would have notified the principal- or at least turned the items over to the office. She would most definitey NOT have charged the kids a fee for the return of the items. However, her actions prove that she had no intention of doing the right thing. Her greed got the better of her.
YOU JUST DONT KNOW SEHS

Montgomery, AL

#4 May 19, 2009
No Bama Belle you are missing the point. If she would not have taken the phone, and someone would have reported her that she wasnt doing her job. Since she took the phone assuming not to get it taken up for the entire school year and gave the kids a slap on the wrist, but unfortunately these young ladies told that she took their phone. Even if she would have turned the phone in, the story would have been turned around anyway. YOu just dont know SEHS. There is not one perfect teacher or administrator at SEHS. They all have cell phones and use them throughout the school times, whose going to take their phone, surely not you nor the administrators. I am not saying that she didnt commit a crime, but why make it out of something that it isnt. you just dont know SEHS
haha

Alexander City, AL

#5 Jan 14, 2011
I'm in Millbrook Middle School 6th grade . And just being in 6th grade I know that Stanhope is a bad place . Like not to long ago a Stanhope football coach got fired because he did a girl that was in 9th grade
SEHS class 07

Dayton, OH

#6 Jan 21, 2011
ok 6th grader you have no clue what your talking about the couch your refering to (ill keep them nameless) was never fired due to "doing" a girl in the 9th grade he broke into her house and stole her underwear it was my Sr. year. Stanhope is not that bad a school. The teachers are/were rediculous with their ways true but i dont feel takeing a cell phone is out of hand... selling it is though. Teachers should not be on their phone but that doesnt mean they shouldnt have one on them in case of an emergency. You think selling a phone is bad our janitor was sellin weed out of the bathroom in in the 600 building.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Millbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 1 hr inbred Genius 370
Marsha Blackburn 5 hr Christian Republican 5
Is Steve Bannon a Transexual? Fri Donald 1
The People are supporting DOUG JONES! Dec 14 ThomasA 15
Bannon a fat turd Dec 13 Horus 1
Impeach Trump Dec 13 All in the Family 22
News Trump promises Alabama Sen. Strange will 'drain... Dec 13 Christian Republican 11

Millbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Millbrook Mortgages