Charges dropped against Stratford off...

Charges dropped against Stratford officers accused of leaking documents in Miron saga

There are 377 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Jan 7, 2011, titled Charges dropped against Stratford officers accused of leaking documents in Miron saga. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Charges against two police officers accused of leaking confidential information about the job application of ex-Mayor James R. Miron 's brother have been dropped.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Squat

Snook, TX

#83 Jan 10, 2011
WOW wrote:
Only 500k....
The guy who had his personal data ILLEGALLY released by former police officers will be in the MILLIONS..........
Figure a cop's pay 25-30 years, medical benefits, and even a pension..........
Oh and legal fees too!!!
Who is going to pay for that one--the Town?? 407???
He'll get enough for a good starbucks coffee.

Turned down the job after all.

Can't have it all, you know.

He'll end up paying for his own lawyer !
Blogs make me laugh

United States

#84 Jan 10, 2011
spindoctwo wrote:
all I know is that if I had done nothing then I would have demanded a trial and been vindicated. I hear blah blah blah about court costs for the three found guilty. IF they would have gone to trial and were found innocent then they would have had their costs paid for by the TOWN !!!!! fact..
so what does this say? I don't know I didn't see anyone or anything get mailed out however, maybe they did?
but don't pretend that we are all idiots out here and you get AR for nothing!!!! All three pled guilty!!!
It amazes me that people blog without the facts. Its just to get a rise out of other people.

Please I beg you to do just a little research. You will see that 95% of the cops backed the Captain & Lt & Sgt. Why? because they were innocent.

By policy & job description the LT & Capt. have the right to read any report.

By the US Supreme Court Federal Whistle Blower case they can report abuse of power, cover ups, wrong doing, unethical behavior.

Altough I dont know who released the reports mention to the Town Council it was the right thing to do to bring to light that the Chief, Deputy & his wife and Miron were hiring officers that should not be officers. This only saves the town money in the long run when bad officers do things wrong.

This arrest was an attempt to break the police union. It did not work from what I hear. This was attempt to shut up the officers who were standing up for whats lawful and right. This was attempt to personnally hurt the officers, their families by embarassing them, hurting them financially, hurting their future careers. Inteligent people see through the smoke and mirrors. As time passes. All will see who have charcter and integrity. I will give you a hint.

Captain Joseph McNeil
Lt. Orlando Soto
Sgt. Sean Farmer.

The negative blogs are by people who are in the wrong. Officers who have personnel knowledge of their own wrong doing in this matter and want to continue to put obstacles in the way of the truth so they wont get found out.
Its nice to dream

United States

#85 Jan 10, 2011
For 407 Members wrote:
IT IS TIME TO IMPEACH THE 407 PRESIDENT
Look at the cost- legal fees, questionable political contributions, the undue turmoil, the contract that is about to be forced on you, and of course a new lower benefit pension plan- and for what- to clean someone’s mess.
Under Miron a single zero percent was an adamant “NO!“—now you are being sold multiple zeros with no insurance cap—that that is supposed to be a good deal—a GOOD DEAL FOR WHO I ASK??? If you take the deal you will have less money in your pockets next year this time than you do now—WAKE UP UNION BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!!
Do you really think the release of any info was for you—if so do guess again- it was merely a poorly thought out PERSONAL attack.
This all being said it is time to impeach the 407 president. There are many members that are more than qualified to assume roles on the union board—stand up and take charge- before it is too late and your benefits are GONE.
If you think this post is BS just look at the benefits that are about to be stolen from you without a fight- benefits those previous 407 members fought for and sacrificed other allowances for. Don’t listen to the spin masters; they are only in the game for themselves.
It is time for Joe to step down—Too much has already been lost……
This is definitely one of two stratford cops. Because the last thing we would do is let Capt. McNeil go. He has more integrity and charatcer is his pinky than you do in your whole body. Keep breaking the rules and the unethical behavior. You'll get caught soon.
Too Bad

United States

#86 Jan 10, 2011
Kenny Murvin wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to thank those innocent officers for my $500,000 settlement , oh and tack on the attorney's fees for both sides.
JUSTICE COSTS MONEY. WITHOUT A GOOD LAWYER, YOU’RE AT AN IMMENSE DISADVANTAGE. WITHOUT A GOOD LAWYER, YOU COULD DO TIME FOR A CRIME YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH.
TAKE THE CASE OF KENNETH MURVIN. There’s not much justice here, just a small measure of compensation from a town in denial.
Go to Town Hides Cost of Civil Rights Violations, in file.
Town Hides Cost Of Civil Rights Violations
August 11, 2003
Meet Officer Gross Negligence -- Detective William Jennings -- and his pal Officer Deliberate Indifference -- Detective Gerald Pinto -- of the Stratford police.
Because of Jennings and Pinto, an innocent man spent six months in jail. What's going to happen to Jennings and Pinto?
Nothing.
http://www.andythibault.com/interviews-articl...
That Kenny did 6 months. I wonder if he could have gotten AR-- like a lot of criminals do.
Please do some reasearch

United States

#87 Jan 10, 2011
mr taxpayer wrote:
Keep the Union as is.... If they are willing to take ZERO'S and lose the Cap on Insurance, I, as a taxpayer am all for it!
As a matter of fact...... can we bring him over to the BOE nad make him the Union President there too?
We need someone to give away All the unions rights, I think they have too mant now....
Mr. Taxpayer. thanks for the support. If you were to research all that the cops gave back to the town during tuff times most people would have positive views of the cops that serve. Here are just a few:

1.) The Stratford Police Union was the 1st union to take out weekly medical co-pay.
2.) The Stratford Police Union was the 1st union to have a doctor’s visit co-pay.
3.) The Stratford Police Union was the 1st union to have prescription co-pay.
4.) The Stratford Police Union was the 1st union to have lowered their disability from 66 2/3 to 50%.
5.) The Stratford Police Union was the only union to ever take no raises.
6.) The Stratford Police Union contributes the most out of their weekly check to the pension out of all the unions.
7.) The Stratford Police Union changed its pension plan to a Plan B (1997).
8.) The Stratford Police union hired a medical guru to research Medical Coverage to try to save tax payers money.(paid for by the union) The Stratford Police Union succeeded in doing so.
Genius not Needed

United States

#88 Jan 10, 2011
For Council 15 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time for Council 15 to kick out JOE MCNEIL as it's VP bring back BILL JENNINGS that guy is a genius
A genius is not needed for either 407 president or council 15 VP
The only qualification is someone who acts for the benefit of ALL members not just for their own self-serving and ulterior motives.
Accel Rehab

United States

#89 Jan 10, 2011
Blogs make me laugh wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me that people blog without the facts. Its just to get a rise out of other people.
Please I beg you to do just a little research. You will see that 95% of the cops backed the Captain & Lt & Sgt. Why? because they were innocent.
By the US Supreme Court Federal Whistle Blower case they can report abuse of power, cover ups, wrong doing, unethical behavior.
Altough I dont know who released the reports mention to the Town Council it was the right thing to do to bring to light that the Chief, Deputy & his wife and Miron were hiring officers that should not be officers. This only saves the town money in the long run when bad officers do things wrong.
This arrest was an attempt to break the police union. It did not work from what I hear. This was attempt to shut up the officers who were standing up for whats lawful and right. This was attempt to personnally hurt the officers, their families by embarassing them, hurting them financially, hurting their future careers. Inteligent people see through the smoke and mirrors. As time passes. All will see who have charcter and integrity. I will give you a hint.
Captain Joseph McNeil
Lt. Orlando Soto
Sgt. Sean Farmer.
The negative blogs are by people who are in the wrong. Officers who have personnel knowledge of their own wrong doing in this matter and want to continue to put obstacles in the way of the truth so they wont get found out.
You are absolutely right, intelligent people see through smoke and mirrors—like yours.
They WERE NOT FOUND INNOCENT IN COURT—THEY PLEAD TO LESSER CHARGES AND APPLIED FOR AR.
Put whatever spin you want on it but that fact speaks volumes.
Well Said

AOL

#90 Jan 10, 2011
Blogs make me laugh wrote:
<quoted text>
Captain Joseph McNeil
Lt. Orlando Soto
Sgt. Sean Farmer.
You hit it right on the head. There are one or two fools on this blog changing names constantly who are talking nonsense.

This case was crap from the get go.

Vindictively pushed by a little vindictive man who struggled with his newfound power and ultimately failed to effectively govern.

Constructed to punish the officers and the union.

Funny thing about crap, you can smell it from a mile away and any intelligent person who reviewed the facts of this case and understands the criminal system would have smeled this one a mile off and many did predict this outcome.

Let's review for the morons here. Roughly about 12 Felony charges going in.

A half-azzed misdemeanor coming out. All felonies dismissed.

Hmmmmmm... not exactly a stellar showing. And truly indicative of the "quality" of the case here.

Now if that is your idea of a wise use of local and state resources, you are completely oblivious.

And unfortunately (for me and other Stfd taxpayers) the only civil awards, back pay, etc... I see coming are going to these two officers whose charges will be ultimately dismissed.

More Said

United States

#91 Jan 10, 2011
Well Said wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit it right on the head. There are one or two fools on this blog changing names constantly who are talking nonsense.
This case was crap from the get go.
Vindictively pushed by a little vindictive man who struggled with his newfound power and ultimately failed to effectively govern.
Constructed to punish the officers and the union.
Funny thing about crap, you can smell it from a mile away and any intelligent person who reviewed the facts of this case and understands the criminal system would have smeled this one a mile off and many did predict this outcome.
Let's review for the morons here. Roughly about 12 Felony charges going in.
A half-azzed misdemeanor coming out. All felonies dismissed.
Hmmmmmm... not exactly a stellar showing. And truly indicative of the "quality" of the case here.
Now if that is your idea of a wise use of local and state resources, you are completely oblivious.
And unfortunately (for me and other Stfd taxpayers) the only civil awards, back pay, etc... I see coming are going to these two officers whose charges will be ultimately dismissed.
Yup one bad case—that is why it endured 18 months of judicial review, scrutiny, and of course, failed motions to dismiss the case by the defense.

It is common, especially in a busy court district, to handle cases by plea bargaining. Court resources are utilized for crimes of violence, which this was not. It was the best the Prosecutor could do without wasting time at trail—BUT by no means was anyone found innocent in a court of law.

If I were Innocent I would have refused the plea deal for any crime and I would have been vindicated by my peers- the jury.

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#92 Jan 10, 2011
Please do some reasearch wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Taxpayer. thanks for the support. If you were to research all that the cops gave back to the town during tuff times most people would have positive views of the cops that serve. Here are just a few:
1.) The Stratford Police Union was the 1st union to take out weekly medical co-pay.
2.) The Stratford Police Union was the 1st union to have a doctor’s visit co-pay.
3.) The Stratford Police Union was the 1st union to have prescription co-pay.
4.) The Stratford Police Union was the 1st union to have lowered their disability from 66 2/3 to 50%.
5.) The Stratford Police Union was the only union to ever take no raises.
6.) The Stratford Police Union contributes the most out of their weekly check to the pension out of all the unions.
7.) The Stratford Police Union changed its pension plan to a Plan B (1997).
8.) The Stratford Police union hired a medical guru to research Medical Coverage to try to save tax payers money.(paid for by the union) The Stratford Police Union succeeded in doing so.
Thank you for you informative postings.I commend you for your honorable comments despite the postings on here of the ill intentioned Trolls. As a taxpayer I commend the integrity, honor and commitment of these fine officers & the Stratford Police Union. Thank You for honoring your commitment to Serve an Protect a town that may take you for granted, often appear ungrateful, less than supportive.
With deepest Respect, Support & Appreciation to the Stratford 407- TGP
Nightmare

United States

#93 Jan 10, 2011
Its nice to dream wrote:
<quoted text>
This is definitely one of two stratford cops. Because the last thing we would do is let Capt. McNeil go. He has more integrity and charatcer is his pinky than you do in your whole body. Keep breaking the rules and the unethical behavior. You'll get caught soon.
Get caught doing what...exposing you
NO TROLLS

United States

#94 Jan 10, 2011
THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for you informative postings.I commend you for your honorable comments despite the postings on here of the ill intentioned Trolls. As a taxpayer I commend the integrity, honor and commitment of these fine officers & the Stratford Police Union. Thank You for honoring your commitment to Serve an Protect a town that may take you for granted, often appear ungrateful, less than supportive.
With deepest Respect, Support & Appreciation to the Stratford 407- TGP
Just a few 407 members that don't want the select few bringing us down with them.

Stratford, CT

#95 Jan 10, 2011
Accel Rehab wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right, intelligent people see through smoke and mirrors—like yours.
They WERE NOT FOUND INNOCENT IN COURT—THEY PLEAD TO LESSER CHARGES AND APPLIED FOR AR.
Put whatever spin you want on it but that fact speaks volumes.
Please go somewhere where someone cares to hear your redundant nonsense. No one here gives a crap what you think. Your malice and ignorance is incomprehensible, non productive. Move along. Move on.

Stratford, CT

#96 Jan 10, 2011
More Said wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup one bad case—that is why it endured 18 months of judicial review, scrutiny, and of course, failed motions to dismiss the case by the defense.
It is common, especially in a busy court district, to handle cases by plea bargaining. Court resources are utilized for crimes of violence, which this was not. It was the best the Prosecutor could do without wasting time at trail—BUT by no means was anyone found innocent in a court of law.
If I were Innocent I would have refused the plea deal for any crime and I would have been vindicated by my peers- the jury.
Well hopefully when your time comes, you can do just that.Good luck with that.
THE TRUTH

United States

#97 Jan 10, 2011
<quoted text>Please go somewhere where someone cares to hear your redundant nonsense. No one here gives a crap what you think. Your malice and ignorance is incomprehensible, non productive. Move along. Move on.
AHH, the truth hurts....not what we think just the facts of the case with no spin or lies.
My Time

United States

#98 Jan 10, 2011
<quoted text>Well hopefully when your time comes, you can do just that.Good luck with that.
...won't come because I do not plan on committing any illegal activity.

Stratford, CT

#99 Jan 10, 2011
My Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's good to hear.
Hey dumbo

Monon, IN

#100 Jan 10, 2011
My Time wrote:
<quoted text>
You may just be right. about breakin the law.

cain't fix stupid and there ain't no law against it, son.

Stupid that is.

So you just go on now, not breaking any laws.

Stratford, CT

#101 Jan 10, 2011
THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
AHH, the truth hurts....not what we think just the facts of the case with no spin or lies.
Truth is in the eye of the beholder and you appear to have a vendetta that goes beyond the telling of a so called truth. Seriously you are making it and you identity way too obvious..that's not a good thing.
I AM RIGHT

United States

#102 Jan 10, 2011
Hey dumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
You may just be right. about breakin the law.
cain't fix stupid and there ain't no law against it, son.
Stupid that is.
So you just go on now, not breaking any laws.
If there were a law I'd get AR and tell everyone the case was dimissed.

Actually, stupid are those that follow without question even when the facts are transparently clear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ganim snubs, then honors, construction unions 13 min America Gentleman... 1
News Capitol Report After Hours: Mayor Ganim further... 15 min America Gentleman... 1
News Ken Dixon: The existential cake theorem 18 min America Gentleman... 2
News Were you SEEN at the Bridgeport Bluefish last h... 20 min America Gentleman... 11
News Trump card: could the president help bring a ca... 23 min America Gentleman... 6
News Casino or not, Steelpointe Harbor work continues 8 hr WorkAvoider 2
News Bridgeport Man Charged With Stealing Bike From ... 11 hr BPT 3

Milford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milford Mortgages