Where does child abuse begin & end?

Posted in the Milan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HAD ENOUGH

Tipton, TN

#1 May 14, 2011
Does it begin with verbal & mental abuse, or a grown man or woman or both slapping a young child in the face so hard their nose bleeds once or more than once? Where does it begin to be child abuse and when do feel you have "had enough" or know too much...
Concerned

Jackson, TN

#2 May 14, 2011
If you know somebody that does this, you should turn them in, verbal abuse, mental or physical, none of this is expectable when it comes to a child, children depend on parents to keep them safe. If they cant count on their parents to do this who can they depend on.
HAD ENOUGH

Tipton, TN

#3 May 14, 2011
But when you "turn them in", and no one does anything, then they take it out even more on the child, tell the child they are asking for it, bring on themselves., ground the child, take phone & computer privileges away, and try to keep you from finding out, sometimes you feel like you have made it even worse for the child..
HAD ENOUGH

Tipton, TN

#4 May 14, 2011
These things happen in "NICE" families, other people that are professionals and know it is happening and know it is not right, stay quiet because they don't want to "start anything"....and accuse you of "causing trouble"...Nice people don't let things out in public.
Take action

Humboldt, TN

#5 May 14, 2011
How old is the child? If the child is old enough to use the phone and computer, then they should be old enough to tell what is going on, and if this is the case, then they can tell a CPS worker and they will be removed from the home. No child should have to endure physical or verbal abuse. If I were you I would turn them in, and state your concerns about the parents taking it out on the child. You could be saving a life.
jeez

Kingsport, TN

#6 May 14, 2011
that's where the law fails our children.once turned in or proven to have hurt a child it should be remove and put in good care.if it's proven to me there is no second chance.
kids are so vulnerable to abuse and it makes me sick for them to be hurt in anyway.it's not just the middle or lower class families either. it's everywhere.
if a parent tries to keep a grand parent or relative from seeing the child it's even more evident.just really makes you feel sick when the laws are against the ones trying to help and the child keeps getting punished or abused
Goodsun

Jackson, TN

#7 May 14, 2011
Its a crime to hit a child, its my understanding your suppose to get arrested.
HAD ENOUGH

Tipton, TN

#8 May 14, 2011
The child is 11, and there is no computer anymore..,no house phone, only the parents cell phones and the child has to try to use one without them finding out. The child whispers and more often than not , you hear the parent catching them & screaming at them that they have caught them. The child did go to the counselor once at school and the parents found out.That was not good, I think the child has just given up and is even beginning to think they just have to accept it for what it is..
tanker

Jackson, TN

#9 May 14, 2011
i dont approve of the things that have happened to this child if it did but spanking a child with ur hand or a belt is not against the law in tn and thats what their behind is for ....not legs ,back ect. and i know most officiers will tell u this dch and dhs are gov waste they never do anything i used to be a cop and my cop friends now hate to even mention them its sad but a butt spanking never hurt any of us and thats what is wrong with the kids today ...i am thankful for my upbringing and the fact my family were not afraid to spank us as needed! abuse is different and wrong! thanks
mee

Union City, TN

#10 May 14, 2011
somebody needs 2 beat the shit out of the parents and let them see how it feels
HAD ENOUGH

Tipton, TN

#11 May 14, 2011
tanker wrote:
i dont approve of the things that have happened to this child if it did but spanking a child with ur hand or a belt is not against the law in tn and thats what their behind is for ....not legs ,back ect. and i know most officiers will tell u this dch and dhs are gov waste they never do anything i used to be a cop and my cop friends now hate to even mention them its sad but a butt spanking never hurt any of us and thats what is wrong with the kids today ...i am thankful for my upbringing and the fact my family were not afraid to spank us as needed! abuse is different and wrong! thanks
Both of these people have admitted it is true. Their justification is that the child has a "smart mouth". Among other things , this child has bn bitten, had fingernails dug into their skin, both of which the child did not mean for me to see, but were very obvious as to what they were. I have tried to talk them about these things but then I am punished and not allowed to see the child for saying anything. They have other children they do not treat this badly. There is alot of mental & verbal abuse that goes on also. It is like they blame everything wrong with their life on this child. But...they are very careful to hide all of this behind their Christian exteriors. I have just kept hoping they would stop and try to turn things around,
tanker

Jackson, TN

#12 May 14, 2011
take the kid to the hospital and tell what has been done and u will get something done dcs and dhs wont do anything they r a waste of our money
oh my

