Train kills Ohio man on bridge | The ...

Train kills Ohio man on bridge | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 18 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 10, 2010, titled Train kills Ohio man on bridge | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Authorities say an Ohio man who wanted to dive off a bridge into a river was struck and killed by a train before he could jump.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

“I wake up and piss excellence”

Since: Nov 09

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 10, 2010
Wow thats horrible. These different bridge jumping and river swimming deaths seem to be frequent this summer. RIP.

Since: Aug 09

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 10, 2010
When will people learn not to walk out onto train bridges? This is like the third death like this I've read about in the last year or so.

Since: Jan 10

Dublin, OH

#3 Jun 10, 2010
"...to swim and enjoy the outdoors"

And to trespass on railroad property in a dangerous manner.
jealousy is a sin

United States

#4 Jun 10, 2010
LOL
Train

Park Forest, IL

#5 Jun 10, 2010
How could he not hear or see the train coming?? It's mind boggling.
new recruit

Columbus, OH

#6 Jun 10, 2010
Is he a candidate for the Darwin Award?
superman

United States

#7 Jun 10, 2010
Didn't you know that 19 year olds, especially high and drunk 19 year olds, are invulnerable? Don't even tell them to be careful because it won't happen to them...
bob

United States

#8 Jun 10, 2010
new recruit wrote:
His friend is a candidate, unfortunately he is a winner of the award.

Westerville, OH

#9 Jun 10, 2010
new recruit wrote:
yup. meets all the requirements.
j6j1j4j

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 10, 2010
i used to jump off that bridge as a kid.
well - i did twice. and if there was a train coming - you would definitely know about it. There is nothing around in that area.
I'm guessing the kid was too scared to jump (It is very high up)and thought maybe there would be enough room for him to lean over and let the train pass by.
Who knows.
Either way - sucks for that kid and the kids that were with him. Have a great summer indeed.
TinMan

Columbus, OH

#11 Jun 10, 2010
Probably whoever owns the bridge will get sued because they didn't have a sign that said TRAIN BRIDGE - DANGER !!!!
local milan person

Norwalk, OH

#12 Jun 10, 2010
Train wrote:
How could he not hear or see the train coming?? It's mind boggling.
There is an approximate 90 degree sharp bend just to the east. Engineer cannot see around it. you can't see the train coming.
Will Burns

United States

#13 Jun 10, 2010
TinMan wrote:
Probably whoever owns the bridge will get sued because they didn't have a sign that said TRAIN BRIDGE - DANGER !!!!
Might have been on, probably in spainish though.
The Great Ballzak

Kent, OH

#14 Jun 10, 2010
perfect example of Dawinism
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#15 Jun 10, 2010
Train kept a-rollin'. . . .
I Care

Columbus, OH

#16 Jun 11, 2010
Some of you are very mean spirited. This person had family & friends that are now grieving. The crew on the train will be affected for the rest of their lives as will their families. There is nothing funny about a needless death of even death period.
Stefen Mckinneys Mom

Shelby, OH

#17 Jun 12, 2010
I read the posts and was upset that as many words that can be said some of you choose the words that you have chosen \not thinking that the mother of this tragedy could be reading. My peace comes from knowing what really happend and your ignorance to what happened.

Westerville, OH

#18 Jun 14, 2010
Stefen Mckinneys Mom wrote:
I read the posts and was upset that as many words that can be said some of you choose the words that you have chosen \not thinking that the mother of this tragedy could be reading. My peace comes from knowing what really happend and your ignorance to what happened.
Well, Mom (if truly Mom you be), I'm sorry for your loss. If you came here expecting anything other than what you found, you were sadly misinformed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Stumbling somewhat incoherent' woman charged w... (Sep '14) Aug 15 political 3
News Plan focuses on Willard's downtown area (Apr '08) Jul '15 Alex For MAYOR 20
church family (Nov '14) Jun '15 Harold Castle 4
Lori Lacy sick and twisting her son Mar '15 lopez28 1
News Burglar violates early release, sent to prison Mar '15 braaahhhh 1
News Effort underway to preserve Morgan's Civil War ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Iwantmycountryback 5
News Quick thinking has Norwalk sitting pretty (Jan '15) Jan '15 torriasque181 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milan Mortgages