America's GM Faster new Vehicle Rollout

America's GM Faster new Vehicle Rollout

There are 37 comments on the www.usatoday.com story from Aug 5, 2009, titled America's GM Faster new Vehicle Rollout. In it, www.usatoday.com reports that:

At its first meeting, the board overseeing the new General Motors ordered management to bring some vehicles to market faster, a sign that the 13-member board will play a far larger role than the old one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.usatoday.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#1 Aug 5, 2009
Go for it.
eric

Denmark, WI

#2 Aug 5, 2009
How bad will quality suffer because of it is the question! Rather them take a extra year and get it right! the extra money they think they will make will be spent in recalls if they push it,and of course the global warming push fuel efficient vehicles out to save our environment is yet another way the enviros will screw America for their warped bs

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#3 Aug 5, 2009
and can the market support it? I am not sure GM will be able to regain their market share. A lot of people are mad since GM took a government bailout and thus won't even consider GM.
GM Broken Down

United States

#4 Aug 5, 2009
The market has spoken, and the data shows that people are trading in their GM clunkers for the Toyota Corolla, Camry, and Prius.
eric

Denmark, WI

#5 Aug 5, 2009
Tom Loy wrote:
and can the market support it? I am not sure GM will be able to regain their market share. A lot of people are mad since GM took a government bailout and thus won't even consider GM.
I think quality will speak for itself! If GM quality is up to par,folks will go to where they get more bang for the buck. I think people are really starting to realize its time to support America and folks will lean toward Ford and possibly GM in hte up coming years to support American jobs as we are now feeling the effects of losing jobs.One person mentioned folks are buying Toyota in the clunker deal,but Ford Focus is the biggest seller in this clunker deal and now that Toyota is packing up manufacturing in America,they are now closing American factories and are now and again a truly Foreign company.( they were,but,folks say buy Toyota its made in America_+) well thats done now and that will draw folks to buy American.
Mr Staples

Gulfport, MS

#6 Aug 5, 2009
We drive Toyota but we are going back to American. The quality on the Camry just doesnít cut it anymore.
eric

Denmark, WI

#7 Aug 5, 2009
ive heard that and the fact Ford quality is way up and GM is getting better, now there is no reason to buy Toyota anymore!

Dallas, TX.

#8 Aug 5, 2009
Tom Loy wrote:
I donít think so. Even now after BR and bailouts, the company continues to outsell its competitors.

Dallas, TX.

#9 Aug 5, 2009
eric wrote:
<quoted text>I think quality will speak for itself! If GM quality is up to par,folks will go to where they get more bang for the buck. I think people are really starting to realize its time to support America and folks will lean toward Ford and possibly GM in hte up coming years to support American jobs as we are now feeling the effects of losing jobs.One person mentioned folks are buying Toyota in the clunker deal,but Ford Focus is the biggest seller in this clunker deal and now that Toyota is packing up manufacturing in America,they are now closing American factories and are now and again a truly Foreign company.( they were,but,folks say buy Toyota its made in America_+) well thats done now and that will draw folks to buy American.
You are correct. Also, pertaining to the CARS handout, prior to the handout Americans were at 45%, now they are moving at 47%. Source ADA. That negates the opinion piece from the other poster above.
glenn

AOL

#10 Aug 6, 2009
GM Broken Down wrote:
The market has spoken, and the data shows that people are trading in their GM clunkers for the Toyota Corolla, Camry, and Prius.
There buying more GM's than Toyota's
eric

Denmark, WI

#11 Aug 6, 2009
Point is Glenn Toyota shouldn't even be able to take advantage of cash for clunkers.Esp now that they are moving their manufacturing back to Japan and closing all manu. plants in America.
I guess the buy Toyota because its more American then Ford or GM is out the window now isnt it?
collectivist drone

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Aug 6, 2009
eric wrote:
Point is Glenn Toyota shouldn't even be able to take advantage of cash for clunkers.Esp now that they are moving their manufacturing back to Japan and closing all manu. plants in America.
I guess the buy Toyota because its more American then Ford or GM is out the window now isnt it?
Can you provide support to the statement that Toyota is closing all manufacturing plants in America?
Joe

Oshawa, Canada

#13 Aug 6, 2009
Tom Loy wrote:
Alot of people are mad at GM for borrowing money from the Goverment.I don't understand this because they have promised to pay it back when things get better.People don't realize that Ford borrowed 23 billon from the banks just before Wallstreet and the banks screwed us all.Since the gov't bailed out all of these banks, Ford really borrowed there money from the gov't also.It just looks better to the public which are easy to fool.
eric

Denmark, WI

#14 Aug 6, 2009
collectivist drone wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide support to the statement that Toyota is closing all manufacturing plants in America?
actually they announced it a fe weeks ago did they not? Except the one in Cal.which they shared with GM building Pontiac,and GM is out,so the UAW is fighting to keep it open but Toyota cant be profitable in America as they put it.

Dallas, TX.

#15 Aug 6, 2009
Getting vehicles from concept to production has always been a sore spot for GM. Iím glad to see they are finally going to tackle this monster once and for all. It needs to happen.
collectivist drone

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Aug 7, 2009
eric wrote:
<quoted text>actually they announced it a fe weeks ago did they not? Except the one in Cal.which they shared with GM building Pontiac,and GM is out,so the UAW is fighting to keep it open but Toyota cant be profitable in America as they put it.
Link? List?

Give it a try. Should be easy. Remember that you said they are closing all American manufacturing though, so that may not be all that easy.

They will close the plant in Cali so they don't have to overpay their workforce. Easy concept.
Taxed

Plainfield, IL

#17 Aug 8, 2009
Faster rollouts. Does this bring us back to the consumer doing the road testing as in the bad old days?
Eddie Cabbage

United States

#18 Aug 8, 2009
Taxed wrote:
Faster rollouts. Does this bring us back to the consumer doing the road testing as in the bad old days?
Oh absolutely, the validation and durability testing will be done on the backs (and wallets) of the consumer.

Remember that it took GM 5 years to develop the Camaro. So if "faster" means 4 years from concept to production, then GM will still lag behind the competitors in time to market. The Union has ownership now and will drag its feet for the sake of winning concessions.

The truth has been laid out for ya.
tony amadoor

Decatur, AL

#19 Aug 8, 2009
when is the chevette coming back???
eric

Denmark, WI

#20 Aug 8, 2009
JJFADS wrote:
Getting vehicles from concept to production has always been a sore spot for GM. Iím glad to see they are finally going to tackle this monster once and for all. It needs to happen.
but rushing production when they have had quality problems isnt the way to do it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do not shop at art van (Nov '06) Wed Sugarpie 270
Jess D Lady Jane's Jul 18 JustCurious 1
SCS Council Primary Jul 18 Bub bye 4
July 13, 2017 - Lights in the Sky Jul 13 LJG 1
Kimberly Louiselle ?? Murder unsolved. Can you ... (Oct '10) Jul 11 CRDL 108
News 'Meet Your Muslim Neighbor' (Oct '09) Jul 7 TTTNB 1,124
Robert Juszczyk Jun 26 TooSad 7

Milford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance