How bad is Bassett? 200 job openings ...

How bad is Bassett? 200 job openings bad.

Posted in the Milford Forum

NYP

Herkimer, NY

#1 Jun 2, 2015
Bassett currently has 200 job openings. 200. And the mass exodus continues. Nurses, doctors, grounds, IT, managers, directors, vice presidents, hell even the COO just left. By comparison St Luke's in Utica? 33 openings, and like Bassett, that includes their affiliates. St. Elizabeth's Hospital? 31. TOGETHER both those hospitals have less than 1/3 the openings Bassett has. Together. I suppose if anyone has any questions on what it is like to work at Bassett or how they treat their employees, that number should be a good answer. 200. If you go there and drop something, pick it up. Housekeeping won't. There is 8 openings. Nevermind Bassett affiliate Fox Hospital earlier this year being named one of the 10 worst hospitals in the country! Yes our little hospital made the NEW YORK POST, for all the wrong reasons. Sad, as years ago Bassett had a reputation for being one of the best hospitals around. You think they told new CEO Vance Brown what he was really getting into? I think not. Mary Imogene must be rolling in her grave.
CNYand proud

Cooperstown, NY

#2 Jun 24, 2015
....have no idea who you are or how you have come to have your "opinions"....but rest assured....Bassett is a stand up employer and is proud of its staff. We have our challenges, as does any employer. But I would rather get my healthcare there than any place else in CNY --- hands down. As far as the COO, this person was asked to leave to help improve the culture and bring the hospital back to a place of pride for its entire organization. Bassett is improving in ways that the Utica hospitals only wish they were. Sorry, you are misinformed.
never go there again

Bronx, NY

#3 Jun 28, 2015
CNYand proud wrote:
....have no idea who you are or how you have come to have your "opinions"....but rest assured....Bassett is a stand up employer and is proud of its staff. We have our challenges, as does any employer. But I would rather get my healthcare there than any place else in CNY --- hands down. As far as the COO, this person was asked to leave to help improve the culture and bring the hospital back to a place of pride for its entire organization. Bassett is improving in ways that the Utica hospitals only wish they were. Sorry, you are misinformed.
If the horror stories are even partly true bassett should be shut down. If they are so good explain why there is 200 openings? 200? Thats not improving, thats absurd. If they treat their employees so well why are they clogging up every media source in the area advertising for help? The care? The stories make the utica hospitals sound good. Emergency room waits of several days? Doctors who misdiagnose or miss things altogether and nurses without a clue. I agree with the original poster in that many years ago it was an excellent hospital. These days you can't even park there. I'm not sure how parking by a river and trying to get up a hill with your leg in a cast is an improvement. Didnt help me any when I needed to get to the emergency room. Good to see one of their 6 remaining employees is on Topix. You might as well try advertising for help on here too. Obviously nothing else is working.
Jim Gasson

Cooperstown, NY

#4 Aug 23, 2015
Bassett faces many challenges. They have high rate of turnover of Doctors. The good ones seem to leave after one year. It is common knowledge that the Doctors are rushed when seeing a patient and scolded when ordering tests. It is a shame that the people of otsego have to put up with such care. Goggle latest lawsuit. Bassett and it's insurance company had to pay out millions. The poor person now is confined to wheel chair for life. Are your loves ones next?
Dirt

Utica, NY

#5 Aug 26, 2015
Bassett is an excellent care provider but is so management heavy, it's unbelievable. After 4 years, I still don't know who is the manager of what. Nothing ever gets accomplished with so many managers, the place should run like a well oiled machine. Too many chiefs making big money and two few Indians making crap money while over worked. It also sometimes is Physicians vs management, and they hide things purposely from them and don't involve them in decisions that directly affect their patients. They also make decisions for departments they barely interact with. Utica hospitals pay more even though they deny this. We tried to get a salary comparison done. They say they are competitive pay wise but with other small hospitals not even in NY state. I've met some great people who truly care for patients and staff. There are others in management who will directly insult yourself and coworkers, even in front of an HR rep, and they are not reprimanded. There's a lot of turnover in some departments but managers are not held responsible for this. No one seems to care that 5 people left a 12 person department with 1 year or Physicians go in out of the revolving door.They need to work on employee and physician satisfaction for those DIRECTLY involved in patient care and up pay rates. Eliminate a few managers and pay those who actually run/work in the department. Maybe people might stay longer and quality of care would improve. I hope Dr Brown looks at his mid level management and cleans house. Bassett needs more new blood.
be warned

