Jesus and our school
Posted in the Mill Spring Forum
#1 Aug 27, 2012
Just found a new local forum that discusses Jesus and what is taught in our schools.
Have a blessed day.
#2 Sep 29, 2012
Romney is NO Christian.. Obama IS...
IS Romney a frigging NUT CASE?
Quickie- Ann Romney: Mitt’s ‘mental well-being’ would be her biggest concern if elected
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012,
We don't need Willard Mitt Romney close to the BIG RED BUTTON..and with his flip flopping he may be a nut.
I’m thinking a couple of those, 32 long should last you thru the next four years Ann. On the other hand, HUH, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Does Mittens have “issues”. Oy gevalt and a half.
Ann Romney said in an interview Thursday that her biggest concern if her husband was elected president would be “for his mental well-being.”
The aspiring first lady was asked in an interview with KTVN-Reno what her biggest concern for her husband was if he were to win the White House in November.
“You know, I think my biggest concern, obviously, would just be for his mental well-being,” Romney said.
#4 Oct 2, 2012
Whatever - and this was not the purpose of this thread.
But while on it - please tell me why we should give obama a second chance. No - hate romney or blame bush answers but real solid results from the past 4 years. I think they should have dumped him (nothing done) and 2 or 3 or so new guys go at it. He should be fired - if you or I got as much accomplished in 4 years on the job we would be fired.
#5 Oct 6, 2012
I can't say the President can move mountains all on his own, congress can only pass or decline anything he proposes.
Besides the benefits from the Affordable Care Act, these are just a few other things President Obama has accomplished:
*President Obama put into place polices that stopped the 800,000 jobs that hemorrhaged EACH MONTH. He just prevented us from entering the second greatest US Depression.
* Froze White House salaries as soon as he entered office.
* Saved the auto industry, forced GM to restructure and do away with bad finacial practices before bailing them out to save 1.4 million jobs.(a.)Chrysler Group it has repaid its U.S. loans of $5.1 billion "in full, with interest, six years early," according to a fact-sheet from Katie Merx, financial communications manager for the reorganized company.(b.)Chrysler Financial Services, now TD Auto Finance, has paid off its loan of $1.5 billion — and taxpayers made $22 million on the deal, according to the Treasury Department and ProPublica.(c.)In April 2010, GM repaid their government loan, in full, with interest, five years ahead of the original schedule.
* He pushed for increased fuel economy standards for vehicles beginning with the 2011 model year. It was the first time such standards had been increased in a decade.
* Ordered 65 executives who took bailout money to cut their own pay until they paid back all bailout money.
* Negotiated deals with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals. O_o
* Cracked down on companies that deny sick pay, vacation and health insurance to workers by abusing the employee classification of independent contractor. Such companies also avoid paying Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance taxes for those workers.
* Prevented drug companies from blocking generic drugs.
* He signed an order banning gifts from lobbyists to anyone in the Executive Branch.
* He completed the TARP financial and banking rescue plan began during the Bush administration, and recovered virtually all of its costs.
* Located and ordered the killing of Osama bin Laden.
* Mandated insurance coverage of autism treatment.
* He pushed through and got passed Dodd-Frank, one of the largest and most comprehensive Wall Street reforms since the Great Depression. He made it so that banks could no longer use depositors money to invest in high-risk financial instruments that work against their own customers' interests.
* He funded Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with an extra $1.4 billion to improve veterans’ services.
* Ended the “Stop-Loss” program of forcing troops to stay in service beyond their expected commitments.
* He made sure that families of fallen soldiers could be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB, by providing funding for it. He also ended the media blackout on coverage of the return of fallen soldiers.
* Reduced the Veterans Benefits Administration claims backlog and
Instituted electronic record keeping for the Veterans Benefits Administration.
* Developed a comprehensive cyber security and response strategy.
* Required companies to disclose personal information data breaches.
* Allowed Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices
* Capped interest rates on payday loans and improve disclosure.
* Expanded the Family Medical Leave Act to include leave for domestic violence or sexual assault.
#6 Oct 9, 2012
What good is the health care bill other than to give people another excuse to stay on the welfare system. It covers kids to 26 too - my kids are self sufficient. They are hard working and have their own insurance. And yet I still pay a premium for them. My insurance has gone to crap since the company started to phase in the rule and one i used to work for would rather pay the fines than have to follow this law.
Salaries - http://gawker.com/5818310 The White House released its annual salary report last week, and as usual, it's nice to work for Barack Obama: Most staffers who were there for more than a year got a salary bump. A bigger one than you did. Written - in 2011
Saved the auto industry - did the airline industry fail? No - they went through bankruptcy and some failed and some are stronger. Why is the auto industry special? GM - has repaid nothing. What has been repaid has been with govt loans and they want the govt hand out of their pockets not too.
Payday loans - should be abolished. It is nothing more than legal loan sharking.
If Obama was so good to the military - why do the vast majority support Romney or not Obama?
Located and ordered killed Bin Laden - really? Say go maybe - not located. That is what the seals are trained for if allowed to do their job. And still there is dissent there between the seals and the administration.
What about - amnesty? Reagan tried it and said he regretted it. Its a serious slap in the face of those that are here illegally.
What about 2 credit rating reductions - oh i know - blame bush
That was good though. Finally someone to put some thought into the response. Thank you. Something to think about. I dont have the time to go through each one - but maybe he has done a little good. A lot of money spent and I dont agree that it was a good thing but maybe it leveled things off a little.
#7 Oct 18, 2012
The auto industry wasn't bailed out for the companies, it was to save the WORKERS jobs, so 2 or more million auto workers wouldn't be out of a job and their homes. Last I heard GM had paid back 4 billion on their last loan payment. The bailout was a stinking pile like the bank bailout but we had to do it or sink deeper. People don't realize how close we came to a full blown Great Depression. Whether people like it or not, President Obama kept us from going under. The fact is if you have lights on where you live and food in the fridge you are not as bad off as when Obama took office. Work is out there for those who will stop whining and look for jobs instead of waiting to be handed a high paying job like the one they had.
Let me remind people what loosing 800,000 jobs a month looked like during the Bush Trickle Down administration. Why return to those same policies that caused this? https://s3.amazonaws.com/obama.3cdn.net/c8c0e...
The Credit Rating Reduction was caused by Congress digging in it's heals on not wanting one dollar more in taxes for the top 1%. Our government has been totally useless because people who have been bribed by special interest and corporate lobbyists flat out refuse to help all Americans in order to protect their "sponsors" who have 90% of America's money. Romney's won't make anyone give up tax loop holes. I seriously doubt he will cut back on military defense contracts when the top 5 are donating to his campaign.
Do you know some of those military contractors outsource security jobs to locals in wars zones? What's wrong with paying US military service members to do a job they were trained to do? Do you understand why Americans get attacked so easily in foreign countries now? Special interest and money still controls a growing corrupt system. It will until Corporate Money is removed from our elections, our legislation process and for God's sake please, from our Defense Department.
I doubt you heard, but to get the Hispanic vote Romney has flipped again and is now saying he will allow illegals to stay in this country and get an eduction. I think that's what you called amnesty.
On the Christian aspect of this election. I for one am applaud that the most respected preacher of our time removed information about Mormonism being a cult and not a religion from his web site. I never thought I would see the day come when Reverend Billy Graham caved on his convictions for pieces of silver. In my gut I know his son Franklin was behind this but I will never ever donate to anything with the Grahm name on it ever again. You can't serve two masters without dishonoring both.
People seriously need to check out what Mormons believe and what is in the Book of Mormon before you vote for a Mormon President who puts his faith and money behind a book of lies. Check out the CONTROVERSIAL BELIEFS: LDS authorities and church manuals have taught that Jesus is the “literal” Son of God whose fleshly body was physically “conceived” and “begotten” by Heavenly Father and Mary in the same way that children are begotten.(Mormon Doctrine, p. 742; Family Home Evening, 1972, pp.(God had real sex with someone. Some call her the female aspect of God or a Goddess. And yes they believe people can become Gods.)
#8 Nov 3, 2012
#9 Nov 17, 2012
Check it out.
#10 Dec 16, 2012
Posted on Topix Asheville 12/15/2012
As if the child sexual molestations and union violence aren't enough up north, now we have an unbelievable mass murder in Connecticunt. And this is a cultural thing. Here in the South, we are family oriented and attend church Sundays and Wednesdays. We are moral. The northern states, on the other hand, are morally bankrupt with very low church attendance, rampant sexual perversion, rampant crime. The north could learn a thing or two from us Southerners.
If you do not like this post you can call the author and tell him what you think @ eight two eight two one six seven zero five one
Add your comments below
|Word of Faith and Rutherford County (Sep '10)||Jul 19||birthers crap||17|
|Tryon Music Thread (Jul '16)||Jul 10||Musikologist||2|
|Proposes a gas tax on recreational vehicles (Jul '08)||Jul 2||Defeat Maxine Waters||33|
|Wild Roots||Jun '17||answering U||2|
|Chimney Rock Park fall victim identified (May '08)||May '17||Lizz roman||227|
|Hookers in Hendo (Apr '12)||May '17||Double D||8|
Find what you want!
Search Mill Spring Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC