Many think God's intervention can rev...

Many think God's intervention can revive the dying

There are 18 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 20, 2008, titled Many think God's intervention can revive the dying. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

When it comes to saving lives, God trumps doctors for many Americans. An eye-opening survey reveals widespread belief that divine intervention can revive dying patients.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

DAS

Powder Springs, GA

#2 Aug 20, 2008
You will not know the HOUR ...........
Give me a Break

United States

#3 Aug 20, 2008
People are suppose to die! This is why our balance with nature is so out of whack, too much reproduction and living WELL past our "due date".
Yeah Right

Miami, FL

#4 Aug 20, 2008
They also believe in the tooth fairy.
fms

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Aug 20, 2008
Doctors suck. I stay as far away from those butchers as possible. They are in it for the money and don't give a flying crap about you or your health.
Why should they care ??. They get paid, win ,lose or draw. They literally kill people on a daily basis and there is no recourse, no guilt, nothing. So you could say they have a license to kill.
I have "ZERO" respect for today's Doctors and the Medical profession in general. I have told my wife many times, I would rather bleed to death laying in the middle of a road and die with honor and integrity than to let one of those bastards put their hands on me.
Sorry, but that is how I feel after seeing many years of their screw ups on friends and family leading to long pain and suffering while they "Practice" and succeed at nothing, and get paid to do it.
May they burn in hell.
Erika

San Antonio, TX

#7 Aug 20, 2008
I believe there can be miracles when God wants there to be.
God Helps

United States

#8 Aug 20, 2008
Isn't God too busy helping athletes win? I love how people say it is a miracle and God saved them when they live and it was God's will when they die. What a bunch of crap. Amazing the garbage people believe.
Justifiably Bellicose

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Aug 20, 2008
Erika wrote:
I believe there can be miracles when God wants there to be.
Let's just say that IF there is a God, then OF COURSE IF he wanted to he COULD prolong people's lives. The big question is, though, IS there a God?

(Then, the question is, does he intervene like that to revive the dying?)

Me, I think there is no God (agnostic), and so the people who pray may make themselves feel better but they are changing nothing.

Face it--why on earth would a human being's prayer sway God in his plan for the destinies of all his creations? Do we have the gall to think that we would give God a little tap on the shoulder and REMIND him of some valid reason for changing the plan and keeping someone alive who was fated to die?! Who alive believes that he or she can PERSUADE GOD TO CHANGE HIS MIND?! Talk about arrogant!
Justifiably Bellicose

West Palm Beach, FL

#10 Aug 20, 2008
God Helps wrote:
Isn't God too busy helping athletes win? I love how people say it is a miracle and God saved them when they live and it was God's will when they die. What a bunch of crap. Amazing the garbage people believe.
When athletes who oppose each other both pray to win, and one of them wins (duh, one of them HAD to win) what do religious people say about God then? I mean, one of the contestants didn't get his prayer granted. So doesn't that just show that God is gonna make his decisions independent of what humans are asking for, anyway?
Macumazahn

Delray Beach, FL

#11 Aug 20, 2008
Justifiably Bellicose wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say that IF there is a God, then OF COURSE IF he wanted to he COULD prolong people's lives. The big question is, though, IS there a God?
(Then, the question is, does he intervene like that to revive the dying?)
Me, I think there is no God (agnostic), and so the people who pray may make themselves feel better but they are changing nothing.
Face it--why on earth would a human being's prayer sway God in his plan for the destinies of all his creations? Do we have the gall to think that we would give God a little tap on the shoulder and REMIND him of some valid reason for changing the plan and keeping someone alive who was fated to die?! Who alive believes that he or she can PERSUADE GOD TO CHANGE HIS MIND?! Talk about arrogant!
Well put. You'll make a good atheist yet.
Yoda II

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Aug 21, 2008
What happens when they find out the world isn't flat?
WE are organisms living off another being, just like the little mites on your skin....the only one in charge is the guy we are living on, and if he jumps off a bridge in his world...we are all in trouble...Be careful what you read. If there was a GOD, would he let us fight over the fact that other's have different beliefs?

Wouldn't he want it to be clear? I am sure there are some pretty good people who believe in a GOD other than the one I believed in...does God just refuse them entry into his Kingdom becasue they are ignorant? They never knew of him, how could they worship him?

