No new leads in Brownsville slaying

Full story: The Jackson Sun

Investigators in the Feb. 9 slaying of Todd Simmons in Brownsville have no new leads - but no shortage of subplots.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2006

Was it a coincidence that Mr. Simmons was killed prior to the trial set on May 22nd for James T. Hughes and Lana Lewis for defrauding the government of more than $326,000? The Assistant U.S. Attorney, Victor Ivy said that despite Mr. Simmons death they were set to move ahead with the trial as scheduled. This case has now been dismissed.
Christy

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2006

Anonymous wrote:
Was it a coincidence that Mr. Simmons was killed prior to the trial set on May 22nd for James T. Hughes and Lana Lewis for defrauding the government of more than $326,000? The Assistant U.S. Attorney, Victor Ivy said that despite Mr. Simmons death they were set to move ahead with the trial as scheduled. This case has now been dismissed.
It was strange that Todd became active in this lawsuit against Mr. Hughes which was filed in Nov 2005 and then he was killed in February 2006. Numerous people find this a "strange coincidence" since that trial was first scheduled for the day Todd was killed or it may have been the day before his murder. It also seems strange that no one has any leds in his murder...people are talking and hopefully someone will come forward with some type of information as to what happened to Todd. He was a really nice person and it is a horrible thing that happened to him.....a small town like that and in daylight. I do wish some others would "jump in" on this topic....I haven't seen any updates in the papers.
Lesley ans Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2006

Anonymous wrote:
Since we don't live in the area, and do not see frequent reports, it is difficult to understand what is going on with the investigation. We don't believe there are any coincidences here, and find it hard to believe the government would just drop the case against Mr. Hughes. We just hope that the case will be resolved quickly and the family will get the closure it deserves.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2006

Lesley ans Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we don't live in the area, and do not see frequent reports, it is difficult to understand what is going on with the investigation. We don't believe there are any coincidences here, and find it hard to believe the government would just drop the case against Mr. Hughes. We just hope that the case will be resolved quickly and the family will get the closure it deserves.
Mr. Simmons was the only witness in the trial which was originally set to start 2/8/06 but was continued until 5/22/06. Since his death, the trial has actually been dismissed due to the indictment being worded to require the presence of Mr. Simmons at the trial. Red flag! Why would the indictment require Mr. Simmons be be present and he not receive protection until the trial? Long history between Todd Simmons and James Hughes. James Hughes, grandfather to Mr. Simmons ex wife (Kelly Hughes), is a ruthless business owner and one of the wealthiest cotton farmers in west TN. He fraudulently aquired monies from the federal government by starting fictious companies in Mr. Simmons name along with his own grandson's. Mr. Simmons was deposed by the US Attorney General to these facts in the Fall of 05. He was killed on 2/09/06. There was also an ulgy custody battle over Mr. Simmons son. He did have custody of his son at the time of his death. Mr. Simmons ex wife, Kelly Hughes, has been questioned along with James Hughes regarding Mr. Simmons death. There are obviously many coinsidense here. And as far any "frequent reports" there haven't been any! Money can keep alot of things out of the news media and apparently from any investigation going on at all.
anonymous

Pleasant View, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2006

Is Kelly still "blowing" through the family cash? Who's she dating lately, or is she up to hubbie number 5 yet? Did she and former hubby Mr. Booth remarry or did they just shack up for awhile? I take it he still has the twins?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

I don't think Kelly and Mr. Booth ever remarried. They did briefly "shack up" after she separated from Todd (probaly was going prior to Todd leaving.) Mr. Booth actually has custody of his children as Kelly relinquished all her custody rights. Sad excuse for a mother I'd say. It's not like she can't afford to take care of them on her "allowance" from granddaddy or that she doesn't have the time since she is unemployed. And now she has Todd's social security to pad her extracurricular activities. It's always been a mystery why she didn't really want the twins but totally harrassed Todd about his son. She briefly married a Whitton man from Clarksville last year but they have since divorced and she's been with so many charaters since it's hard to keep up. There must be plenty of money out at Tibbs Road to blow through because I'd say it's still flowing freely.
anonymous

Pleasant View, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2006

Judged:

Are the kids (all of them?) adjusting well? I knew the twins when they were babies and felt so sorry when I heard what they were going through with the Whitton man. And then to hear the twins got out but the poor Simmons kid was left in that house... heartbreaking! I pray for their well-being.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2006

Children are resilient and we are praying for all of their safety. Unfortunately since Mr. Simmon's death. His child is back with Kelly.
anonymous

Pleasant View, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2006

NO!!! I heard his child was with his parents. Poor kid. I'll say extra prayers for him tonight.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2006

anonymous wrote:
NO!!! I heard his child was with his parents. Poor kid. I'll say extra prayers for him tonight.
Yes, somehow our court system ruled last year that she was basically unfit and only had SUPERVISED visits (which she RARELY took advantage of) but after his biological father was killed the child went back to her. It is so hard to believe she could get him back after all the documentation on file. Very sad.
Christy

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2006

It appears that a reward for any information regarding the death of Todd Simmons has now been posted. I understand a reward of 50K has been posted in the local paper (Brownsville, TN) and is to be run in surrounding papers. Hopefully this will help get some information on the incident that occured on February 9th in which Todd Simmons was killed.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2006

I hope someone comes forward now that a reward has been offered for Todd's death. This case is much too quite, someone know something.
Anonymous Arkansas

Choudrant, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2006

I have been following the case and wish the reward money could be used to hire a private investigator. Money can buy alot of things including murder. Todd was a good person who loved his child. He was robbed of his future because of greed. The police need to put survelliance on granddaddy Hughes and hope that whoever he hired will tell someone what they did. Hopefully the reward money will prompt someone to come forward so the family can have some answers!If your reading this , then you too are concerned about not letting this case drag on and on, please help keep focus on the crime.
anonymous

Pleasant View, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2006

I think it would be easier to put surveillance on Kelly. Find her in a drunken stupor (or high as a kite) and I bet she'd talk. That wouldn't be hard at all!!
anonymous

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2006

It's been six months since Todd's death. Why has this case been ignored? Are local people not concerned? Someone must have information which could help with the case.
anonymous

Pleasant View, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2006

It's quite sad. If it was one of the mighty Hughes, they would still be actively investigating. I hope that rotten family goes down.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2006

I heard rumors that Kelly told their son "not to worry about Daddy because he wouldn't be around for much longer." Apparently the kid told someone that she said that...
Christy

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

It appears that there are only 3-4 of us replying on this forum ....... I know what I think about the situation and as to who is responsible. There is still to date no new information on this case and no one seems to want to talk about it. No one seems to care if the case is solved or not........no one means the community of Brownsville --- someone knows something, heard something or saw something. What do each of you think.......what are your thoughts on getting this moved/pushed forward?
Christy

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

A reward of $50,000 for leads is ALOT of money and you would think someone in Brownsville would like to have that
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2006

Someone definitely knows something but I'm sure they're too terrified of what the almighty Hughes family would have done to them

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Milan Forum right now

Search the Milan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 12 min TN Voter 140,581
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 31 min WTH 8,903
Cornerstone Restoration? (Oct '10) 2 hr mike 78
Paul thomas for Sheriff 2 hr Pete 70
Tim Crocker Attorney is a Crook 9 hr Milanr51 5
Really crider ...... 9 hr Milanr51 8
I am looking to get my eyebrow back pierced but... 15 hr Reading is Fundamental 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Milan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Milan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••