Construction begins on $1.6 million streetscape project

Aug 5, 2010 Full story: HomeTownLife.com 16

The first coffee for Northville merchants took place Thursday morning at Genitti's to explain what's planned for the start of the $1.6-million sidewalk and streetscape improvement program.

Full Story
Tony

Troy, MI

#1 Aug 10, 2010
They always seem to be spending money there to rearrange the geography. It looks the same to me when they finish. Meanwhile, vehicle and foot traffic are always disrupted. All the stores sell overpriced crap with limited variety. But hey, if it helps the economy, have at it.
Bob

Harrisburg, OH

#2 Aug 10, 2010
Tony wrote:
They always seem to be spending money there to rearrange the geography. It looks the same to me when they finish. Meanwhile, vehicle and foot traffic are always disrupted. All the stores sell overpriced crap with limited variety. But hey, if it helps the economy, have at it.
You seem to have a problem with a city in which you do not reside. You are worried about how they spend there income from residents and you have no ability to discern any improvements. You feel that the stores sell over priced crap with limited variety. Do you feel that your vehicle and foot traffic is impeded? Have you bought over priced crap when you felt there was no variety? If not, why would you even bother posting on a message board except to whine about nothing that concerns you?
Shaq

Northville, MI

#3 Aug 11, 2010
Tony wrote:
Stay in Flint, Tony, and mind your own. Maybe you prefer investing in new strip malls and shopping at Walmart.
Tony

Troy, MI

#4 Aug 11, 2010
Shaq wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay in Flint, Tony, and mind your own. Maybe you prefer investing in new strip malls and shopping at Walmart.
Here's a newsflash. I do not live anywhere even remotely close to Flint, Michigan. As I have posted many times here, those who believe the posting city Topix shows have very little Internet or computer sophistication.

Yes, my foot, bike, and vehicular traffic is impeded by the Northville construction. I am price conscious and try not to overpay for things and am willing to forbear purchases when I think I'm being gouged.
Bob

Harrisburg, OH

#5 Aug 11, 2010
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, my foot, bike, and vehicular traffic is impeded by the Northville construction. I am price conscious and try not to overpay for things and am willing to forbear purchases when I think I'm being gouged.
If you are a resident of Northville, you have every right to take your concerns to the City Council. If you can garner up enough support you can even have this stopped. If you are not a Northville resident then please quit whining about something that does not concern you. No one forces you to walk, drive, ride, or shop in Northville.
Tony

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Aug 11, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a resident of Northville, you have every right to take your concerns to the City Council. If you can garner up enough support you can even have this stopped. If you are not a Northville resident then please quit whining about something that does not concern you. No one forces you to walk, drive, ride, or shop in Northville.
By the way, I do not live in Alger, Michigan either. You might have another HS student explain it to you. I thought kids were up to date on these things, but I guess they merely learn to press buttons without understanding the process. Maybe you have an IT teacher next semester that could help.
Bob

Harrisburg, OH

#7 Aug 11, 2010
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I do not live in Alger, Michigan either. You might have another HS student explain it to you. I thought kids were up to date on these things, but I guess they merely learn to press buttons without understanding the process. Maybe you have an IT teacher next semester that could help.
I am probably old enough to be your father and certainly old enough to be your teacher. I have no knowledge of where you live, nor do I care, be it Flint, Alger, or Northville. I simply stated "If you are a resident of Northville".

You don't seem to make much sense in your responses. Do you have some sort of problem? I am not saying this to chide you. Only to find out why your responses are so off the wall.
Shaq

Northville, MI

#8 Aug 12, 2010
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax Tony. Relax.
Bob

Harrisburg, OH

#9 Aug 13, 2010
Crickets.
Dawn

United States

#10 Aug 23, 2010
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's cool how you can change your locations like that.
How do you do it??
Do tell.
Tony

Troy, MI

#11 Aug 24, 2010
Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's cool how you can change your locations like that.
How do you do it??
Do tell.
There are many ways. Just do a little Internet research. Basically, you can be at any computer in the world and send a message, surf or whatever, from any other computer in the world that will allow it. Sometimes the other computer doesn't even realize they are allowing it. Topix shows the location of the final server and you may not want your location revealed. Personally, I find it an invasion of privacy for them to reveal that info to the public. I am continually amused at those who assume the Topix location is accurate and attack the poster based on his supposed location.
Dawn

United States

#12 Aug 24, 2010
Thank you Tony.
I appreciate the time you took to educate me.
Have a great day!
noone special

Kirkland, WA

#13 Aug 26, 2010
Why not worry about some of the residents there who will bring down the landscape of any town, look at the eyesore in south lyon that is owned by a non resident there. Northville is not immune...
Professor Irwin Corey

Germany

#14 Aug 27, 2010
noone special wrote:
Why not worry about some of the residents there who will bring down the landscape of any town, look at the eyesore in south lyon that is owned by a non resident there. Northville is not immune...
I could not have said it more better.
You must be a Road's collar.
Edmund

Netherlands

#15 Aug 27, 2010
Bob wrote:
Crickets.
Are you from our side of the pond sir Bob?
What's your favorite team?
rex

AOL

#16 Oct 21, 2010
a mess

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Volt to get ELR's battery regeneration system Dec 20 Solarman 1
fouts Dec 17 granny1949 1
Mikey Green Dec 13 HotForMikeysGirl 1
Looking for friends 40 years ago Dec 10 Treva 1
do not shop at art van (Nov '06) Dec 6 Kks 227
Immigrants bypass Detroit for suburbs Dec 6 Steve 9
Warren MI Police One Cop who needs help! (Nov '07) Dec 5 Mario 111
Milford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web