America's GM Faster new Vehicle Rollout

America's GM Faster new Vehicle Rollout

There are 37 comments on the www.usatoday.com story from Aug 5, 2009, titled America's GM Faster new Vehicle Rollout. In it, www.usatoday.com reports that:

At its first meeting, the board overseeing the new General Motors ordered management to bring some vehicles to market faster, a sign that the 13-member board will play a far larger role than the old one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.usatoday.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eddie Cabbage

United States

#21 Aug 9, 2009
eric wrote:
<quoted text>but rushing production when they have had quality problems isnt the way to do it
Just look at the Camaro, it took 5 years from concept to production and now they are faced with a plethora of quality defects that are making it all the way until the end-use customer.

Some of the cars have inoperable headlights and windshield wipers, that is completely unacceptable, not to mention dangerous and illegal.
glenn

AOL

#22 Aug 9, 2009
They should have keep Pontiac untill they could have rolled out more models of Buick and Chevy to preserve there market share...
eric

Monroe, WI

#23 Aug 9, 2009
the Camaro was never known for its reliability as far as i know,its supposed to be fast and fun to drive,but, quality problems will cost GM plenty for sure esp now with the price of cars and alot more competition compared to 20 years ago
Funk Doobiest

United States

#24 Aug 9, 2009
eric wrote:
the Camaro was never known for its reliability as far as i know,its supposed to be fast and fun to drive,but, quality problems will cost GM plenty for sure esp now with the price of cars and alot more competition compared to 20 years ago
The warranty costs alone will ensure that GM never makes a profit on the vehicle. Buy one now while it's still on the market.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#25 Aug 10, 2009
Funk doobiest, eddie cabbage, the boss,
all truckin - a bitter man with hate in his heart.
Eddie Cabbage

United States

#26 Aug 10, 2009
JJFADS - the man/woman without a computer on the weekend. Never leaves Shreveport.

Dallas, TX.

#27 Aug 10, 2009
Not hardly..
Youíre just mad because we have exposed the hate in your heart yet again.
Eddie Cabbage

United States

#28 Aug 10, 2009
Back to topic, where are the GM products? Where is the Volt? Cutting development time from 5 years down to 4 years will still relegate GM to last place.

Dallas, TX.

#29 Aug 10, 2009
Dude, why are you so anti GM???? It gets kind of old after awhile.
Eddie Cabbage

United States

#30 Aug 10, 2009
JJFADS wrote:
Dude, why are you so anti GM???? It gets kind of old after awhile.
The fact that they are now majority owned by the government and UAW has only stoked my hatred. When will you wake up and realize that the worst possible scenario for GM just took place before your very eyes and you defiantly stand there giving GM a reach around. Go purchase a new GM vehicle, that is the only way you can constructively support them, being an activist on this forum is detrimental to GM, the UAW, and the government.

Dallas, TX.

#31 Aug 10, 2009
Eddie Cabbage wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that they are now majority owned by the government and UAW has only stoked my hatred. When will you wake up and realize that the worst possible scenario for GM just took place before your very eyes and you defiantly stand there giving GM a reach around. Go purchase a new GM vehicle, that is the only way you can constructively support them, being an activist on this forum is detrimental to GM, the UAW, and the government.
I am not giving anyone a reach around, that in itself is yet another example of your tacky personality when you post on these forums. Where do you get the idea that I support GM anyhow? Where in the hell does that come from? Iím just sick of your constant negativity toward all American makers. It doesnít matter what company it is, you always chime in against the guys with some type of negativity. Further, why are you so bitter about the money? You do realize they will not always be owned by the gov. donít you? I mean really what is the problem? I didnít make the freaking laws up. Take your hate out on the government, not me! IF I were making the rules I would have let them file and not given a cent to the slimy freaks. On the other hand you canít deny the FACT that our wonderful government put up a wall at every turn for our makers, while at the same time allowing the orientals to flood our shores with cheap imports.

Hey buddy, you just keep on hating but at the end of the day those makers will keep on making and selling cars. Try to be more constructive instead of so negative.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#32 Aug 11, 2009
2010 Chevrolet Camaro
The Chevrolet Camaro can be had in a variety of packages, all based on engine choice. The base engine, a 3.6-liter V6, serves up an impressive 29 mpg highway while still delivering 304 horsepower. And diehard fans will be glad to see a beefy V8 under the hood, good for 426 horsepower. The best part is the price ó the Camaro starts at a lowly $23,040.
Availability: On sale now
Price: Starts at $23,040

a better vehicle
and less than a crappy Prius

Dallas, TX.

#33 Aug 11, 2009
How GM became the media darling overnight.

