NC may study legalization of medical ...

NC may study legalization of medical marijuana

There are 15 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jun 30, 2008, titled NC may study legalization of medical marijuana. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : Raleigh The North Carolina Legislature passes new laws every year designed to combat the latest crimes in the news, whether by child sex predators, meth manufacturers or those who ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

noodle

Fort Stewart, GA

#1 Jun 30, 2008
Finally, I hope that all the marijuana myths are dispelled. Im a regular user and a productive citizen who lives with the fear of losing everything if I were caught just trying to build my appatite so i can eat. Im not terminally ill, but i am terminally alive. Without it, I would withdrawl from my friends and family. My doctor suggested it and I cant thank him enough. The quality of my life and the lives of my family members is greatly improved by my occasional use.
I have smoked for 20 years on and off, and had drank alcohol for the past 5 years after the death of my parrents. It was marijuana that helped me walk away from the alchohol. 32 weeks now and havnt drank a drop. I feel great, and am not perpetually harnessed with the worries that made my life miserable. My work attendance has improved, and I have never been late on any of my house payments. My children don't use drugs or drink, but i have told them that if i ever had a choice i would prefer they smoked marijuana than to drink and fall into the pit with 6 pack joe like the govenment seems to be hell bent for them to do. I have never recieved a ticket or driving infraction of any sort, nor have i been involved in any criminal activity short of getting and using my medicine. I am 40 now and have never gone a day without a job since i began work at 17.
My wife is happy with my occasional use and enjoys the companionship of her husband when he isn't overwhelmed by rising prices, or crazy polititions, she says she can see that it helps me relax to spend time with the family, and that life is too short to spend worrying about material things. I hope someone out there has the gutts to stand up and say just how marijuana has changed your life for the better.
noodle

Fort Stewart, GA

#3 Jul 2, 2008
Funny how drug busts make the front page for weeks, but drug legislation and study is swept asside for more interesting stories. I guess thats why so many 6 pac joes watch 'cops'. Marijuana busts are used to tax the population and confiscate property. I guess this drug war is really a failure, today i hear the US is the number 1 drug user. Leave people alone and give them freedom they deserve and they will be happy and not be so interested in somthing to relieve all the stress the drug war causes our society.
Rijohn BlkMtn

United States

#4 Jul 2, 2008
Medical research in NC??? Ya don't say... I saw them doing those medical experiments at one of the drum circles in Asheville!!
morpheous

Rougemont, NC

#5 Oct 1, 2008
noodle wrote:
Funny how drug busts make the front page for weeks, but drug legislation and study is swept asside for more interesting stories. I guess thats why so many 6 pac joes watch 'cops'. Marijuana busts are used to tax the population and confiscate property. I guess this drug war is really a failure, today i hear the US is the number 1 drug user. Leave people alone and give them freedom they deserve and they will be happy and not be so interested in somthing to relieve all the stress the drug war causes our society.
noodle you made some pretty good points.. i hope the legalize weed too...
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#7 Oct 1, 2008
noodle wrote:
Finally, I hope that all the marijuana myths are dispelled. Im a regular user and a productive citizen who lives with the fear of losing everything if I were caught just trying to build my appatite so i can eat. Im not terminally ill, but i am terminally alive. Without it, I would withdrawl from my friends and family. My doctor suggested it and I cant thank him enough. The quality of my life and the lives of my family members is greatly improved by my occasional use.
I have smoked for 20 years on and off, and had drank alcohol for the past 5 years after the death of my parrents. It was marijuana that helped me walk away from the alchohol. 32 weeks now and havnt drank a drop. I feel great, and am not perpetually harnessed with the worries that made my life miserable. My work attendance has improved, and I have never been late on any of my house payments. My children don't use drugs or drink, but i have told them that if i ever had a choice i would prefer they smoked marijuana than to drink and fall into the pit with 6 pack joe like the govenment seems to be hell bent for them to do. I have never recieved a ticket or driving infraction of any sort, nor have i been involved in any criminal activity short of getting and using my medicine. I am 40 now and have never gone a day without a job since i began work at 17.
My wife is happy with my occasional use and enjoys the companionship of her husband when he isn't overwhelmed by rising prices, or crazy polititions, she says she can see that it helps me relax to spend time with the family, and that life is too short to spend worrying about material things. I hope someone out there has the gutts to stand up and say just how marijuana has changed your life for the better.
You should of be atellin your younguns not to have anyhthing to do with alcohol or drugs, not to give them a preference. I hope your children don't turn into addicts.
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#8 Oct 1, 2008
h snuck on up in there.

“The King of Trolls”

Since: Sep 08

Gerudo Desert, Hyrule

#9 Oct 2, 2008
To the state of NC: Please send me a research kit every month for the next 24 months. By then all the data I collect should help out in the legislative research project. Hydros are good, ganja is better, khine is the best!

Oh and one more thing: Since I would be conducting a medical research deal and since the substance is illegal and I am ptting my life on the line taking currently illegal substances, Can I get tax-exempt status on my forms in case I overdose and die from this experiment?
annonymous

Montgomery, AL

#10 Oct 15, 2008
Legalization is only another means of control.

Research ? Really, how much more research do you need? It's a game the government plays with you. Think about it.

“Hemp for building materials”

Hampstead

#11 Oct 26, 2008
Keith former Gun-bunny wrote:
<quoted text> You should of be atellin your younguns not to have anyhthing to do with alcohol or drugs, not to give them a preference. I hope your children don't turn into addicts.
Cleveland, your stereotypical ignorance is showing. Of the two, cannabis is far less dangerous than alcohol and yes, if there is a choice between the two, cannabis should be chosen over the drink. If, by lying to the children is the way you would go, more than likely you'd end up with drug addicted kids. By giving the children the correct information to make an informed choice they are less likely to chose the wrong one and may not even try it. With the government's lies concerning cannabis, branding it as gateway drug or horribly dangerous, children will try it just because of that. Finding Cannabis not causing any of the vile effects the government said would happen, what's to keep them from trying real drugs, the hard stuff? After all, pot didn't hurt, why would coke? Or meth? Government lies about cannabis is the true gateway leading to hard drugs, not pot.
Nope

Asheville, NC

#12 Oct 27, 2008
Nasty Fartin Troll wrote:
To the state of NC: Please send me a research kit every month for the next 24 months. By then all the data I collect should help out in the legislative research project. Hydros are good, ganja is better, khine is the best!
Oh and one more thing: Since I would be conducting a medical research deal and since the substance is illegal and I am ptting my life on the line taking currently illegal substances, Can I get tax-exempt status on my forms in case I overdose and die from this experiment?
relax, no one has ever died from too much cannabis consumption.

www.dp.org
www.norml.org
www.MPP.org
Fact Check

Dillon, SC

#13 Oct 27, 2008
annonymous wrote:
Legalization is only another means of control.
Research ? Really, how much more research do you need? It's a game the government plays with you. Think about it.
You betcha. Remove it from the controlled substance list. Get the government's grubby hands off. Trouble with these efforts to legalize on a state level for medical use is, the feds can still step in and screw you!
MaryJane

United States

#14 Oct 27, 2008
IMO Popeyes 'smoke' should be illegal. His cartoons show him smoking, eating and drinking it and it ain't good for nothing except for greasing the tubes.

Since: Feb 07

Cullowhee

#15 Oct 27, 2008
legalize Industrial Hemp wrote:
<quoted text>Cleveland, your stereotypical ignorance is showing. Of the two, cannabis is far less dangerous than alcohol and yes, if there is a choice between the two, cannabis should be chosen over the drink. If, by lying to the children is the way you would go, more than likely you'd end up with drug addicted kids. By giving the children the correct information to make an informed choice they are less likely to chose the wrong one and may not even try it. With the government's lies concerning cannabis, branding it as gateway drug or horribly dangerous, children will try it just because of that. Finding Cannabis not causing any of the vile effects the government said would happen, what's to keep them from trying real drugs, the hard stuff? After all, pot didn't hurt, why would coke? Or meth? Government lies about cannabis is the true gateway leading to hard drugs, not pot.
Exactly. My kids went through the D.A.R.E. drug education program at school and were taught pot was the same as meth. How ridiculous is that? One has healing qualities while the other can make you near crazy. I told my kids the truth about drugs and let them know I would rather they not do any drugs at all but pot was the lesser of the evils out there. I hope it is legalized - maybe I will be able to eat a full meal again.

“Hemp for building materials”

Hampstead

#16 Oct 27, 2008
MsLyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. My kids went through the D.A.R.E. drug education program at school and were taught pot was the same as meth. How ridiculous is that? One has healing qualities while the other can make you near crazy. I told my kids the truth about drugs and let them know I would rather they not do any drugs at all but pot was the lesser of the evils out there. I hope it is legalized - maybe I will be able to eat a full meal again.
That would be lovely, eating a full meal. I say that for you. Imagine kids going to school saying "you're lying" to the D.A.R.E. officer. jackherer.com has a link to a cannabis prohibition story based on the dickens christmas carol. Read it when you have time. It is quite informative and the story is in cartoon format sort of like those Chick religious tracts nearly everyone has maybe seen. Anyhoo good reading, the christmas drug carol or whatever it's called.
anonymous

United States

#17 Mar 19, 2009
Absolutely. Leave the pot smokers alone and focus on the drunks. How many violent and angry pot heads have you ever been around? Exactly but how many violent and angry people that consume the "legal" product have you been around. Backwards? Exactly. The government is all about revenue. They could give twp shits about us. They only care about their quota and not about public safety. When was the last time a law was passed solely for the benefit of the general public which would not benit the government?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mill Spring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red Raven/Heather Works (Apr '13) Mon Jess 9
Hookers in Hendo (Apr '12) Aug 13 Glenn Thiel 6
Lake Lure yesterday Aug 11 Kat 1
News Black Mountain woman arrested on probation viol... (Mar '08) Jul 30 Myname 19
Open Message to Judge David K. Fox (Apr '14) Jul '16 Michael Bublei 4
Trash bike/moped guy Jul '16 tmis8064 1
Tryon Music Thread Jul '16 Musikologist 1

Mill Spring Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mill Spring Mortgages