A no small factor in America's sad ec...

A no small factor in America's sad economy/job market!

Posted in the Milford Forum

Since: Apr 09

San Antonio, TX

#1 Aug 11, 2009
You see them almost everywhere: jobless people with homes in foreclosure. On some driveways are Hondas or Toyotas.

Jobless people driving foreign, putting even more Americans out of work. Ugh!

How come? Well, the Japanese have been luring us for years. They give their cars American names. Media promote them! They flood us with ads.“We wanna be cool, drive foreign.” But how cool are we jobless?

As to quality-scare pitches Japanese car salespeople use to trash American cars, check the March J.D. Power report: For reliability, Buick tops Lexus; Lincoln & Mercury in top 5. Today, differences between Japanese and American exist only in minds influenced by BIASED media.

For 20 years now media have been touting Japanese and knocking American. Yes, supposedly FOR FREE, our own media help sell MILLIONS of Japanese cars. This make it tough for our companies to compete. And because the Big 3 are an enormous factor in our economy, as much as a fifth of it, this costs America JOBS, JOBS!

But the Japanese say,“We give jobs. We build cars here.”

SO, they assemble SOME here. Get people to think:“They’re built here, they’re American.” B.S! They’re still foreign and profits from them go back to Japan!

But MOST, yes MOST, Japanese vehicles sold here are built in Japan and shipped here by boat!

Then there’s this: Every year Japanese parent-corporations in Japan get about 31% of their income from car sales in America. Billions that feed Japan’s economy.

We’re Japan’s cash cow! This, despite our almost 50 million people with no health care, 37 million in poverty including 18% of our kids, 77,000 bridges needing repairs, interstate highways crumbling, city schools deteriorating, and unemployment at 10%+ in many states, 15.2 in Michigan.

Considering our desperate needs, we let the Japanese feed on us? Can we build cars in Japan? No! They impose costs that make it financially unworkable. In ‘08 they bought 10,000 and in return sold us 4 MILLION! Fair trade?

And how about this?: They’ve even refused to buy apples from us! In effect, they close their 160 million-people market to us.

The Japanese get away with this stuff? Yep! They have a powerful lobby in D.C. They just swallowed a huge part of the Clunkers program. Foreign car buyers also get rebates. This has spiked Asian sales. Just what we don't need: more people here buying foreign, costing us more jobs! But Japan and S. Korea are delighted! And just think: we could have had a program that puts hundreds of thousands Americans back to work. Instead, we got one that will cost us more jobs. Duh!

As to parasite 2, S. Korea, in ‘08 these people sold us 800,000 cars and in return bought 6,000 of ours. Fair trade?

Another bummer: oodles of Big 3 dealers have conflicts; they also sell Asian cars. So, they don't advertise and push:“DRIVE AMERICAN!” If they did, they’d sell lots more American. They’d put thousands back to work. Yes, dealers could really help our economy. Instead, they add to our woes.

Anyway, our “FOREIGN-CAR-I-TIS,” fueled for 20 years by our own media, has finally caught up with us. It has cost America a million jobs! And if we continue blind to this, we could lose up to 4 million.

But here’s some hope: With U.S. backing, GM and Chrysler will be stronger. Nevertheless, the Asians are licking their chops hoping our companies fail so they can devour our industry. Shall we continue helping them?

NO! NO! Let’s get wise and back the new GM and Chrysler, as well as Ford, which on its own is reinventing itself. Of late, Ford’s market share has been gaining. Hopefully, we’re waking up: CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME, not in Japan or S. Korea!

Next time lease or buy AMERICAN!

P.S. More on quality: in 2006, Toyota was under criminal investigation for hiding safety defects:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/07...

P.S.S. Kindly send this to others.

“Crusty & Buttery Like Bread”

Since: Oct 08

Yarmouth Port, MA

#2 Aug 11, 2009
Blame the unions.

Foreign cars are better

Since: Apr 09

San Antonio, TX

#3 Aug 12, 2009
CrustyC,

What's your opinion against millions of others!

But in Japan they love you for expressing it. You help them get jobs and build their economy.

“redneckognize”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE who="iluvAmerica
[/QUOTE]

People don't drive foreign cars because they are cool, they drive them because they are made very well and you get more for your money. American cars, IMO, just don't cut the mustard. Seems a lot of other people agree, thus all the foreign cars on the road.

The unions make it tough for America to compete not the media.
Blame the "50 million people with no health care, 37 million in poverty including 18% of our kids, 77,000 bridges needing repairs, interstate highways crumbling, city schools deteriorating, and unemployment at 10%+ in many states, 15.2 in Michigan" on your greedy government and greedy unions not Japan. You can also blame the cash for clunkers portion of your comment on the government too. Why didn't the government put a restriction on that so you could only buy an American car with that rebate? I don't know. Not Japan's fault though.

People will buy more American made cars when American cars are made at the same quality as foreign cars are at the same price. The proof is in the pudding. It's not my or anyone elses job to keep American companies going and people in jobs just because they are American (even though it seems we are with all OUR money being given to them to keep them afloat).
Supply, demand, quality should entice people to buy a product. Oh, but lookie there, my tax money will now help out American cars and I don't even have to buy one.

I drove American made cars all my life some were so so, some were aweful, none lasted that long. Now I have a Japanese one. It's fantastic and I will continue to buy them until an American car comes out that can compare to my car now. I'll wait....

“Crusty & Buttery Like Bread”

Since: Oct 08

Yarmouth Port, MA

#5 Aug 12, 2009
BTW, Rita is actually me up there, but somehow it logged in under an old account I don't use anymore.

So anyway, question answered.
Rick from Oak forest

Chicago, IL

#7 Nov 13, 2009
Boy this iluvAmerica chick is a real piece of brain-damaged, partisan work.

She does this same moronic schtick over and over with different titles on different blogs. Just do a google search for iluvAmerica and you'll find them.

I busted her for her lies and propaganda on one of her threads and of course she cut and ran away when she couldn't defend herself.

She sure loves being condescending and insulting to the people that don't agree with her!

Here's the thread link: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oak-forest-il...

Trust me ... it's worth a good read!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News July's Fatima Day at the Shrine in Holliston Jul '16 debbie 1
News Mendon police officer files US suit alleging an... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Cleef 1
Sydney bushard (May '16) May '16 Hot girl 1
News Hotel Guard Charged With Sex Assault On Child (Jun '06) May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
News Caught on video: Brouhaha at Denny's in Leominster (Apr '16) Apr '16 Kevin yo mommie i... 2
News Seniors support housing proposal - Sentinel & E... (Dec '08) Apr '16 Stair 8
News Arrest Log: 1/2/2010 (Jan '10) Mar '16 jsantaigo 5

Milford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milford Mortgages