Cowpens, SC

#13 May 20, 2011
All of this sounds very familiar to a situational that I have gone through. My child would fight with his brother and get injuries and go tell people that his parents did it. I love him with every breath I take and would never let anything happen to him. I wish people would just mind their own business and if it is real abuse, it will be dealt with trust me, I was a victim of every possible abuse you can think of and to think that I would ever be accused broke my soul.. If I have learned anything about being a mother, I have learned that kids do not always tell the truth!!!! even though I have gone through this and continue to go through it, I will not let the devil defeat me!!! The people that you know are involved with aiding this child and pushing him to make alligations against his parents are doing nothing but proving their lack of family support and the true devotion to this child to somehow relive the duty as parent, so the guilt of your own parenting skills somehow make them feel better! So sad!. If the person who started this thread would go to person with the utmost love and respect, and simply ask them, a whole lot of heartache could be spared!! This sounds to me that since this child is 12 and just now starting all this, there could be some typical rebellion going on with his search for independence. Just to share my personal experience, my very own mother is the person against me in every way. I always wanted my mother to be my best friend and someone I could go to for help, but in my case, this is not what happened and I look to her now as my childrens grandmother and that is all. From time to time, I do try to reach out to her but it Always ends with blame.. no matter who tries to tear my family apart, my family, meaning only... My husband and children, they WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO GOD ONE DAY! I am a christian, and try to the best of my ability to raise my children with gods bible as our road map so people who throw the hiding behind christianity card, hurt my soul! I will be praying for you and your family for peace and guidance!
Bleep

Franklinton, NC

#14 May 20, 2011
HAD ENOUGH wrote:
<quoted text>Both of these people have admitted it is true. Their justification is that the child has a "smart mouth". Among other things , this child has bn bitten, had fingernails dug into their skin, both of which the child did not mean for me to see, but were very obvious as to what they were. I have tried to talk them about these things but then I am punished and not allowed to see the child for saying anything. They have other children they do not treat this badly. There is alot of mental & verbal abuse that goes on also. It is like they blame everything wrong with their life on this child. But...they are very careful to hide all of this behind their Christian exteriors. I have just kept hoping they would stop and try to turn things around,
HAD ENOUGH, if you know this to be true and are not reporting this behavior you are just as guilty as the parents.
jeez

Kingsport, TN

#15 May 20, 2011
child abuse is wrong in any form.kids do get rebellious and lie.know what you are doing when you turn someone in. tho it is hard to ignore what a child says.been through the child not telling the truth part and someone else being involved.
it is very hard to be a parent and best friend at the same time.you still have to be the one to make decisions even tho the child doesn't like it.you can be open and close but being their best friend and raising then is a very difficult thing to do unless you never say no.
also just because you are child and parent does not mean you have personalities that will allow this.doesn't really mean either one of you are wrong.
Just Thinking

United States

#16 Jun 6, 2011
TO : HAD ENOUGH
Take pictures of injuries , take notes of where/when/what happen. You can do this without the parents knowlegde. Make notes of what happen that tiggered the abuse , like drinking/drugs/a hot date.. Is it only on payday , is it only on week-ends? All of this well help if & when someone takes action. Most abuse follows a pattern of some kind. IF you are a grown-up , step in and help the child, if you are a OR the abused child you still can help by having the above infromation in a safe place , so you have a starting point. IF you feel comfortable & trust an adult, talk to them. Go to your local police dept. show the pictures , etc. If they don't listen go to Children Services, If they don't listen PLEASE post back here and I well find someone that will listen..
CP Center

Jackson, TN

#17 Jun 7, 2011
I'd say it begins when I knock you upside your %ucking head.
HAD ENOUGH wrote:
Does it begin with verbal & mental abuse, or a grown man or woman or both slapping a young child in the face so hard their nose bleeds once or more than once? Where does it begin to be child abuse and when do feel you have "had enough" or know too much...
Raymond

Jackson, TN

#18 Jun 8, 2011
HAD ENOUGH wrote:
It begins in Northside Terrace and ends at the Meadows.
tom

Jackson, TN

#19 Jun 8, 2011
It starts with a, SHUT THE *UCK UP U LIL CHIT!! And ends with a, u know I do that cuz I love u! That's why I have dogs.
Jackie

Jackson, TN

#20 Jun 8, 2011
CP Center wrote:
I'd say it begins when I knock you upside your %ucking head.
<quoted text>
Angry much?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof of Racists in Milan Wed Samuel-7g-Jackson 49
2 shootings in the last 2 weeks Wed Blacklivesmatters... 21
Erica Evanson (Feb '13) Wed Bobo 6
Kerry Clark's at lees Tue WootWoot38358 2
Kerry Claros at lees Jul 28 WootWoot38358 3
Emerts Auto Sales Jul 27 Say what 3
Poll Milan mayor...who will win? Jul 27 Impeach him now 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milan Mortgages