Pittsfield $100K bail for alleged shooter charges in connection...

A convicted felon who allegedly shot at a man as he stood in front of a West Side building where children were playing is being held on high bail at the county jail. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
frauds

Clifton Park, NY

#2 Mar 31, 2009
Here we go with the marijuana law could have prevented this...What a crock!
joe schmoe

Lee, MA

#3 Mar 31, 2009
A convicted felon who allegedly shot at a man as he stood in front of a West Side building where children were playing is being held on high bail at the county jail.
Pittsfield police arrested Cory A. Moody, 20, of Second Street, late Friday night, and charged him with armed assault with intent to murder and other charges.

Moody smiled and acknowledged family members as he was led by guards into Central Berkshire District Court Monday morning for his arraignment, during which not-guilty pleas were entered on his behalf

he thinks this all a joke due to the fact that the court system has let him slide time and time again. He is a career criminal time to get him off the street for as long as possible. When does society get a break from someone like this?
joe k

Delmar, NY

#4 Mar 31, 2009
Don't blame the new law on pot for this abhorent act. These people are career criminals who wake up with intent every day. Every city and town has them. Life long losers shooting at life long losers. The circumstances change, but to do so, in the presence of children is beyond belief and should be harshly punished. If you look at states who have three strike laws there are more pot smokers and thieves serving life than rapists and murderers. Imagine that!!!

Since: Nov 08

Williamstown, MA

#5 Mar 31, 2009
Ironically, police may have been able to prevent the shooting if the state hadn't weakened its marijuana possession law. Moody and Aulisio were among those traveling in a car that was stopped for speeding several hours prior to the shooting, and officers said they found a partially smoked marijuana cigarette in the car. Neither man could be detained, however, since last year's referendum effectively decriminalized possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.

This is total crap!!
So if the cop found a joint in the car that means he searched it right?Well maybe the officer should of looked the gun better.and becides they would of been processed and bailed in an hour and a half so that is just a low blow to the voters by saying see what happens when you legalize drugs
noitall

Springfield, MA

#6 Mar 31, 2009
3 weapons charges already he should have been locked up already juvy or not thats just apreview if you ask me and hes gotten more bolder and as for ryan lock him up for good too that boy has been causeing havoc since last summer
Mad Blackmon

Southampton, MA

#8 Mar 31, 2009
To all you potheads out there ... get a friggin' grip. A car full of "gang bangers" wearing gang paraphernalia get stopped by the fuzz. The fuzz know half the dudes and dudettes in the car, cuz most of them got lengthy crim records and such. The irony is if the weed law wasn't watered down, this shooting, which took place about three hours later, wouldn't have happened at least for that day!!! All these punks would have been at the station getting processed and such, a procedure that takes time. So just maybe they wouln't have been back on the streets right away thinking aobut guns and violence and such. Oh yah, how bout if your kid was almost shot at by bullets? How you like dat? Huhhhhh? These fuckers should all be strung up and beaten in public. They all little dick ass hole wanbee gangstas. wouln't last 2 minutes in New YOrk. They a joke.

Peace
noitall

Springfield, MA

#9 Mar 31, 2009
they probably would have let them go anyway just like they have in the past car jackings gun charges and shooting in broad day light ther motto is f the police
Tabitha G

Westfield, MA

#10 Mar 31, 2009
Mad Blackmon wrote:
To all you potheads out there ... get a friggin' grip. A car full of "gang bangers" wearing gang paraphernalia get stopped by the fuzz. The fuzz know half the dudes and dudettes in the car, cuz most of them got lengthy crim records and such. The irony is if the weed law wasn't watered down, this shooting, which took place about three hours later, wouldn't have happened at least for that day!!! All these punks would have been at the station getting processed and such, a procedure that takes time. So just maybe they wouln't have been back on the streets right away thinking aobut guns and violence and such. Oh yah, how bout if your kid was almost shot at by bullets? How you like dat? Huhhhhh? These fuckers should all be strung up and beaten in public. They all little dick **** hole wanbee gangstas. wouln't last 2 minutes in New YOrk. They a joke.
Peace
I'm trying to understand your point but you're all over the place. I agree with the fact that the shooting would've happened at a different time. And they do deserve to be strung up and no I wouldn't want it to be anyone's kid. But you really need to check your English you're making yourself sound very uneducated with all the slang, broken sentences and foul language. Peace!
lock him up

North Adams, MA

#11 Mar 31, 2009
these people have no place in socity.there terible.never let this guy out!!!!!
lock him up

North Adams, MA

#12 Mar 31, 2009
That Whole moody family is the town trash.the should be thrown in jail!!!
noitall

Springfield, MA

#13 Mar 31, 2009
send them all back to newyork let them deal with there criminals let them take care of them from 7 to 10
Yago

Southwick, MA

#14 Mar 31, 2009
Listen to all you hippie liberals. Sometimes, events in time are actually changed because a law is enforced. Maybe these criminals would have been arrested for the possession, at least stopping the shooting that day. What if a child had been killed? Doesn't matter to you softies, because next you will be defending them saying they should be let free because they had a bad upbringing. Give me a break.
question

Easthampton, MA

#15 Mar 31, 2009
How did the cops find a half of a joint (which is about an inch long) and not find a gun????

Since: Mar 09

Clifton Park, NY

#16 Mar 31, 2009
Yago wrote:
Listen to all you hippie liberals. Sometimes, events in time are actually changed because a law is enforced. Maybe these criminals would have been arrested for the possession, at least stopping the shooting that day. What if a child had been killed? Doesn't matter to you softies, because next you will be defending them saying they should be let free because they had a bad upbringing. Give me a break.
everybody here saying throw them in jail and keep them there what the hell are you talking about, softies? i agree with all people on here career criminals, get rid of them before they kill somebody
robbie

Albany, NY

#17 Mar 31, 2009
lock him up wrote:
That Whole moody family is the town trash.the should be thrown in jail!!!
wasnt another moody sent to prison last year for shootings also?
Tony

Lee, MA

#18 Mar 31, 2009
question wrote:
How did the cops find a half of a joint (which is about an inch long) and not find a gun????
Due to the time between the car stop and the shooting, maybe the gun wasn't in the car at the time of the stop.
The Pitts

Clifton Park, NY

#19 Mar 31, 2009
question wrote:
How did the cops find a half of a joint (which is about an inch long) and not find a gun????
everyone keeps making this same comment, it's obvious the gun wasn't in the car when they were stopped earlier that day. you idiots
system

Clifton Park, NY

#20 Mar 31, 2009
If the system would have steped in and takin these kids from their low life parents along time ago and given them the guidance and help that they needed they might have had a chance in life, instead they wait till they are grown and mentaly fucked in life and it's to late
frauds

Clifton Park, NY

#21 Mar 31, 2009
Yago wrote:
Listen to all you hippie liberals. Sometimes, events in time are actually changed because a law is enforced. Maybe these criminals would have been arrested for the possession, at least stopping the shooting that day. What if a child had been killed? Doesn't matter to you softies, because next you will be defending them saying they should be let free because they had a bad upbringing. Give me a break.
You sir are an idiot!They deserve to be put in jail, no question about it.What if a child was killed?What if? what if?I do not see anyone defending the guys at all.I do however see people taking cheap shots at a law that WE passed.I do not understand why the police have to use scare tactics to sway people into thinking the marijuana law is a bad thing.They preached for years about how bad marijuana was , now people see with their own eyes it is not.So the new approach , cheap as it may be, is to tell people that other crimes could be prevented if the law was different ect.This crime could have also been prevented if the court held them in the first place on their prior charges, or their parents were involved with a proper upbringing, or if it was raining out and the wipers on their car did not work,or if they had a flat tire ect, see where i am going with this?..There is a lot of what ifs, why call out the marijuana law that the people voted in?It's like a slap in the face to the voters. Btw i voted for the law and i do not smoke marijuana.I educated myself about the stuff and formed my own opinion.
PJBling

Port Republic, VA

#22 Mar 31, 2009
Put Moody in prison for life. He can't be salvaged. He is a bum. His life is not worth state tax dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Podcast Dec 22 TheWorldUncensore... 1
Marlborough police log, Dec. 19 edition Dec 19 Hello 1
Suicide Prevention 'Ride of Your Life' is today Dec 14 hello 3
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Affordable Junk Removal: Family-run junk remova... (Jan '13) Dec 3 Zach 2
Bob's Discount Furniture Opening In Bellingham Nov '14 Mikey Rosenfield 2
Northbridge leads in voter turnout competition ... Oct '14 Sonny 1

Milford News Video

Milford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Milford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Milford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Milford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:37 am PST