Pit bull attacks dog in Milford; owne...

Pit bull attacks dog in Milford; owner turns dog over to Humane...

There are 32 comments on the Hometown Life story from Dec 6, 2006, titled Pit bull attacks dog in Milford; owner turns dog over to Humane.... In it, Hometown Life reports that:

A pit bull owned by a Milford resident was expected to be voluntarily turned over to the Michigan Humane Society this week after it reportedly attacked a Husky that was walking with its owners last Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hometown Life.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
julius Glinter

Troy, MI

#1 Dec 12, 2006
Of any breed that should be regulated is pit-bulls. It's the only dog that was breeded for fighting. We own a rottelier, and while it has a horrible reputation, in Germany in the 1800's, it was used for catlle herding. They are easy to train.And are great in obiedence trials.
Sue

Auburn Hills, MI

#2 Dec 21, 2006
julius Glinter wrote:
Of any breed that should be regulated is pit-bulls. It's the only dog that was breeded for fighting. We own a rottelier, and while it has a horrible reputation, in Germany in the 1800's, it was used for catlle herding. They are easy to train.And are great in obiedence trials.
Julius what you don't know is municipalities are also banning and regulating the Rottweiler as well. The pit bull is not the only dog breed that was bred for fighting and currently Rottweilers rank highest in fatalities in the United States while the "pit bull" is comprised of at least five different breeds.
douglas denham

AOL

#3 Dec 31, 2006
The pitbull is one breed we wish we could un-invent
a ban will come but many kids and dogs and cats will have to die first. Some animals are just not suited for house pets. Pitbulls are like playing with old sticks of tnt you may get away with doing it for awhile but as soon as you let your guard down BOOM. Pitbulls need so much more attention than the average dog that it's beyond the ablities of the average person to safely own one.
a girl in class

Edmond, OK

#4 Feb 12, 2007
well im doing an essay on pit bulls and they just rock! Reserch shows that cocker spaniels are just as capible of biting hard as pit bulls are so there!!!!!!!!!!any way im in 6th grade ,so there!!!!!!!!!!
project pat

Wichita, KS

#5 Feb 21, 2007
all pit bull are not mean just the way you rise them
project pat

Wichita, KS

#6 Feb 21, 2007
it cool to have a pit
Ellen

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Feb 26, 2007
Its how you raise your dog. I own a pit and she is the biggest baby in the world. And If they are so bad then why are they being trained as rescue dogs.
bmack

Edmond, OK

#8 Apr 10, 2007
it's amazing how ignorant people are
douglas denham wrote:
a ban will come but many kids and dogs and cats will have to die first. Some animals are just not suited for house pets. Pitbulls are like playing with old sticks of tnt you may get away with doing it for awhile but as soon as you let your guard down BOOM. Pitbulls need so much more attention than the average dog that it's beyond the ablities of the average person to safely own one.
Angelle

Westland, MI

#9 Apr 28, 2007
Pitties and Staffies are only as mean as the people that own them, most of them are also much smarter than their owners.
Judge the deed, not the breed.
You're more likely to be bitten by a lab. or a retreiver than a pit bull.
Angelle

Westland, MI

#10 Apr 28, 2007
Pitties and Staffies are only as mean as their owners, and most of them are MUCH smarter than their owners.
You're much more likely to be bitten by a lab. or a retreiver than a pit bull.
Judge the deed, not the breed.
Andrew

Mukilteo, WA

#11 Apr 30, 2007
Are you kidding me? Most of you people, especially at the beginning of this have no idea about pits. They should un-invent them? It's people like you that give pits a bad name. Ban ignorance, not pit bulls!
Eric Anderson

Westland, MI

#12 May 13, 2007
Ignorance preseeds unfair judgement. Because a certain race or color of people may end up in prison more than another should we ban them? No!
If you take time to educate yourself (which most people don't due to laziness) you will find American Pit Bull Terriors pass Temperment Testing 84.1% of the time. Which is better than Collies, Schnauzers, Chihuahua and many more. Copy and Paste to your browser http://www.atts.org/stats1.html
for unbias facts.
Pit Bulls are the best at whatever their HUMAN trains them to be. What they need to do is ban stupid owners. Require a license to breed Pits would be a good start. Maybe requiring the licensed breeders to microchip all puppies so stupid people can't just dump dogs after loosing a fight, or other abuse put on this poor breed.
Well, I'm not writting a book but hopefully this will inspire people to educate themselves a bit more. Maybe take the time to create fair and unbias laws. Instead of taking the quick way out and destroying an entire breed. Unless your a Nazi, you'll see how unfair it is.
PUNISH THE DEED, NOT THE BREED!
PitHater