GM: Volt Expected To Get At Least 230 Miles Per Gallon
Wall Street Journal - &#8206;3 minutes ago&#8206;
General Motors Co. said the Chevrolet Volt electric vehicle is expected to get at least 230 miles per gallon, based on development testing using draft ...
GM says Volt to get 230 miles per gallon in city
The Associated Press - Tom Krisher - &#8206;8 minutes ago&#8206;
DETROIT ó General Motors Corp. said Tuesday its Chevrolet Volt rechargeable electric car should get 230 miles per gallon of gasoline in city driving,...
Chevy Volt to get 230 mpg rating
CNNMoney.com - Peter Valdes-Dapena - &#8206;13 minutes ago&#8206;
NEW YORK ( CNNMoney.com )-- The Chevrolet Volt, GM's electric car that's expected to go on sale in late ...
Chevrolet Volt Said to Get 230 Miles Per Gallon in City Driving
Bloomberg - Katie Merx - &#8206;3 hours ago&#8206;
Aug. 11 (Bloomberg)-- General Motors Co. expects its Volt electric car to earn a fuel-economy rating of at least 230 miles per gallon for ...
GM announces ... Chevrolet Volt will get 230 mpg city!
Autoblog - &#8206;2 minutes ago&#8206;
by Sam Abuelsamid (RSS feed) on Aug 11th 2009 at 8:23AM In case you missed it this morning, General Motors CEO Fritz Henderson made some big news just one ...
GM CEO: Chevy Volt to Earn 230 MPG for City Driving
StreetInsider.com (subscription)- &#8206;4 minutes ago&#8206;
GM's CEO, Fritz Henderson, is making some headlines following comments at a new-vehicle exhibition currently being held in Warren, Michigan. the new Chevy ...
Whoa! Chevy Volt Boasts 230 MPG
NBC Washington - &#8206;11 minutes ago&#8206;
The Chevy Volt, GM's much anticipated electric car, will be a sipper, not a guzzler, getting an astounding 230 miles per gallon in the city,...
230 - Number That May Make GM the Greatest Stock To Own
Motley Fool - &#8206;20 minutes ago&#8206;
Just announced on CNBC that the new GM Chevy Volt coming out next year (2010) will get a ridiculous 230 mpg in city driving....
Report: GM's Volt Will Get 230 Miles Per Gallon
The Business Insider - &#8206;29 minutes ago&#8206;
According to Wert's sources, GM's CEO Fritz Henderson will announce this morning the plug in hybrid Volt "will receive a city fuel economy rating of 230 MPG ...
GM Announcement Regarding Chevy Volt
WWJ - &#8206;34 minutes ago&#8206;
Southfield (WWJ)-- General Motors CEO Fritz Henderson holds a news conference this morning at 8 am regarding the new Chevy Volt. Henderson is expected to ...
How Does The 2011 Chevy Volt Get 230 MPG? By Making Assumptions
Green Car Reports - John Voelcker - &#8206;1 hour ago&#8206;
December 31st, 1969 If the rumors are correct, this morning General Motors CEO Fritz Henderson will finally reveal what the company's mysterious '230' ad ...
Report: Chevy Volt to get 230 miles per gallon in city
MLive.com - Jonathan Oosting - &#8206;1 hour ago&#8206;
by Jonathan Oosting | mlive.com General Motors expects the Chevy Volt to receive a fuel-economy rating of at least 230 miles per gallon for city driving,...
GM admits Volt doubts
Autocar - &#8206;21 hours ago&#8206;
General Motors has cast doubt over the long-term future of the Chevrolet Volt by claiming it may not be commercially viable and other rivals may overtake it ...
Volt Birth Watch 154: 230 MPG EPA Rating?
Truth About Cars - Edward Niedermeyer - &#8206;21 hours ago&#8206;
Folks are a bit confused by these mysterious ads. The giveaway is the music, which reveals the spot to be part of the Volt campaign,...
POLL: LEAF, Volt or neither? Which do you prefer?
Business Exchange - &#8206;Aug 9, 2009&#8206;
Filed under: EV/Plug-in, Chevrolet, Nissan We got a note the other day from Lyle Dennis over at GM-Volt about a poll he's running among his readers ...
What is 230?
All Cars Electric - Eric Loveday - &#8206;Aug 9, 2009&#8206;
December 31st, 1969 In the automotive world, one thing is almost a given....

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#34 Aug 11, 2009
seems as if the volt is way better than the Toydota pee''is
Mr Staples

Canton, MS

#35 Aug 11, 2009
I am going to buy a Volt.
tony amadoor

Athens, AL

#36 Aug 11, 2009
when is the new chevette sporty model coming out? the ss model with the high output rust, with floating shock towers, and ever popular 4.1 cad ho eng.

Dallas, TX.

#37 Aug 11, 2009
tony amadoor wrote:
when is the new chevette sporty model coming out? the ss model with the high output rust, with floating shock towers, and ever popular 4.1 cad ho eng.
Toyota built that one already.
Toyota...cricket

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PO Box 1022, Wixom, MI 48393 (Jul '13) Jul 29 Teri Smith 32
The Tabernacle Church Jul 27 Get Off My Lawn 3
News Residents can weigh in on proposed passenger ra... Jul 12 Just Say N 2
do not shop at art van (Nov '06) Jul 10 Cmwwhite 241
News Macomb County Judge Jakubowski to retire Oct. 1 (Jun '08) Jul 6 GodIsGreat 2
cheap tobacco Jul '15 Corydavis121 2
jessica edie Jun '15 gilette 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milford Mortgages