This is crazy....you people can come up with some of the greatest inventions, and discoveries imaginable, yet we all bow to the biggest scam on the planet, the church. save your money, take the kids to a ballgame, and experience life. You're going to be dissapointed when you realize at the end of it all, you are just 6 feet deep in the dirt, no Kingdom, no Glory!

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#13 Aug 21, 2008
fms wrote:
Doctors suck. I stay as far away from those butchers as possible. They are in it for the money and don't give a flying crap about you or your health.
May they burn in hell.
So true. Orthopedic surgeons are the worst. In South Florida, the orthos conspire with personal injury attorneys and perform unnecessary surgeries merely to inflate personal injury claims. The doctors and lawyers make a fortune and their poor clients are crippled for life.
thecdn

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Aug 21, 2008
"Sise, a Catholic doctor working in a Catholic hospital, said miracles don't happen when medical evidence shows death is near.

"That's just not a realistic situation," he said"

Why not?!?! Why can't your god intervene at any time? Why does it have to be a 'realistic situation'? Wouldn't that be the definition of a 'miracle'? When it's an unrealistic situation? Is that why amputees don't grow back their limbs when stupid lizards can?

Don't expect your god to do something hard or unlikely, just the easy stuff that could happen anyway and give him the credit.... But he's not 'man' enough to take the blame when things go wrong - so much for omnipotence.

Hey all you religious people, the next time you or a family member is sick or hurt, just stay home and pray. Don't go to the hospital. Don't you have faith enough in your god that he will answer your prayers? And if he doesn't, well you can fall back on "it's gods will" and would have happened anyway....
SGT

Boca Raton, FL

#15 Aug 21, 2008
God is gone. I don't blame him either. We asked Him to leave. We took Him out of schools and public places. We took Him out of the "Pledge of Allegience", so why would He want to be somewhere, where He is not wanted.
Now the same people that did all of this are now asking him for a miracle.
Talk about nerve !!!.
Doctors Suck

Miami, FL

#17 Aug 21, 2008
Well said my friend!
Patients are customers. The sicker you are the more money the medical industry makes. Why would they want to cure you? Medication doesn't cure people. It covers up the symptoms our bodies are giving. Its a shame that Big pharma runs this country (and runs the FDA). Medical standards in this country, including what is in the text books in medical school, is all decided by the pharmecuetical companies. Shame shame shame. America will stay sick as long as those money hungry bastards are in charge.
fms wrote:
Why should they care ??. They get paid, win ,lose or draw. They literally kill people on a daily basis and there is no recourse, no guilt, nothing. So you could say they have a license to kill.
I have "ZERO" respect for today's Doctors and the Medical profession in general. I have told my wife many times, I would rather bleed to death laying in the middle of a road and die with honor and integrity than to let one of those bastards put their hands on me.
Sorry, but that is how I feel after seeing many years of their screw ups on friends and family leading to long pain and suffering while they "Practice" and succeed at nothing, and get paid to do it.
May they burn in hell.
SIMPLE MINDS

Hollywood, FL

#18 Aug 21, 2008
most people are stupid and have no ability to use crtical reasoning! this article just shows how stupid people are! "god", of course can never loose with a stupid brain washed fool!
Pastafarian

Pompano Beach, FL

#19 Aug 21, 2008
Here's a good idea. Let's have 2 types of ambulances.

The first will have a 'star of life' on it and will take you to the hospital if your ill or injured. There you may be treated with the best that science has to offer.

The other will have any one of a number of religious symbols and will take you to the house of worship of your choice. There you will be treated with the best the metaphysical world has to offer.

doddy

Since: Apr 08

Fort Myers, FL

#20 Aug 21, 2008
God is dead - either that or he doesn't give a crap
Spell Checker

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Aug 21, 2008
God Helps wrote:
I wonder how he chooes between two teams which are praying.
Sad that people think that God is so imperfect that God needs to change the laws of nature to suit the DESIRES of humans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama trying to boost free community college plan (Sep '15) Aug 22 Ole Miss Heroin 60
Judge Brian MacKenzie (Oct '07) Aug 20 aej715 931
PO Box 1022, Wixom, MI 48393 (Jul '13) Aug 20 the public law ju... 49
The Tabernacle Church (Jul '15) Aug 16 grandcanyon 26
Highland green estates trailer park highland tw... (Jan '08) Aug 7 Hamsher 77
Rude EMS service Technicians (Oct '07) Jul '16 Smarten up 44
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Jul '16 Norman VN 3

Milford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milford Mortgages