Rockwood, MI

#13 May 28, 2007
This weekend while up in northern MI our neighbor came outside with two pit bull dogs while I was out with our golden retriever. Immediately the ran to attack my dog and she couldn't control them so she let the leash loose. As the one was on my dog I punched it in the hip as hard as I possibly could and the dog let loose of my dog long enough for me to get him in the house. Next time I'm going to kill that dog. Pits are high energy dogs and when people don't take the time to properly train them the dogs dominate the owner. My wife and I are expecting our first child, what if that was my kid out there? Why anyone would want a pit bull for a family pet is unknown to me. They have a purpose, but they should not be owned by someone who is unwilling to give the dog proper training.
jaydizzy

Macomb, MI

#14 May 30, 2007
i think all you people that hate the breed of pitbull are all stupid peices of crap that no much of nothing. people that hate the breed have never been around a well trained,socialized,and behaived pitbull. and if you say you have you are a lier because you would have loved the dog.PUNISH THE DEED NOT THE BREED.
5th grader

Winder, GA

#15 Jun 3, 2007
julius Glinter wrote:
The pit was not the only dog breed that was bread to fight.The rottelier is has also been bread to be a fighting dog.There was also a type of bulldog that was bread to be a fighting dog.Im in the 5th grade and smarter than when it comes to dogs.This is to Julius Glinter.
Amanda Green

Midland, TX

#16 Jul 2, 2007
First of all, I am really proud of these 5th and 6th graders who are taking it upon themselves to do some research before making their opinions known. Some of you adults should take notes!
Secondly, I myself am owned by 3 pit bulls and 1 blue heeler. One of the pits is a TDU registered Theraphy dog and all of them are AKC Good Citizens. Each dog has a unique personality. People who say that when one pit does something really bad should generate the banning of all pit bulls. That is like saying since Hitler was a bad German, we should punish all Germans for his bad choices and insanity. Come on people! Give the well-behaved dogs and their owners a chance. Banning one breed leads to the eventual banning of all breeds!
lolagreen

Manchester, UK

#17 Jul 4, 2007
THere are some very sad people in this world and its a sad person like you douglas that has resulted in our family pet being taken by the police we havent seen him for five months and we are going to court on monday the9th july to fight to get him back i dont care how much it costs there has got to be a change in the law as desent pet owners are being punished just because there are idiots out there who use these beautiful animals to fight
dog slayer

Ann Arbor, MI

#18 Jul 9, 2007
I think all dogs should be shot,my little girl was playing in our fenced yard when a pit mixed jumped our fence my lab did his best but the dog got to my baby. People are more important then animals period!
Pit Fan

United States

#19 Jul 23, 2007
douglas denham wrote:
You are crazy, you have no idea. As it has been said many times, it is how you raise them. My pit is the most loving dog, and I adopted him and the dog is best dog I have ever owned by far. I have had w/ poodles growing up to labs, and the jack russell's as an adult.
Trainer

Easton, CT

#20 Feb 15, 2008
Pit Bulls have a bad reputation due to the media attention they get. There are many different breeds worse than the Terrier. Do some investigating before you ban one of the sweetest dog breeds. Give a dog a break, it's the breeders of bad lines which should be punished.
julius Glinter wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GLWA Macomb County 13 hr LewisPiss 1
Add my snapchat- mo0bs 20 hr Amy 3
scott brazill (Jun '14) May 24 looking 3
PO Box 1022, Wixom, MI 48393 (Jul '13) May 18 michael47362 27
News The Wall Street Journal: GM to invest $1 billio... May 15 John Jeffery 1
News Train transition not going as expected: EDC May 9 Thomas and Friends 1
News Dog park attendance is on the rise May 9 One Step Beyond 3
More from around the web

Milford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE