Chrysler to build $570 million engine plant in Mexico

There are 20 comments on the Jun 2, 2007, St. Louis Post-Dispatch story titled Chrysler to build $570 million engine plant in Mexico. In it, St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that:

Chrysler Group said Friday that it will build a $570 million engine plant in Mexico to assemble the "Phoenix" V-6 engine. via St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

ROCC

Ann Arbor, MI

#104 Nov 11, 2011
This almost makes our corrupt hiring practices look good. In Mexico, the drug cartels decide who works for Chrysler. They run Mexico, and they WILL run Chrysler plants in Mexico. Very soon, Chrysler LLC will be painfully aware of how expensive cheap labor can be.
The Truth

Macomb, MI

#105 Nov 11, 2011
ROCC wrote:
This almost makes our corrupt hiring practices look good. In Mexico, the drug cartels decide who works for Chrysler. They run Mexico, and they WILL run Chrysler plants in Mexico. Very soon, Chrysler LLC will be painfully aware of how expensive cheap labor can be.
Chrysler knows how painfully and expensive it can be having a plant in mexico, they get their HEMI Engines full Semi Trucks hijacked all the time, they have to have security on each truck riding shotgun with, no pun intended, with a Shot Gun
Bomb Mexico

San Luis Obispo, CA

#106 Nov 11, 2011
I just hope that now they are building Chrysler in Mexico,they will at least have bullet proof windshields.I'll never buy a Chrysler now.Will they fall apart the next day just like everything else made in Mexico?Are the seats going to be filled with mule dung?
bobber

Kenosha, WI

#107 Nov 11, 2011
Our country is in bad shape Buying a car from another country does not help our country.Buying as much American made products will help our country.If you can drive any car other than the big three's you are very much the problem we are having in this country.Wake up.Stick together and build America strong.I know you feel guilty for driving those non American cars,I can see it in your face when I pull up next to you in my BIG RAM.
trim needed !

Crown Point, IN

#108 Nov 11, 2011
Just remember since the Japan disaster they will be using junk parts and pot metal, which is very brittle and corodes very easy, no way would I buy a jap car
Big baller

Palmdale, CA

#109 Nov 11, 2011
Thanks for the 700billion baleout to help Mexico we are cutting out the middle class rich are stupid more middle class more sales!!!!!!!!!!
Stud

Warren, MI

#110 Nov 12, 2011
In 2008, Chevrolet exported exactly one vehicle to Japan for every 400 Toyotas exported to the U.S. Throw in the Japanese firm’s production at its U.S. transplants, and the ratio is even more lopsided: Chevrolet sold one vehicle in Japan for every 1,300 Toyotas sold in the U.S.
Ford sold about 2,500 vehicles in Korea last year, compared to nearly 330,000 Hyundai and Kia vehicles imported to the U.S.
In my state most immigrants drive foreign vehicles,it shows who they support!
detroit sucks

Detroit, MI

#112 Nov 12, 2011
that s why i bought my honda
trim needed !

Lebanon, IN

#113 Nov 12, 2011
IPOD wrote:
please tell me there is a city in michigan , named "mexico"...
No, there is one called hell
PATRIOT

Warren, MI

#115 Nov 13, 2011
No problem,you'll be out of a job soon enough,that is if your not already!
Jeepgirl 23

Ann Arbor, MI

#116 Jan 26, 2012
Ironic, isn't it? How do we get the American public to "Buy American" while our bosses build factories in Mexico? If Chrysler has no loyalty to America, "Buy American" has lost all its luster.
Herc

United States

#117 Feb 7, 2012
dukdodgers wrote:
Now thats loyalty, isn't it Michigan? This is why I won't buy an American car! All the wages stay in Mexico and only the top profit comes back to the US, and not to any worker. My Honda was built in Marysville, OH. Americans getting paid good wages. Which is the foreign car, look at the sticker before you answer!
But...the profits go back to a foreign country to support foreign militaries. If you think that is harmless you are mistaken. You just haven't seen the result....yet! The foreign auto companies just cover their expenses here and could move operations back at the blink of an eye. Don't be mistaken, they have no warn, fuzzy place for you in their hearts.
Herc

United States

#118 Feb 7, 2012
detroit sucks wrote:
that s why i bought my honda
I like your name. Pretty ignorant. If you went to any other state and pointed to where you live on a map you would be from DETROIT! How do you like that chitlin?!:-0
American viewer

Guaymas, Mexico

#120 Feb 13, 2013
Hey US people, time to study geography, not so late.
America embrace from Canada to Argentina.!Open your eyes!. By the way, if you donīt want the big companies built factories in other countries than US (not America), donīt blame the other countries but yourselves to do such a thing.
Known

United States

#121 Feb 13, 2013
American viewer wrote:
Hey US people, time to study geography, not so late.
America embrace from Canada to Argentina.!Open your eyes!. By the way, if you donīt want the big companies built factories in other countries than US (not America), donīt blame the other countries but yourselves to do such a thing.
Wtf r you trying to say beaner
Mitch

Tijuana, Mexico

#122 Feb 27, 2013
Farfel wrote:
My Toyota was built in Tennessee. That's what I call an American car. Detroit my ass.
They use no US tooling in their plants, all tier one parts come from Japanese stamping plants. Try again . They have us content for car parts but the capital tooling and major metal come from Japan or a Japanese partner.
Chinese and Proud

Detroit, MI

#123 Mar 1, 2013
All you dumb Americans are lazy and stupid on top. You to lazy to work well and then you so stupid you wont even support your own country. The Chinese and Mexican come here to take all the job your lazy self wont take. Lazy American go to Mexico to take a job? How funny and stupid is that statement. Americans to lazy to work a good job in your own country. No problems to you dumb lazy Americans. The Chinese and Mexican will continue to come to USA to work for you. Also we build products for you in our Countries too. Backlash against us? no worry dumb lazy American. Soon we will be number 1 in world. Soon smart American swim to China get job shine shoe of rich Chinese factory worker.
ASIAN LATIN AFRO MID EAST

United States

#124 Mar 2, 2013
You no ASian you another US war monger/war-for-profiteers who is trying to incite other nations to wars!
tim t

Salisbury, NC

#125 Apr 6, 2013
freightliner trucks are in the same boat, all american made, but 90% of the trucks are built in mexico, big new 330 million dollar plant, while people in nc get laid off. when your title begins with Daimler, they could give a shit about jobs here as long as we continue to buy there mexico built with the american uaw built sticker in the wind shied pass offs, close the damn border for a day and this country would shut down. last word, all of the big company's out there(new prime, western express, snider, walmart, us xpress, and the list goes on, u haul all american freight , but u buy a truck thats built in mexico, when all you have to say is i won't my freightliner truck built in cleveland, nc not mexico
tim t

Salisbury, NC

#126 Apr 6, 2013
Chinese and Proud wrote:
All you dumb Americans are lazy and stupid on top. You to lazy to work well and then you so stupid you wont even support your own country. The Chinese and Mexican come here to take all the job your lazy self wont take. Lazy American go to Mexico to take a job? How funny and stupid is that statement. Americans to lazy to work a good job in your own country. No problems to you dumb lazy Americans. The Chinese and Mexican will continue to come to USA to work for you. Also we build products for you in our Countries too. Backlash against us? no worry dumb lazy American. Soon we will be number 1 in world. Soon smart American swim to China get job shine shoe of rich Chinese factory worker.
hey just kidiinng, were the lazy dumb ass people,your so funny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PO Box 1022, Wixom, MI 48393 (Jul '13) Sun Reader 25
do not shop at art van (Nov '06) Apr 24 chelsea 239
Anyone know... Apr 19 HerOldNeighborChels 1
Basketball hoop ordinance Apr 17 bocce ball 4
News WZZM13 - Some worry sluggish Michigan economy c... (Jul '07) Apr 12 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 41
News News Briefs: Brighton Big Boy's closure only te... (Dec '13) Apr 10 Tom 4
News Faith in divine intervention overpowers medical... (Aug '08) Apr 1 Melinda 7
More from around the web

Milford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]