basketball coach
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kudos

Rowlett, TX

#1 Mar 29, 2013
Thank you MSSD for finally doing something. Even though he bashed you for it. I imagine his wife did most of it, since she thinks she may have to get a job. Let them move, they are mean and cruel people. Not to mention to much on fidelity.
WOW

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2013
Really. And just how do you know about their fidelity? It seems to me people just want to run someone in the ground on topix.
snickers

Versailles, IN

#3 Apr 6, 2013
Goes to show Milan's real priority. Sports are more important than academics.
Bullet Man

Johnson City, TN

#4 Apr 6, 2013
Coach Shepard is a good man, a Godly man, and a wonderful educator and influence on the kids he worked with over the years. Milan hasn't been competitive in basketball for years, boys or girls, and I think it speaks well of Milan that they kept Coach Shepard all these years instead of running him off for someone who might have produced a better record (didn't work in the girls program). Whatever he and Kelly do will be done with dignity, class, and a servants attitude. Good luck Coach!
bulldawg

White Oak, TX

#5 Apr 10, 2013
Heard girls coach was let go. This true?
Annoyed

Atwood, TN

#6 Apr 10, 2013
Coach Shepard has always been great to my children, and has always been very friendly to our family. Unlike some families in Milan, he never once assumed that they were of a higher "rank" or place on the social ladder. I do not know his wife well, but my children are very upset that he is leaving.

I also heard that they fired the girls coach who has only been there a short while. Winning games is great, but education should come first. If these teachers were doing their jobs in the classroom and helping to make students successful, they should have been retained at Milan.
Tim

Dyersburg, TN

#7 Apr 10, 2013
Both are very good coaches and very good men.
John

Milan, TN

#8 Apr 12, 2013
Dexter Williams to coach Milan boys. That's what I am hearing!

Johnson City, TN

#9 Apr 13, 2013
I loved Todd as a teacher. He taught both of my kids, and seemed to really take an interest in his students. But he should have stuck to coaching volleyball and gave up the basketball coaching position. There are alot of talented kids who wouldn't play because they didn't want to play for him. Academics are very important, and a good basketball player can get a college scholarship. Hopefully, Milan will hire a coach that will utilize players with talent and help them get better and into college, instead of running them off. I haven't hear about the girls coach but it wouldn't surprise me if he is gone too.
Agreed

Medina, TN

#11 May 4, 2013
Typical First Baptist Milan members!
lmao

Cedar Grove, TN

#12 May 4, 2013
Lol. That was hilarious. Especially the Miss America b.c. part.
saying it wrote:
Todd is a good man and person. His wife...not so much...she is as evil as they come and she's been falling out of closets for some time with someone else. The arguement was never his character. He had put up with so much at home that honestly Id hate to give up bball and be home more too. Miss America 890 B.C. keeps dredging up all this mess on facebook and such. She can't let it go and she looks foolish. Get a job Kelly Shepard no one cares anymore about 1987. Try being nice for real and you may get better results bc half the town hates you bc of how nasty you are to them. The last time I checked servants don't act like that.
knowing

Johnson City, TN

#13 May 4, 2013
They offered dexter $180,000 as well as the use of a school owned pontiac sunfire.

White Oak, TX

#14 May 4, 2013
Knowing - did you just say sunfire? Bahaha
Saying it - b.c. is so right lol
icanright

Jackson, TN

#15 May 6, 2013
So the new concerned citizens group met with the school superintendent to try and get a handle on all the turnover at the high school and low moral in the system. But the super invited the some high school teachers and administrators to sit in on the meeting and the citizens group was scared to say what they wanted??? Just say it, there's a problem with the schools. Problems usually start at the top so sounds like you were on the right path. Talk to the superintendent, but don't chicken out when the other little administrators are sitting there. Not many people like them at all. They are just young boys following a manual that doesn't involve community input, morals, values, etc. Seriously, how many teachers have been removed from their jobs and placed in other positions that they were not happy with? How many quit just to go somewhere better. No one likes Milan anymore. The school is a joke. If you are really concerned then have a public forum, use the newspaper, radio, come on.........where is that Milan spirit. We have two locally owned media sources that could sound off and let the people talk. Unless someone is in their pocket? Good luck from Carroll County

Jackson, TN

#16 May 6, 2013
Dexter Williams is the new coach. Introduced to players today!
Notfromhere

United States

#17 May 6, 2013
guest wrote:
Dexter Williams is the new coach. Introduced to players today!
Good luck with that!!!
Curious

Lewisburg, TN

#18 May 6, 2013
Haven't heard about this concerned citizens group. Who is it?
Omar

Johnson City, TN

#19 May 6, 2013
John Tucker, Robert Clenny, and that scary lookin guy that hangs out at Little General
mrphil

Jackson, TN

#20 May 6, 2013
Heard they were building a new gym over by the tracks where they tore the building down for him. I saw the coach going in the store downtown today with some ribbons and a bunch of shoestrings.
Aha

Atlanta, TX

#21 May 7, 2013
Omar wrote:
John Tucker, Robert Clenny, and that scary lookin guy that hangs out at Little General
And you must be the well educated city recorder that got your diploma out of a Cracker Jack box! Douche bag!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jacob Reese 11 hr Jacob 10
Lee's Chicken 12 hr guest 10
News Pair face meth charges; Mother and son charged ... (Aug '11) Tue Question 66
milan cop fired Tue Guest 9
The search for the new Bulldog coach Mon blankspace70 5
Obryan family Dec 9 Bob wood 1
The god of the Christian bible admits there are... (Sep '11) Dec 9 Wango 26

Milan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milan Mortgages