Which statement is crazier?

Posted in the Milan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Riddler

Versailles, IN

#1 Nov 2, 2012
1. God spoke to me through my dog and told me to go into the ministry.

or

2. God spoke to me and told me to go into the ministry.

Is one of these statements more sane than the other? Why?

Since: Feb 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Nov 2, 2012
Your dog would probably have not listened to God nor would you have listened to your dog. Either that or we all know that dogs do not speak English so unless you speak Doglish?

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4 Nov 3, 2012
Riddler, only a non-believer would ask your last question. If you believe, you know that God truly does talk(speak) to us.
Scooter

Beech Bluff, TN

#5 Nov 3, 2012
You must have a lot of thinking time in your life.
The Riddler

Versailles, IN

#6 Nov 3, 2012
If God speaks to us, what's so silly about believing he does it through an animal? Why is that worse than saying God speaks to me through a book or a bright, sunny day?

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#7 Nov 3, 2012
God might speak to your dog/animal; however, would you be able to understand the dog's speaking to you?**LOL** I mean other than "Im hungry"; "I need to go out"?
Scooter

Beech Bluff, TN

#8 Nov 3, 2012
Has God ever spoken to you? If so, may I ask, what about?
Scooter

Beech Bluff, TN

#9 Nov 3, 2012
Back in the early 90’s I had a salon customer who was a free-lance writer for New Age Magazine. She told me that there are some people whose religion teaches reincarnation and the human population is controlled by reincarnation between humans and dogs. She said we are all sent here to learn or teach and we select our lives before we are born according to what we are to accomplish. She said that the belief is, there are only a certain number of souls that exist so some of us are sent here as dogs. This belief is no more ridiculous than Scientology.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#10 Nov 3, 2012
Yes, Scooter; I feel God has spoken to me several times in my life.
Preacher

United States

#11 Nov 3, 2012
With God anything is possible. The Bible tells us that God spoke to Balaam through a donkey.
Now quit trying to stir the pot u heathen.
Preacher

United States

#14 Nov 3, 2012
He did..... U heathen. (Throws holy water)
The Riddler

Versailles, IN

#15 Nov 4, 2012
That's interesting. So you're saying there is a new more powerful god that was created by the old god, yet you still have the lesser god as a priority? That's not going to make the new guy happy. Since all things are possible with god, he/she/it may decide to squash the secondary god and make things tough on you.

You better side with the winners. Sort of like all those people here in Milan who wear Alabama shirts.

We had one of our last warm days here, but I believe it was a sign from God. God spoke to me through a wasp yesterday and told me I was right. That's how I know I'm right about this. I'm starting to see how this all works.
The Riddler

Versailles, IN

#16 Nov 4, 2012
Preacher wrote:
He did..... U heathen.(Throws holy water)
Now, now! You are being judgmental and making baby Jesus cry!
Scooter

Beech Bluff, TN

#17 Nov 4, 2012
Throughout history, revisionists have been changing the words of bible to meet their own agendas. Maybe a better way of saying it would be, “All things that are possible are made possible through God.”
Preacher

United States

#18 Nov 4, 2012
The Riddler wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now! You are being judgmental and making baby Jesus cry!
If u knew anything of the great book the Bible (and u don't) then u would know how even Jesus turned to his disciple Peter and said get behind me Satan. Therefore Jesus would not cry for He stands for calling it as it is heathen.
The Riddler

Versailles, IN

#19 Nov 5, 2012
Scooter, you are right. One of the main revisionists that changed the bible to suit their agenda was King James. But I know what you mean. As long as you like the agenda, everything is well and fine.

Preacher, you act hypocritical. You seem to say you are a follower of Christ, but you don't seem to know much about how a Christian should act. Did Jesus bully others, call them names, and accept being judgmental? Did he recommend others follow this path?

You are one of the ones Gandhi spoke of when he said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
Christian

Dyersburg, TN

#20 Nov 5, 2012
Riddler, may I ask your point in asking this question? Preacher clearly does not represent Christians well. Many people post things here seeking to incite controversy and use it to attack God and Christianity. This leads to the type of response you are seeing from Preacher. This does not excuse the behavior however and no I do not believe it is Christ-like.

To answer your question, yes I do believe God speaks to us. He can do so in a variety of ways. As someone already stated, there is a passage of scripture which illustrates He used a man's donkey to speak to him. That was an extreme case where the man simply was not listening and he had the fate of an entire nation in his hands. I believe God most often speaks to us in the still small voice... a feeling, a need to act, a thought that was not our own. Remember too the devil mimics God in this so he too can use these things to attempt to steer us wrong. There is a scripture that says sheep know their shepherd's voice. Drawing close to God is how we learn to know the voice of God over anything else.

Also to address the scripture that says all things are possible for God- God can do anything He wants. He is good and loving and He acts accordingly. Yes sometimes things happen that we cannot understand, but God still has a plan. He gives us freewill and sometimes that freewill causes pain in our lives or the lives of others. That freewill is important because it means we must choose to serve God- He does not force us. I have a car in my driveway. This means it is possible for me to get into it and drive to Canada or California or Mexico. I have that power. That does not however mean that I am going to drive to Canada today just because I have that power. So yes, God does have the power to do many things such as your example, but that does not mean He will.

I realize if you have come here only to stir things up and attack Christians then you will likely attack the things I have said. Before you do, please stop and think about them. You don't have to feel this way about God or Christians. You can make the choice to draw near to God. Yes there will still be some crazy Christians who act nothing like Christ, but you can be assured God is good and He wants you no matter what.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#21 Dec 9, 2012
LVF1979 wrote:
Riddler, only a non-believer would ask your last question. If you believe, you know that God truly does talk(speak) to us.
well,
to be fair, a non believer,free thinker, a realist or anyone who doesn't need a crutch to get through life would ask that.
i'd love to hear recordings of god " truly talking" to you.Because, you know, if you can't provide them, it's more likely that your brain is regurgitating instilled guilt from reading a fictional book of laws written by man than an invisible being is speaking to you.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#22 Dec 9, 2012
Christian wrote:
Riddler, may I ask your point in asking this question? Preacher clearly does not represent Christians well. Many people post things here seeking to incite controversy and use it to attack God and Christianity. This leads to the type of response you are seeing from Preacher. This does not excuse the behavior however and no I do not believe it is Christ-like.
To answer your question, yes I do believe God speaks to us. He can do so in a variety of ways. As someone already stated, there is a passage of scripture which illustrates He used a man's donkey to speak to him. That was an extreme case where the man simply was not listening and he had the fate of an entire nation in his hands. I believe God most often speaks to us in the still small voice... a feeling, a need to act, a thought that was not our own. Remember too the devil mimics God in this so he too can use these things to attempt to steer us wrong. There is a scripture that says sheep know their shepherd's voice. Drawing close to God is how we learn to know the voice of God over anything else.
Also to address the scripture that says all things are possible for God- God can do anything He wants. He is good and loving and He acts accordingly. Yes sometimes things happen that we cannot understand, but God still has a plan. He gives us freewill and sometimes that freewill causes pain in our lives or the lives of others. That freewill is important because it means we must choose to serve God- He does not force us. I have a car in my driveway. This means it is possible for me to get into it and drive to Canada or California or Mexico. I have that power. That does not however mean that I am going to drive to Canada today just because I have that power. So yes, God does have the power to do many things such as your example, but that does not mean He will.
I realize if you have come here only to stir things up and attack Christians then you will likely attack the things I have said. Before you do, please stop and think about them. You don't have to feel this way about God or Christians. You can make the choice to draw near to God. Yes there will still be some crazy Christians who act nothing like Christ, but you can be assured God is good and He wants you no matter what.
I'm not trying to be a jerk here but, using a book as heavily edited and cannonized as the bible as justification that itself is correct and infallible,the word of an imaginary being and historically correct, is idiotic.
you could do the same with any piece of fiction written by man.if you studied war and peace long enough and treated it with undue reverence and infallibility, you could derive all kinds of moral and ethical laws from it.
The long and short of it is that the bible is a book that was written and edited by man to control other men's moral and ethical beliefs and is not a reliable historical document OR some kind of magical,divine manuscript written by an invisible god.

The christian argument would be at least acceptable if it wasn't self justifying and based on a single document.
naughtybutnice

Millington, TN

#23 Dec 10, 2012
Spicy.reading your answers prove you have NO curiosity about God or who is he...Looking at your statements prove you ARE a jerk and want to stir up strife ie; to be fair, a non believer,free thinker, a realist or anyone who doesn't need a crutch to get through life would ask that.
The person answering you called Preacher is probably not a believer or a catholic as protestants don't use holy water.lol
and finally the scriputre that would explain why you dont understand: The man without the Spirit of God cannot understand the things of the Spirit of God, they are foolishness to him.
This means you dont get it cuz you ain't got it.....but you can....Read the bible for yourself. Ask the Lord to save you...He will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cayce McDaniel 2 hr Join a Book Club 12
Milan football 3 hr Jim 21
Really!!! 5 hr Guest 4
Racists in the community 12 hr Deputy Dawg 21
A Sad Forever Girlfriend B Sad Tue WAWAWAWAWA 4
Attention ALL Milan residence read this Tue Pee wee Herman 14
Casey McDaniel (Jul '14) Tue Old milan8815 92

Milan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance