Review: Effie's Attic & Tea Room

Review: Effie's Attic & Tea Room

Posted in the Milan Forum

Eu Sei

Perrysburg, OH

#1 May 9, 2013
I’ve been to Effie’s Attic several times for many years, before this new owner. Food used to be quite good, but standards and quantities (*) have dropped sharply through the years. Today was the worse experience I’ve had—so much so that I won’t be going back. I called them to figure their hours, since there is nothing online. We ordered their berry iced tea; we sent it back because it tasted like water, but it came back just a little better and the server made sure we saw she was not pleased... My friend and I tried to read the food listed in a black board on the wall, but the words in dark blue on black made it impossible to read. When the server came back (a young girl) I told her we could not read the board so asked her about the quiches again.“That is why I told you before,” she chided me.“Well, then you’ll have to tell me again because I forgot!” I answered, getting annoyed. She repeated, very unwillingly and we placed our orders. The quiche’s dough was soggy instead of the normal crunchy and was tiny. The (banana?) bread/muffin tasted like some kind of artificial flour or something, quite bad. While we were eating, a woman (owner?) barged in and asked very loud “Are you the person who called and couldn’t find us in the Internet?” I swallowed the food I was chewing and said, yes, that I found them, but there was nothing about their hours. When she allowed me a word (and believe me when I say I’m not bashful) I suggested she should add the hours, but she complained it cost money. Well, I don’t know about her, but I live in a world where advertising actually works… Effie’s Attic is surely not there to please the customer and that is when the beauty of Capitalism comes to mind: we’ll just take our business somewhere else!
(*) As for quantities, I don’t eat a lot: I’m 6’1” and weight 145 lb.
John and Karla

Toledo, OH

#2 May 17, 2013
We love Effie's and go as often as we can manage. It's a 40 minute drive, but worth it. I love the berry pretzel salad. The food is carefully made, all from scratch. The owner and her nice staff make us feel welcome. I can feel the tension from work melt away. It is good that a few of these special places still exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lunch program focuses on immigration, deportati... Sep 9 Wildchild 2
Nicole beese (Mar '17) Aug 31 David 18
News Robin Hamlin and Steven Fleming to tie the knot... Jun '17 Brice N Livingston 1
90 Day Fianc'e (Dec '14) Jun '17 Babe Ruth 3
News Baptists decide to remoderl fire damaged church... May '17 They cannot kill ... 2
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Larry and Carol Bartlett (Aug '16) Aug '16 aadrivers 7

Milan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milan Mortgages