Milan Express
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
MilanPo

Jackson, TN

#3 May 2, 2011
Not a rumore-they fired 3 people in their shop in Jackson for fraud last week. All three were the upper management. Wonder how long those 3 had been on the take. Sad
justsayin

Medina, TN

#4 May 4, 2011
Employees have lost trust and respect for this company. Milan Express used to be one of the best companies to work for, not so much anymore. Mechanics and management are quitting the Jackson shop and others are in the process of finding other employment. Havent heard anything of fraud but I do know that 2 people in management jobs (Shop) have quit and were not fired. They also lost 5 mechanics in the last 6 months. They took away 17% pay (was given 3% back), they no longer match or contribute to the 401K, and the holiday pay has been reduced. They end up having to hire inadequate drivers because they won't pay a reliable, experienced and safe driver what they are worth.
ND Fan

Jackson, TN

#5 May 4, 2011
No doubt the son and his cronie Mike Stone have taken the company down a notch or two.
Trucker

Jackson, TN

#6 May 4, 2011
Good to hear.
justsayin wrote:
Employees have lost trust and respect for this company. Milan Express used to be one of the best companies to work for, not so much anymore. Mechanics and management are quitting the Jackson shop and others are in the process of finding other employment. Havent heard anything of fraud but I do know that 2 people in management jobs (Shop) have quit and were not fired. They also lost 5 mechanics in the last 6 months. They took away 17% pay (was given 3% back), they no longer match or contribute to the 401K, and the holiday pay has been reduced. They end up having to hire inadequate drivers because they won't pay a reliable, experienced and safe driver what they are worth.
Teamsters

Jackson, TN

#8 May 11, 2011
If you are not willing to unionize after having all those benefits and money taken away, then PLEASE do yourself a favor and at LEAST find another company to work for.

Ask them about all the millions they just received from selling most of their terminals. Bet the employees will never, ever see any of it in the form of getting their lost wages and benefits back.
justsayin wrote:
happygilmore

United States

#9 May 11, 2011
Milan express never was a good paying company, average at best.
Seriously

Alcoa, TN

#10 May 11, 2011
Milan Express is a joke, they cut their employees salaries then sell half of the company and most of the big dogs refuse to take a pay cut cause heaven forbid they make less than $100,000 a year and have no vehicle provided by the company for them to drive. Id hate to know that those poor souls are barely scraping by while the rest of the little people cant even get a dollar raise and are losing their benifits and salary. They remind me of the federal government.
ex-employee

Ottawa, KS

#11 May 11, 2011
Teamsters wrote:
If you are not willing to unionize after having all those benefits and money taken away, then PLEASE do yourself a favor and at LEAST find another company to work for.
Ask them about all the millions they just received from selling most of their terminals. Bet the employees will never, ever see any of it in the form of getting their lost wages and benefits back.
<quoted text>
If a union was involed we all would have lost our jobs. I left on my own to a company that has no union and is the best trucking company to work for! You can go figure out that one on your own.
The teamsters are weak people who can't stand up for themselves.
Long Haul

Jackson, TN

#12 May 12, 2011
At least your left. The rest need to leave a form a union or start smiling while taking it up the a$$ and quit bitching.
ex-employee wrote:
<quoted text>
If a union was involed we all would have lost our jobs. I left on my own to a company that has no union and is the best trucking company to work for! You can go figure out that one on your own.
The teamsters are weak people who can't stand up for themselves.
OTR

Jackson, TN

#13 May 12, 2011
Look at who they have left in top management. They gonna need more than those people to survive considering their track record of shutting down Boll Weevil Express in Henderson, TN.
Seriously wrote:
Milan Express is a joke, they cut their employees salaries then sell half of the company and most of the big dogs refuse to take a pay cut cause heaven forbid they make less than $100,000 a year and have no vehicle provided by the company for them to drive. Id hate to know that those poor souls are barely scraping by while the rest of the little people cant even get a dollar raise and are losing their benifits and salary. They remind me of the federal government.
Averitt

Jackson, TN

#14 May 12, 2011
I would not trust the LEADERSHIP at Milan as far as I could throw them all. After a 17% pay cut what else do they need to tell ya other than they are bleeding their profit from the employees.
Sigh

Monroe, NC

#15 May 12, 2011
I do not understand why seasoned drivers still think getting payed 32 to 42 cpm is good. Drive smarter, not harder. I used to drive my butt of for my pay but found out that being otr doesn't mean you have to run your butt off. 15 years ago I started driving for Upstaging and I LOVE it! 650 to 1000 miles per trip, great time off, meet fantastic people, no way I would go back to the typical otr again. Stage hauling is where its at!
WORSE

Brighton, TN

#16 May 12, 2011
The pay cut is more like 30%. 10% in pay and a full day per week!
Averitt wrote:
I would not trust the LEADERSHIP at Milan as far as I could throw them all. After a 17% pay cut what else do they need to tell ya other than they are bleeding their profit from the employees.
SAD INDEED

Jackson, TN

#17 May 13, 2011
Well then anyone left is simply stupid or can't get another job due to their background.
WORSE wrote:
The pay cut is more like 30%. 10% in pay and a full day per week!<quoted text>
ND Fan

Jackson, TN

#18 May 13, 2011
Mike Stone S U C K S as an executive. He should have stayed a driver for MS Carriers.
WORSER

Jackson, TN

#19 May 13, 2011
what about his suck up David dallas? I heard he is even more clueless than his boss?
Wondering

Jackson, TN

#20 May 19, 2011
Any more word on this struggling company in Milan since they had to sell of almost 75% of their business in an asset sale?
WORSER wrote:
what about his suck up David dallas? I heard he is even more clueless than his boss?
Debt

Jackson, TN

#21 May 23, 2011
Yea they executives are still petty, immature pieces of $hit and not a one of them lost their jobs over their failures.
Hmmmm

United States

#22 Jun 1, 2011
Milan is just a new driver company any way like JB Hunt. A seasoned vet would find a better company to work for. Ok if you are just starting and need to gain experience. But to actually stay more than a year is crazy when there are better paying companies. Milan has never paid well.
Ex Driver

Jackson, TN

#23 Jun 6, 2011
So true. Stayed with them less than a year after they started cutting pay. Very weak senior leaders to boot.
Hmmmm wrote:
Milan is just a new driver company any way like JB Hunt. A seasoned vet would find a better company to work for. Ok if you are just starting and need to gain experience. But to actually stay more than a year is crazy when there are better paying companies. Milan has never paid well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone know them 1 hr Penny 122
Malena Caldwell 7 hr Laughingatthehaters 4
Duckfaced Troll 18 hr HitMan 50
Blacks in Milan 23 hr Kool 2
bikini bottoms off road park (Aug '12) Sat I hate black ppl 19
Good Landlords Jun 24 Petty ppl eater 7
Rory Campbell Jun 24 Shellie Bumpus 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milan Mortgages