No booze at Lu and Ruby's in Milford

Oct 16, 2008 Full story: Ferndale Pleasant Ridge Mirror

The sign on the door at Lu and Ruby's Bar and Grill says the place is closed this week for kitchen repairs.

Full Story
Former Employer

Northville, MI

#1 Oct 16, 2008
It is unfortunate what had happen to Ruby's...
Sometimes in life it is better to face your problems then run away from them because when it is all said and done the issues still stand...
Lu and Ruby's will be missed!!!
All the customers and staff were like family and I had established such a great relationship...
This is so sad and unexpected to have someone give up on such a good place with so much potential...
Ralph

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#2 Oct 23, 2008
They had good food, but were a little pricey and everytime I went in there the service was friendly, but extremely slow and disorganized.
slc

Port Townsend, WA

#3 Dec 30, 2008
Ya I been there a few times they couldn't pay but 9$ an hour. I had a friend that worked there and they made racist remarks to him. I didn't think the service was very good......
matt

Howell, MI

#4 Mar 12, 2009
the building is still open, Martha is just taking it over. When her husband owned the place, the liqour license was in her name on all 5 places that he owned. They were married and Chris wouldn't be allowed to get a liqour license because he had a record involving alcohol. Chris became in debt after their seperation, so martha and his father had power of attorney and turns out martha ran off with some nice cash from selling his place. Lu & Carl's had more than a million dollars to it's name. Owners that bought Lu & Ruby's didn't pay their stuff so Martha took it back and is now keeping it and running her own place. THis outta be good folks.
Former Employer

Clinton Township, MI

#5 May 15, 2009
Good luck I worked with her once and she is a pice of work. Can you say Dhhhhhhhhhhha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do not shop at art van (Nov '06) Sat jez 233
carmen harlan shows no compassion for mugging v... Jan 22 Priorities 8
Sat here smoking a big spiff on my one Jan 21 Notts 1
Murder in a family. Jan 20 Wondering in Minn... 1
News Briefs: Brighton Big Boy's closure only te... (Dec '13) Jan 13 cutomer 2
Judge Brian MacKenzie (Oct '07) Jan 4 Cbtls22 929
New Volt to get ELR's battery regeneration system Dec '14 Solarman 1
Milford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web