Utica, NY

#6 Sep 21, 2016
Dirt wrote:
Bassett is an excellent care provider but is so management heavy, it's unbelievable. After 4 years, I still don't know who is the manager of what. Nothing ever gets accomplished with so many managers, the place should run like a well oiled machine. Too many chiefs making big money and two few Indians making crap money while over worked. It also sometimes is Physicians vs management, and they hide things purposely from them and don't involve them in decisions that directly affect their patients. They also make decisions for departments they barely interact with. Utica hospitals pay more even though they deny this. We tried to get a salary comparison done. They say they are competitive pay wise but with other small hospitals not even in NY state. I've met some great people who truly care for patients and staff. There are others in management who will directly insult yourself and coworkers, even in front of an HR rep, and they are not reprimanded. There's a lot of turnover in some departments but managers are not held responsible for this. No one seems to care that 5 people left a 12 person department with 1 year or Physicians go in out of the revolving door.They need to work on employee and physician satisfaction for those DIRECTLY involved in patient care and up pay rates. Eliminate a few managers and pay those who actually run/work in the department. Maybe people might stay longer and quality of care would improve. I hope Dr Brown looks at his mid level management and cleans house. Bassett needs more new blood.
Bassett needs to be reported to the state and closed down. Don't work there. Don't go there. Don't let the marble, flowers and polished floors fool you. They mask a huge problem.
bung

United States

#7 Oct 28, 2016
Bassett sucks
especially middle management
No thanks Bassett

Albany, NY

#8 Sep 19, 2017
One department has an opening for a supervisor , a team leader and 2 specialty nurses , offering a 15,000 sign on bonus's in many departments ( so they can get people to sign on for a long amount of time) Bassett is top heavy and experience poor! Their amount of vacancy speaks volumes people flock out of there once they have their eyes opened! The place is a stepping stone for new docs! They cling on to the little our reach hospitals and promise them the world but if staff is short at Cooperstown they pull out of the little hospitals to make themselves look good! Their docs leave without notice and their patients don't get notified until they show up for their appointment to see a new provider! I would go to Utica in. Heartbeat over Bassett! Check out their longevity! Something's not right there! They use locum docs because they can not keep their docs! It really should be investigated. Would be so interested to see how many employees leave in a months time!
Burn in hell

Bronx, NY

#9 Nov 5, 2017
No thanks Bassett wrote:
One department has an opening for a supervisor , a team leader and 2 specialty nurses , offering a 15,000 sign on bonus's in many departments ( so they can get people to sign on for a long amount of time) Bassett is top heavy and experience poor! Their amount of vacancy speaks volumes people flock out of there once they have their eyes opened! The place is a stepping stone for new docs! They cling on to the little our reach hospitals and promise them the world but if staff is short at Cooperstown they pull out of the little hospitals to make themselves look good! Their docs leave without notice and their patients don't get notified until they show up for their appointment to see a new provider! I would go to Utica in. Heartbeat over Bassett! Check out their longevity! Something's not right there! They use locum docs because they can not keep their docs! It really should be investigated. Would be so interested to see how many employees leave in a months time!
I hope that place burns to the ground and takes every last c****ucker with a yellow tag with it.
Rockland-Otsego County

Seaford, DE

#10 Feb 9, 2018
It's a rotten hospital, and they ought to be ashamed. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone- a potential employee, or God forbid, a patient. Shame on all of them there. Get your healthcare somewhere else. Place is crawling with perverts, nasty nurses, and arrogance all over the place.
Delbert

Truxton, NY

#11 Feb 20, 2018
I thing it smells sorta funny up to bassett, like a farm or something. reel bad odeer. don't want to be sick up to there. didn't there use to be a ferris wheel up there once sum time back?
Margaret Kiss my azz

Orlando, FL

#12 Mar 19, 2018
Delbert wrote:
I thing it smells sorta funny up to bassett, like a farm or something. reel bad odeer. don't want to be sick up to there. didn't there use to be a ferris wheel up there once sum time back?
You don't want to be sick at Bassett, period. The shit hole needs to be shut down. I wouldn't take my dog there. Years ago that place was the hospital other hospitals were measured against. Now it's the one everyone laughs at. When you don't just hire traveling nurses, but you also hire traveling secretaries, you're doing it wrong. Can't even keep a hospital CEO. Look up turnover in the dictionary. You don't see a pastry, you see Bassett Hospital.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Frederick Douglass' Fourth speeches trace history Jul 2 Q Anon 3
News Undocumented Immigrant Charged in Rape of 13-ye... Jun 26 ONLYONETERM 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) Nov '17 Voyeur 201
low life dads (Nov '15) Nov '15 disgusted 1
News Ny Ems, police, senator hold free public Narcan... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Streetrunner 1
Springbrook employees trespass and smoke on prv... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Dan 3
remember when (Oct '08) Jul '12 bert 6

Milford Jobs

Personal Finance

Milford Mortgages